Group Fly and Team Teleport really needs to be an Options menu toggle.

kelika2

If on a TF, Null the Gull wont talk to you

If in a regular group and someone groupflies/team teleports you have to tell them or be told to do something, and thats heading to pocket d, and back to the mission.  Sure some of you have the pocket d port and mission porter, now imagine heading to Null every alt.

Please consider this now that group fly will be a super viable thing for masterminds

all the rockets

all the floating beasts

all the team teleporting group flying ninjas tping behind you nothing personnel binded

Worry.  Maybe.

Edited by kelika2
bird
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Razor Cure said:

That does make sense..but yeah, it is really silly

Thankfully people (idiots) with group fly are few and faaaaaar between. Still would be a good little option to have though.

There are going to be quite a few Masterminds running Group Fly come Page 2, myself included.

7 hours ago, Razor Cure said:

Thankfully people (idiots) with group fly are few and faaaaaar between. Still would be a good little option to have though.

Have you paid attention to the changes coming up in Beta? It's going to be much more appealing to Masterminds (potentially controllers/doms, too, though I don't think as much -  need to take a look there.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Create character....run to Kings row...Truck ---> PD ---> Null the Gull.  

Preventative maintenance on your car like oil change or tire rotation is usually done before its a problem, less then 5 minutes per character can take care of any problem for group buffs.  "BUT I AM NOT GOING TO WASTE 5 MINUTES OF MY LIFE!!" was the excuse in the past...dunno, seems 5 mins to save stress about a problem in the future which is avoidable is about the same time to post a suggestion and far less time to do an entire TF.

• Thanks 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

11 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

Create character....run to Kings row...Truck ---> PD ---> Null the Gull.  

Preventative maintenance on your car like oil change or tire rotation is usually done before its a problem, less then 5 minutes per character can take care of any problem for group buffs.  "BUT I AM NOT GOING TO WASTE 5 MINUTES OF MY LIFE!!" was the excuse in the past...dunno, seems 5 mins to save stress about a problem in the future which is avoidable is about the same time to post a suggestion and far less time to do an entire TF.

100-odd alts on one account on one server, several more on each other server, then the other account...

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

1 hour ago, Razor Cure said:

Still is 5 mins, that could be changed into TWO SECONDS (cause caps makes a point better) by adding an option somewhere else.

What else are you going to do when you first log in with a new character?  Head the problem off at the pass, blow up the tunnel, and block it first thing.  

11 minutes ago, Greycat said:

100-odd alts on one account on one server, several more on each other server, then the other account...

Same, but I don't bitch about it and rarely see it anyway.  If it's an important issue, I try to fix or prevent the problem before it becomes a problem.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

Just now, Outrider_01 said:

What else are you going to do when you first log in with a new character?  Head the problem off at the pass, blow up the tunnel, and block it first thing.  

Heaps of stuff.

Do missions

Street sweep.

DFB.

Badge hunt for the accolade.

TALK to friends.

Sit there while you eat/afk/etc.

Running to PD to change a setting related to two of the most good awful annoying powers in the game (for at least 90% of people)..is far far down on my list.

28 minutes ago, Razor Cure said:

Ahh prevent the problem? Like..for example..adding the Null travel options to P2W menus? Good idea Sir!

Mixing up things a single NPC can do, meh, not the best idea ever.   Let's put a Null on the counter in City Hall instead.

Because, yeah, it's a pain to run to Pocket D, especially on a low level character.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

1 hour ago, Outrider_01 said:

Same, but I don't bitch about it and rarely see it anyway.  If it's an important issue, I try to fix or prevent the problem before it becomes a problem.

There's a difference between an "important" issue and an annoying one. Given what will likely *remind* someone they don't have a "do not affect" setting set is getting hit by it at an inopportune time, having an option (or slash command, which I suggested in the feedback thread) to turn it off *right then and there* would be useful.

Especially if it's a setting you may want to change depending on situation... sort of like the prompt team teleport setting we already have. I do want the prompt up if I'm, say, helping herd Rikti in an MSR. I may not in a smaller team situation. Given we *do* have this prompt for teleport already, suggesting it for group fly isn't exactly asking for something new and crazy.

• Like 2

Wow great idea, an option just like teleport to have the choice to accept or opt out for group fly is an excellent idea.

By having the option, there is no issue with those that have pets for the pets to move with their owners, which is need for evident reasons.

Sue

19 hours ago, TemporalVileTerror said:

If adding additional elements to the Options menu GUI is still too much of a pain in the rear, what about adding Base Null Gulls, or even Tutorial Zone Null Gulls?  After all, Null is powerful enough to exist in multiple locations at the same time, no?

This does make more sense.

Maybe add him to MAGIC in Atlas mocking them at their understandings.  Maybe an intern or something asking if that bird is real or not.

Or somethingsomething Mercy island.

I'll do you one better, @Haijinx:  I remember when there was -no- prep work, other than making your first costume and arranging your one or two Powers on the Tray.

But, yeah.

If not a full Null the Gull (as, naturally, we wouldn't be able to have someone changing to the Villain alignment while standing in Atlas Park . . . yet), then maybe a dull Null who just does the very basics of certain preferences.  Such as the Server Tray and Group Fly preferences.

• Like 1