Blasters as stalkers

DougGraves

I am trying out a dual pistols/devices blaster.  While it played fairly normally at first, at 20 you get a stealth power.  I am sure it is not as good as stalker stealth, but especially when paired with smoke grenade you can basically stealth your missions and live the stalker lifestyle.  But dual pistols does not have a sniper attack, so I can't do the whole stalker lifestyle.

I know ninjitsu also provides some stealth function for stalkers.

So is anyone playing a blaster like a ranged stalker with stealth and snipe (I know it kids these days play stalkers like scrappers)?

On live, I played my stalker like a blaster.

Dark/dark/Soul with a Moonbeam Assassin Strike

• Haha 1
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

• 2 weeks later

Pistols, probably not so much.  But any blaster with snipe and a stealth power (or a stealth proc slotted into a sprint, or similar) can play as a very potent assassin.  Teleport Target, to isolate single foes and thin down groups of mobs can be used, as well.

It won't work in 99% of team play, because of the tactless, berserker chaos that comprises most CoH team combat.  Rather sad, IMO- but that's how it is.

• Like 1

@DougGraves

Not that I would ever call it the stalker (eww) lifestyle but I get what you are asking

and having played most every Blaster primary paired with Devices as a secondary I can tell you all of

them except Pistols, Water, Ice and Sonic have a sniper attack and will get you the stealthy experience you want.

My personal favorites are Rad (their snipe paired with Cosmic Burst is a great 1 stun, 2 snipe, combo),

Dark (they tie with Energy for earliest Sniper attack level 8!) and Psychic (fun synergy).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

9 hours ago, Grindingsucks said:

Pistols, probably not so much.  But any blaster with snipe and a stealth power (or a stealth proc slotted into a sprint, or similar) can play as a very potent assassin.  Teleport Target, to isolate single foes and thin down groups of mobs can be used, as well.

It won't work in 99% of team play, because of the tactless, berserker chaos that comprises most CoH team combat.  Rather sad, IMO- but that's how it is.

If you want to play like a assassin, solo.

Hell once stalkers get their special Stalker IO they barely play like an assassin anymore.

• Like 1