Global Recharge Enhancements

Braix

Is there a listing of which enhancements have global recharge anywhere?  Tried searching the forums and on the AH tried searching via global recharge but finding nothing.  Any direction to where I could find a list or any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Not to be nit picky, but technically the LoTG +7.5% recharge piece is a "set bonus" as well.  The game literally lists the +7.5% piece under your character's set bonuses (menu-personal info-powers tab) and it follows all the rules of a set bonus.  Bit of a pet peeve of mine as every time I call it a set bonus when people ask about how it works on help channel, at least a person or two shoots back, "it's not a set bonus, it's a global!"  Some can be strangely aggressive about it.  

• Haha 1

That's because LotG is a Global enhancement:

Global Set-like Special IOs provide bonuses that are not found in ordinary enhancements and they act just like Set Bonuses, only instead of requiring two or more members of a Set in order to start giving bonuses, only one of these Special IOs need be slotted in order to start giving its bonus.

Source

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Riverdusk said:

Not to be nit picky, but technically the LoTG +7.5% recharge piece is a "set bonus" as well.  The game literally lists the +7.5% piece under your character's set bonuses (menu-personal info-powers tab) and it follows all the rules of a set bonus.  Bit of a pet peeve of mine as every time I call it a set bonus when people ask about how it works on help channel, at least a person or two shoots back, "it's not a set bonus, it's a global!"  Some can be strangely aggressive about it.  

You are correct. The enhancement acts as a 1 piece set bonus. It has its own special name, something like set_bonus.luck_of_the_gambler (don't quote me on that). Whereas a regular set bonus that offers 7.5% recharge has a name like set_bonus.recharge_buff_5 (recharge_buff_6 would be 8.75% and recharge_buff_7 would be 10%).  The rule of 5 applies to unique set bonus names which is why the 7.5% from LotG does not interfere with the 7.5% set bonus

Edited by Bopper
  • Like 2

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Typically the bonus carries 1 of 7 size names, i.e. Tiny, Small, Moderate, Large, Huge, Gargantuan, and Ultimate.  So Tiny Recharge Bonus, Large Recovery Bonus, or Small Accuracy Bonus.  

So we have two numerically identical bonuses with two different names --> Luck of the Gambler: Recharge Speed and Huge Recharge Bonus both with the numerical value of 7.5%.

Edited by Doomguide2005

11 hours ago, Braix said:

Thanks so much for the replies.  It is greatly appreciated.

A great place to look for global recharge discussions is the Dominator Forum.  Perma Dom is a cornerstone of 99% of the builds there and requires a TON of global recharge.  So searching that forum for recharge perma, perma-dom, etc should yield interesting conversations.

11 hours ago, Bopper said:

You are correct. The enhancement acts as a 1 piece set bonus. It has its own special name, something like set_bonus.luck_of_the_gambler (don't quote me on that). Whereas a regular set bonus that offers 7.5% recharge has a name like set_bonus.recharge_buff_5 (recharge_buff_6 would be 8.75% and recharge_buff_7 would be 10%).  The rule of 5 applies to unique set bonus names which is why the 7.5% from LotG does not interfere with the 7.5% set bonus

That's good to know. I thought ir was a bug with the planner for not flagging me for having six 7.5% bonuses.

23 hours ago, SuperPlyx said:

That's because LotG is a Global enhancement:

Source

Pretty sure all set bonuses are global. I often will agree with that and say so, as in "Okay, it is a global set bonus", even if I find that a bit redundant

And your source is a third party wiki.  According to the game itself LoTG is labeled a set bonus.    I'll trust the label the game itself gives it.

CoH Set Bonus.JPG

7 hours ago, Snarky said:

A great place to look for global recharge discussions is the Dominator Forum.  Perma Dom is a cornerstone of 99% of the builds there and requires a TON of global recharge.  So searching that forum for recharge perma, perma-dom, etc should yield interesting conversations.

Will definitely check there.  Thank you.

• Like 1