I'm looking for a Gather for RA's bind

smnolimits41

I'm going to be honest with you. You don't need it. I personally don't stop what I'm doing to go hug the person asking to come hug them for RA and this is a call that is repeated every two minutes.

It would be smarter to just try your best and catch as many people in it as you can.

Edited by Sovera
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Sovera said:

I'm going to be honest with you. You don't need it. I personally don't stop what I'm doing to go hug the person asking to come hug them for RA and this is a call that is repeated every two minutes.

Your best is just to try your best to catch as many people in it as you can.

I was itching to say just this. Gathering for buffs is a bit old fashioned these days. Position yourself half way between the melee guys in the spawn and your backline and just fire them off. Anyone who is way off on their own fighting stuff clearly doesn't need the support anyway.

They come around often enough that if someone does miss out they'll have another shot soon. But you know when they'll certainly not be recharging? When you are holding off using them to wait for everyone to stop what they are doing and come and give you a hug :).

• Like 1

I use the gather for RA bind on anything but my empath. It's 100% more accurate at robot player detection than asking them to point out how many street signs there are on a screen.

Also works on zombies.

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

As others are pointing out it's rare these days to announce.  That said I don't  imagine it would bother most folks either if you do so as long as you're prompt using it and aren't bothered by half the team just continuing to do their thing.  The changes to when Stamina/Fitness is available plus IOs making it vastly easier to maintain a healthy blue bar plus nukes that dont crash etc., etc. have all contributed to the need for individuals and teams to gather for Recovery Aura buffs to be greatly reduced as our collective end bars don't tend to get ravished the way they used to.  I to just find a midpoint that'll include some of few blue bars that are struggling and get the most characters.

basic syntax:  https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Binds

Deep Magic:  https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/The_Incomplete_and_Unofficial_Guide_to_/bind

But yea, what Doomguide2005 said.  If you see someone hemmoraging END, make sure to to catch that person in Recovery Aura. Similar judgement calls for who's most necessry to catch with Regen Aura.

I only use the call outs if I can clearly see the team is falling apart without my buffs. I then usually only call it out once and let them know to try to stay near me if you need the buffs. All my toons are ?/DPS so I'm busy killing to call out buffs

Edited by Dahkness

Kill Most ITFs! Defender Tank! dahkness11 - Twitch