Name Release

Apogee

• 1 month later

Back in the day, there was a huge thread for this kind of thing on Virtue.  I kinda hope it becomes a thing here, too.

I have released two: Necrodancer and Stormy Knight.

• 2 weeks later
  • 1 month later
2 hours ago, Iconic Simulation said:

Just incredible the difference Im seeing with this game. Im actually from DCUO, and just starting to get into CoH. On DCUO when many names were released from a server merge people snatched them up to then later resell. 

Back in the NCSoft days, the Virtue server name thread was mostly free names and some for trade.  Often someone would see a name they wanted when they weren't at their computer.  They would ask in the thread and someone would make a character with that name, and delete it when the person could get back to the game.  I never saw anyone take the name for themselves.  I always thought it was super cool people would help each other like that. 

Nostalgia aside, I released the name Helltouched last night.

• Like 2

Got rid of 'Alara'.  Good costume but the concept called for Super Strength and I'm not bothering with leveling one until it's fixed.

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Call out to the Superhero on Torch currently using the name Royal Assassin

That was my main back in the day and my global on my main account on homecoming. Currently having to use Royal.Assassin be glad if you could release the name properly so it can find its self home.....

Released the name Ultraviolent if anyone wants it.  It wasn't my first choice, and I just can't play a character with a name other than the one I wanted.

If anyone has the name Violence and isn't using it, I'd happily take it off your hands...  🙂

Edited by Player2

Some names I've noticed that are available...  in case anyone wants them:

Assbutt

Brainhack

Brainjacker

Counterstrike

Enigmatic

Ex-Man

Grab

HammerSlammer

Headbuster

Hotstorm

HotWatt

Humanitarian

Hustler

Hypnopocalypse

Hypnostorm

Ice Slice

Immunity

Kill Skill

Killstealer

Legbreaker

Liquidstorm

Little Brother

Magic Mushrooms

Merc Storm

Murkstorm

Omni-Force

Riotstorm

Sadistic Saint

Sanebrain

Shrill Kill

Soulstealer

Stormshot

Stun Nun

Swordstorm

Terrorstorm

Timebinder

Timeblaster

Timetwister

Unholy Hero

Weekend Warlord

Will Kill

Enjoy!

Edited by Player2

• 2 months later

If anyone has any of the names below and are interested in moving to the corresponding shard, I am looking to consolidate my characters in one location (preferably Torchbearer).

Battle Babe  (Everlasting)

Contrary  (Indomitable)

Crafter  (Indomitable)

Dragonstorm  (Everlasting)

F-Bomb  (Everlasting)

Flasher  (Everlasting)

Glory Hammer  (Everlasting)

Good Girl  (Indomitable)

Nose Goblin  (Everlasting)

Omnipotence  (Indomitable)

Poledancer  (Everlasting)

Public Defender  (Everlasting)

Stripper  (Indomitable)

Struggle  (Indomitable)

Edited by Player2

• 2 weeks later

I'm keeping the name "Kyle" forever. Mwhaha!

• Like 1

Torchbearer level 50s: Kyle (Beast/Emp MM), Jet Engine (Rad/Rad Tank), Joint (Fire/Fire Blaster), Defensive (Force Field/Psionic Defender), Heel (Thug/Warmth MM), Terence Mckenna(Dark/Nature Controller), A Real Bird (Sonic/Sonic Corr), Too Much Perfume (Merc/Rad MM)

• 2 weeks later
On 12/6/2019 at 10:31 AM, Player2 said:

Sure, why not?  😎

At least you didn't pick Keith.

Nice to meet you, Keith!

• Haha 1

Torchbearer level 50s: Kyle (Beast/Emp MM), Jet Engine (Rad/Rad Tank), Joint (Fire/Fire Blaster), Defensive (Force Field/Psionic Defender), Heel (Thug/Warmth MM), Terence Mckenna(Dark/Nature Controller), A Real Bird (Sonic/Sonic Corr), Too Much Perfume (Merc/Rad MM)

21 hours ago, Avoca said:

Nice to meet you, Keith!

I'm not Keith.  I'm just referring to an episode of Family Guy where Peter and his friends were breaking into his father-in-law's vault.  One of the locks was a security question asking what the worst name ever is.  Spoiler:  It's Keith.

Related image

• 2 weeks later
On 8/21/2019 at 1:25 PM, Ebonshaft said:

Call out to the Superhero on Torch currently using the name Royal Assassin

That was my main back in the day and my global on my main account on homecoming. Currently having to use Royal.Assassin be glad if you could release the name properly so it can find its self home.....

I know that guy and hate to tell you - it was his global on his main account back in the day too. I'm not feeling that is has been unfairly co-opted.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later
  • 3 weeks later

Released: Semiramide

Claimed: Omphale

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

• 2 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later

Just picked up this message in Discord:

NezzConstantineToday at 3:26 AM
ATTENTION: I am deleting toons on this server. The following names will become available in the next 10 minutes: Aliyah, Angela, Asaru, Diavolo, Gebriel, Harrah, Jessica, Kenny, Kumori, Lilian, Little Lulu, Lucienne, Mariana, Mary, Ms. Roth, Neriene, Nevina, October, Sorena, Warren, Xephina, Zannon, and Zenbrion.

Edited by Oubliette_Red

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.