Changing rarity via converters

Fedifensor

1 hour ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Here’s the thing.  There are a few ways to get converters, and different people are going to have a competitive advantage in earning one over the other.

Unless I am missing something, there are four methods of gaining converters:

1. Random drop from mob kill

2. Convert merits at 3 converters/ merit

3. Buy it in the AH.  We’ve been using 100k as the benchmark.

4. Random drop from Hero/Villain/Winter pack.

(if I’m missing things, PLEASE point it out to me.  I’m not too proud to learn something.)

Focusing on 2 and 3.  Some people will find it easier/faster to gain 100 merits, and some people will find it easier/faster to gain 30mm inf.  For me and my constraints, the inf route is faster and more consistent with my play style.

I am aware of this, just wanted to point it out for people who might not know.

For me, the converters haven't paid off.  The again, I am approaching 200 levels worth of characters with only 2 above 20. A 24 and a 36. 

I can quit making alts anytime. Lol.

• Haha 1

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

1 hour ago, wjrasmussen said:

I am aware of this, just wanted to point it out for people who might not know.

For me, the converters haven't paid off.  The again, I am approaching 200 levels worth of characters with only 2 above 20. A 24 and a 36. 

I can quit making alts anytime. Lol.

I feel your pain. With 714 levels worth of characters (4-50s, 1-41 with two different builds, 1-38 and 18 in the 22-36 range), I am already considering making several more once I get back from my couple of weeks game break.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

On 7/28/2019 at 4:45 PM, Myrmidon said:

I feel your pain. With 714 levels worth of characters (4-50s, 1-41 with two different builds, 1-38 and 18 in the 22-36 range), I am already considering making several more once I get back from my couple of weeks game break.

I'll take what is alt-itis for 500 Alex.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Robotech_Master said:

I'm not seeing any sign Converters are going up. If anything, the opposite. I almost never see Converters listed at 150K anymore, and can often buy them for 80K each if I place the bids and wait.

My buy-it-now bids are 95k.  My buy-it-soon(tm) bids are 85-90k.  My buy-it-overnight bids are 65-75k.  65k seems to be just about as low as it goes for now, and I don't always get fills overnight.

Who run Bartertown?

4 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

My buy-it-now bids are 95k.  My buy-it-soon(tm) bids are 85-90k.  My buy-it-overnight bids are 65-75k.  65k seems to be just about as low as it goes for now, and I don't always get fills overnight.

Holy moly...time to stock up...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

I always pay 100k just to do my part to keep folks selling them. But I've been buying off friends so much it's been a couple weeks since i've bought on the ah. they keep getting them by the thousands from their pack purchase merits.

7 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I tried to fill all the bids on the market (about4k at the time) but in stacks of 10 it's too tedious. I did make a dent in the bids and dropped the active bids down to about 65k, but two days alter the bids were back at 8k total bids out and lowest was 85k again.

• Thanks 1