Share your Gravity/Singy binds?

SuperPlyx

After getting sidetracked by a scrapper, I am finally getting around to adding Sorcery and TP to my Gravity Dom.

And was wondering if those who have been using this for awhile have got some good binds for it you would share.

Thanks

The only bind I use is for translocation - /bind MBUTTON, "powexec_location target Translocation$$powexec_location camera:max Translocation"  That TPs you to a selected target or, if none selected, as far as you can go in the direction of the camera.

Not a bind, but my favorite thing is to wormhole groups into a corner, AoE immobile, Enflame on boss, Propel to take a chunk of HP and knock a bunch down, then keep them there and whittle them down with Singy's help.

Edited by Bionic_Flea
  • Like 1

Well for anyone that's interested here is one I am experimenting with:

/macro TPS "powexec_name Teleport Target$$target_name Singularity"

This will give you a macro that when pressed the first time will select SIngy and when pressed the second time will bring up the TP reticle to TP Singy.

Easily changed to a bind.

Note: If you have renamed your Singularity you must use that name instead of Singularity.

Edit: this is not working in a combat situation, getting name could not be found error....damned if I know what's wrong with it.

Edited by SuperPlyx

1 hour ago, SuperPlyx said:

Well for anyone that's interested here is one I am experimenting with:

/macro TPS "powexec_name Teleport Target$$target_name Singularity"

This will give you a macro that when pressed the first time will select SIngy and when pressed the second time will bring up the TP reticle to TP Singy.

Easily changed to a bind.

Note: If you have renamed your Singularity you must use that name instead of Singularity.

Edit: this is not working in a combat situation, getting name could not be found error....damned if I know what's wrong with it.

I've tried making this into a single bind and was unable to as it would get stuck in targeting Singy and would not move to Teleport Target.

I resolved this by making a rolling bind. It still has some flaws such as Singy needing to be within LoS to be targeted which doesn't always happen.

But, I must say, this gameplay is nearly mandatory now. I kept doing this and that and eventually figured my main AoE CC both trapping, CCing, and helping the team, was simply to teleport Singy into a new group of enemies. It was very satisfying and fulfilling.

Singularity.txt

Singularity2.txt

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sovera said:

nearly mandatory now

I've been agonizing over this a bit myself!

My current Grav/Energy build is pretty tight on powers, and has already dipped into four pools.

I just created a new build where I drop Hover in favor of teleport target. I hate missing out on the extra lotg and more affordable in-combat maneuverability, not to mention the earlier slotting opportunity to defense uniques. 

Do you think tp target is enough of a game changer with Singularity to make such sacrifice?

6 hours ago, Onlyasandwich said:

I've been agonizing over this a bit myself!

My current Grav/Energy build is pretty tight on powers, and has already dipped into four pools.

I just created a new build where I drop Hover in favor of teleport target. I hate missing out on the extra lotg and more affordable in-combat maneuverability, not to mention the earlier slotting opportunity to defense uniques. 

Do you think tp target is enough of a game changer with Singularity to make such sacrifice?

I had the same problem myself, but yes, definitely. The moment you get Singy you get your AoE CC who also pulls a spawn together. it makes my Tankers salivate with envy.

The best part? It 'recharges' in 6 seconds 😄 Eventually your Singy gets worn down, but by then you can just replace it by a new one.

I chose to drop out of the fighting Pool because without Hover flying is not great for combat. I also had ruinous EPS with barely 0.20 POSITIVE! 😄 So two less toggles was good, but it was a tough decision since I had 75% to S/L and 45% ranged with Fighting.

Edited by Sovera
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sovera said:

drop out of the fighting Pool

You convinced me! Goodbye fighting pool. 

I went for Frozen Armor rather than an epic resist, so may be squishier for sure than your build overall. I did manage to maintain softcap on S/L though, so perhaps that will be enough in concert with controls. Can't wait to login and respec later to try this out!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sovera said:

makes my Tankers salivate with envy.

You weren't kidding!

I did my respec tonight and got to play with it on some good missions - ran Black Scorpion with a team.

I can't imagine life without it now. TP Target +Singy is indeed mandatory for optimal fun and performance. It gave me an excuse to pick up combat teleport as well, which I'm always wanting anyhow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Vulpoid said:

Does this require a button name or any quotation marks within to work?

Yeah it does, should look like this:

/macro TPS "petselectname Singularity$$powexecname Teleport Target"

Where TPS is button name, and if you have named your Singularity you will need to use it's name instead

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later
On 5/18/2021 at 7:23 AM, Bionic_Flea said:

The only bind I use is for translocation - /bind MBUTTON, "powexec_location target Translocation$$powexec_location camera:max Translocation"  That TPs you to a selected target or, if non selected, as far as you can go in the direction of the camera.

Not a bind, but my favorite thing is to wormhole groups into a corner, AoE immobile, Enflame on boss, Propel to take a chunk of HP and knock a bunch down, then keep them there and whittle them down with Singy's help.

I don't care to mess about with binds, so I tried to make this into a macro but can't seem to make it work:

/macro TP, "powexec_location target Translocation$$powexec_location camera:max Translocation"

Anyone know what I messed up?  I can still TP across the sky in the proper direction, but it doesn't take me to my target.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Waaait, I may have misunderstood what this is supposed to do.  "Target" here meaning "place I want to go, would have clicked the little white circle on," right?  If so, then I'm an idiot and it's working just fine.  Never mind me!

*Jedi handwave*

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

26 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Waaait, I may have misunderstood what this is supposed to do.  "Target" here meaning "place I want to go, would have clicked the little white circle on," right?  If so, then I'm an idiot and it's working just fine.  Never mind me!

*Jedi handwave*

No.  It's supposed to teleport you to whatever you have targeted in your reticle, be that a teammate, NPC, or even certain items (blinkies and destructible ones).  But if you have nothing targeted then its supposed to take you as far as it can in the direction you are facing. 

The target part I generally use to do a surprise nuke or AoE control in the middle of a group.  Sometimes I also use a different macro to find a certain thing and then TP to target.

The camera:max part is mainly for traveling across zones or large distances indoors.

OK, so in that case, yeah, it's not working.  I tested it out on some poor unassuming grey-con, but they remained safe.  I'd just shoot right past them to the furthest possible TP point (usually with my nose against a wall).  It seems to work just fine as a "TP me without the reticle" button, so, halfway there!

More testing is needed, such as say deleting the one I made and remaking it to see how that works.

Go have fun!

Those would be in one of my my chat windows, right?  Didn't see any, no. 

Go have fun!

• 1 month later
On 5/27/2021 at 5:22 AM, SuperPlyx said:

Yeah it does, should look like this:

/macro TPS "petselectname Singularity$$powexecname Teleport Target"

Where TPS is button name, and if you have named your Singularity you will need to use it's name instead

Finally got my grav/thorn respeced to be able to use this. What a freakin game changer.  I barely need to do anything else other than position Singy in the middle of a mob. He pulls them together, knocks them down, throws out controls. I can finally live my best life as Thorn Blaster!

• 3 weeks later
On 5/19/2021 at 9:36 AM, Sovera said:

I had the same problem myself, but yes, definitely. The moment you get Singy you get your AoE CC who also pulls a spawn together. it makes my Tankers salivate with envy.

The best part? It 'recharges' in 6 seconds 😄 Eventually your Singy gets worn down, but by then you can just replace it by a new one.

I chose to drop out of the fighting Pool because without Hover flying is not great for combat. I also had ruinous EPS with barely 0.20 POSITIVE! 😄 So two less toggles was good, but it was a tough decision since I had 75% to S/L and 45% ranged with Fighting.

I'm running a grav/dark troller and i need to know how you managed to drop fighting pool. Id love to get the TP power in my build to be able to sort the above!

8 minutes ago, WitchofDread said:

I'm running a grav/dark troller and i need to know how you managed to drop fighting pool. Id love to get the TP power in my build to be able to sort the above!

I'd be happy to know just to have a toon that has enough End to play for longer than eight seconds below 50 without the typical Incarnates crutch.  Currently leveling a Fire/Martial and I often have to leave those toggles off. 

Go have fun!

3 hours ago, WitchofDread said:

Well, how it's easy, just don't pick it. I'm not joking. Obviously I had to make sacrifices because I dropped it and lost that defense and capped resistances.

It still has 40% to Ranged and 52% resistances to S/L and 72% to energy.

To get Fold Space sooner you would need to replace Flying with Teleport as your travel power. I would still keep Hover for combat though because the point of stacking Ranged defense is to force enemies to hit us from range.

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.5.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Blue Heaven: Level 50 Natural Controller
Primary Power Set: Gravity Control
Secondary Power Set: Storm Summoning
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Teleportation
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Lift -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), GldJvl-Dam%(5), Apc-Dam%(5), ExpStr-Dam%(7)
Level 1: Gale -- Empty(A)
Level 2: O2 Boost -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(7), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(9), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(9), Pnc-Heal(11)
Level 4: Gravity Distortion -- GldJvl-Dam%(A), ImpSwf-Dam%(15), GldNet-Dam%(15), UnbCns-Dam%(17), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(17), NrnSht-Dam%(19)
Level 6: Propel -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(19), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), ExpStr-Dam%(21), GldJvl-Dam%(23), FrcFdb-Rechg%(23)
Level 8: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(29), Rct-ResDam%(31)
Level 10: Steamy Mist -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(25), Rct-Def/EndRdx(25), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(27), GldArm-3defTpProc(46)
Level 12: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(27), BlsoftheZ-Travel(31), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(39)
Level 14: Tactics -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 16: Freezing Rain -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(33), Artl-Dam/Rech(33), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(34), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(34), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(34)
Level 18: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(36)
Level 20: Victory Rush -- EndMod-I(A)
Level 22: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel(36)
Level 24: Evasive Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel(31), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(33)
Level 26: Wormhole -- RechRdx-I(A), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(29), RechRdx-I(48)
Level 28: Crushing Field -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(36), Artl-Dam/Rech(37), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(37), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(37), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(39)
Level 30: Teleport Target -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(47)
Level 32: Singularity -- ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(40), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(40), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), ExpStr-Dam%(42), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(42)
Level 35: Tornado -- ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(43), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(43), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SlbAll-Build%(45), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(45)
Level 38: Charged Armor -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(45), TtnCtn-ResDam(46), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 41: Combat Teleport -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel(47)
Level 44: Fold Space -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 47: Crush -- SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(48), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg(48), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(50), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(50), SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(50)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Containment
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(11), Mrc-Rcvry+(13)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(13)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 50: Intuition Radial Paragon
Level 50: Support Core Embodiment
Level 50: Clarion Partial Core Invocation
Level 50: Degenerative Total Radial Conversion
Level 50: Portal Jockey
Level 50: Task Force Commander
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 22: Afterburner
------------

• Thumbs Up 2