Classic Positron Challenge

Are there any players that have the sick urge to complete the classic task force which many dreaded during Live with either classic powersets or just to see how their heroes meet the challenge of an Ouroboro Positron? I would run this with a 3-8 man team. Share your thoughts.

As it remains the only TF ive ever soloed as well as the longest i ever finished with a 2 day time frame i admit to somewhat morbid curiosity to do it again in the original klingon such as it were

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

The only thing holding me back is that there isn't a way to show I've done it over new Posi. Doing Sister Psyche gets me a different badge, I want people to see my profile and know I'm a sucker for punishment.

Edited by Xiddo
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

It was the first slogfest task force I did on Live, maybe i4, on Fire/Axe tanker.  Several hours into it the team stopped for the night and the 8 of us agreed to resume the next night.  As you  might have guessed already only 3 of us returned the next night.

And several hours later, woohoo, we actually succeeded!  If it wasn't for TF Commander and altitis it might have been quite awhile till it got done again.  The irony of the later duo doing it daily for merits in under an hour ... 

We did this with a full team of ‘classic’ sets, no P2W, no XP buffs, etc.  No trust funding, no SO until L22, no IO’s.

Run sprint to offset inherent Stamina and take unused powers if you wanted to get it by L20.

Positron was indeed a challenge, but having a whole team of players who know how to play and are aware of their limitations was hugely helpful.  

we were using ineffablebob’s Classic Hero Challenge (or Issue Zero/launch settings - approximated)

I want to do this.  Although a standout memory from live is a failed old Positron TF.

As I remember it was a weekend day.  We gathered up 8 and headed in, complete PUG.  2 dropped in the first half hour.  Before an hour was up we lost another.  That was the tipping point.  We were going slower.  We lost 2 more in the next half hour.  That left 3 with just a few more missions.  They stayed 1 more.  I am on an Energy Blaster.  I somehow get everything done except the last boss.  The last boss is an EB not an AV.  I know I have a chance.  

It was a long ugly fight.  I kept pulling to elevators and trying to use them to catch a break and recover.  In the end.....abject and utter failure.  Despondency.   

But yes I would play it again.  They really need to add a badge for this masochistic crap though.

I've often repeated the original Positron TF 'for kicks'. I have a warm memory of being on this TF (live, playing a Tanker) and having the entire TF quit out of frustration. I logged back in the next day and completed it by myself.

I wouldn't recommend it for everyone (with the original rules and options from Live), but it is completely do-able.

On 5/22/2021 at 2:37 PM, Xiddo said:

The only thing holding me back is that there isn't a way to show I've done it over new Posi. Doing Sister Psyche gets me a different badge, I want people to see my profile and know I'm a sucker for punishment.

I've actually been thinking about doing Sister Psyche for the last week or so.

That one TF used to get me between 3-6 lvls almost everytime.

We initially filled the Classic Positron team but one member was interrupted by the real life AV and had to bow out.

Caged-Cube, my Ice/electric affinity controller

Lumin Kitty, Peacebringer

Critical Missy, stalker

Hellstryker, scrapper

Mae Ienah, Demon/Time MM

Darkness and Shadow, Sentinel

Deaf from Bellow, Sonic/Kin corruptor

We didn't really grind, had some casualties, but we finished in 1 hr 52 min. Fun was had by all.

By suggestion, next Friday we are setting our sights on the Ouro Sister Psyche.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1