Taking a Hiatus from the Game

gourdhead

So, life is throwing me  a series of curveballs that are forcing me to take a temporary hiatus from Paragon City 😞  I'll for sure be back, but this seems like a good time to delete some alts and free up some names.  This is the first round, I'll delete a couple every day for the next couple of days and post them here.  They are all on Excelsior, but the individual shard forums don't seem to get much traffic.  

So, as of now, the following names are available-

Speed Phreak
Gamma Ray Gloria
Doctor Freaky
Colonel Confusion
Malfiore
Ebony Darkwind
Wight to Bear Arms
Blaquewater Bae
Pinball Blizzard
Cold Phusion

• Sad 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

These are awesome names!!!!

Come back soon!

• Like 1

Forums  - a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

"it will be a forum for consumers to exchange their views on medical research"

Spam Response- Spam, in the context of cybersecurity, refers to any unsolicited and often irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent over the internet. 

These are good names. On that note I hope you are being careful not to give up one you regret later. I too have recently had life throwing me big curveballs and understand the hiatus thing as it could happen to any of us. I do hope that you really can come back and when you do I hope you leave yourself something to work with and not have to start completely over. I’m sort of projecting my own feelings here and I have no place saying anything really. Only that I really hope this is a ‘spring cleaning’ and not something else. Anyhow my friend, this is a neat idea and very thoughtful and generous. I’m just thinking about you down the road (which I hope leads back here if that’s what you want). Take care my friend.  

• Like 3

Want to see my current list of characters?  Want to know more about me than you ever wanted to know?

Wish Granted!   Check out the 'About Me' in my profile:   KauaiJim - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)

7 hours ago, KauaiJim said:

These are good names. On that note I hope you are being careful not to give up one you regret later. I too have recently had life throwing me big curveballs and understand the hiatus thing as it could happen to any of us. I do hope that you really can come back and when you do I hope you leave yourself something to work with and not have to start completely over. I’m sort of projecting my own feelings here and I have no place saying anything really. Only that I really hope this is a ‘spring cleaning’ and not something else. Anyhow my friend, this is a neat idea and very thoughtful and generous. I’m just thinking about you down the road (which I hope leads back here if that’s what you want). Take care my friend.  

Oh, I'm keeping plenty of characters 🙂  These are just the ones that I reserved the name but never really built. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I like Pinball Blizzard! They're all great names, but why would you release them (and apparently our enh/inf) if you are just taking a break/hiatus?  I'm sure you have your reasons, but I do hope things improve soon and you can come back! 

6 minutes ago, Tahliah said:

I like Pinball Blizzard! They're all great names, but why would you release them (and apparently our enh/inf) if you are just taking a break/hiatus?  I'm sure you have your reasons, but I do hope things improve soon and you can come back! 

Oh, I'll be back 🙂  I'm starting my own business, and my likely living arrangements aren't going to involve speedy internet (small mountain town).  I just feel bad sitting on names I might never get around to playing.  I've got 40-50 alts to keep me busy when I come back.  For Every Pinball Blizzard there's a Robotenmeister and an Ebony Archer.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, gourdhead said:

Oh, I'll be back 🙂  I'm starting my own business, and my likely living arrangements aren't going to involve speedy internet (small mountain town).  I just feel bad sitting on names I might never get around to playing.  I've got 40-50 alts to keep me busy when I come back.  For Every Pinball Blizzard there's a Robotenmeister and an Ebony Archer.

I have two comments:

1)  I played this game for years on DSL and I'm guessing it would work fine on dial-up as long as you steer clear of content like iTrials and Hami raids.

2)  Don't forget the name release policy.  It is not currently in effect, but they said they may put it into practice at any time with 30 days warning.  If you have any characters in the 6-20 level range that you don't want to lose their name, you'd have to log in to them at least every 90 days - *IF* the policy is implemented.  This would be announced on the forums, so stay in touch!

🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

2 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

1)  I played this game for years on DSL and I'm guessing it would work fine on dial-up as long as you steer clear of content like iTrials and Hami raids.

Works fine using a smart phone as a hotspot, including mothership raids (noticed that one was happening last week, went to see what the fuss was, stayed to "help").  A 3GB/month plan would cover it easily and still leave data for surfing (would hit a wall with streaming music or video, though).

• Thumbs Up 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

1 hour ago, Ironblade said:

I have two comments:

2)  Don't forget the name release policy.  It is not currently in effect, but they said they may put it into practice at any time with 30 days warning.  If you have any characters in the 6-20 level range that you don't want to lose their name, you'd have to log in to them at least every 90 days - *IF* the policy is implemented.  This would be announced on the forums, so stay in touch!

🙂

If its a character that i actually take the time to build, i usually run them through DFB 4 times to see how they play, then park them in the mid teens.  But thanks for the reminder.

1 hour ago, Luminara said:

Works fine using a smart phone as a hotspot, including mothership raids (noticed that one was happening last week, went to see what the fuss was, stayed to "help").  A 3GB/month plan would cover it easily and still leave data for surfing (would hit a wall with streaming music or video, though).

That's good to know.  I just updated my data plan to unlimited (because for the next 2 months it will likely be my only connection).  Hopefully once i get a little more settled i can get the gaming desktop set up and be back. But still, I think 49 alts is enough, someone else should use these names and have some fun.  And since I have a marketer AND a farmer, i can always make more $$$.

1 hour ago, gourdhead said:

I think 49 alts is enough

Crazy talk!  Sacrilege!  This is exactly why people shouldn't be allowed to have their own opinions!!!   😊

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Want to see my current list of characters?  Want to know more about me than you ever wanted to know?

Wish Granted!   Check out the 'About Me' in my profile:   KauaiJim - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)

12 hours ago, gourdhead said:

Today's name releases.  I was particularly proud of Ohm Migod 🙂

Saturday Night Live had a skit about people visiting City Hall to change their names.

One of them was named Irma Gerd.  🙂

• Haha 2

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

On 5/27/2021 at 1:27 PM, Luminara said:

Ditto this.  I play via LTE data connection.  I log at least 12-15 hours game time per week and barely accumulate a few gigs.  Game is very bandwidth friendly.

Edited by Crysis
  • Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, Ironblade said:

Saturday Night Live had a skit about people visiting City Hall to change their names.

One of them was named Irma Gerd.  🙂

I have a D&D character I play quite often.

His family name is McGurd.

His given name is Urr.

There have been two others with his name before him.

He was recently knighted.

He is Ser Urr McGurd the Third.

• Haha 2

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant

Drop Dead Gorgeous Cyber-Security Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden

Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Doctor Roswell (Psychic Blast/Atomic Manipulation blaster, 16 August 2024)

Last round of deletes from Excelsior.  Still no takers on startup funds 🙂  Come on, people, its free money 🙂

T-Sonic Pulsation

Fusion Confusion

Nitro Headache

Manchurian Moose

Also, when the server first went live, I built a few characters on Torchbearer.  I wound up using the names on Excelsior, but never got around to deleting them.  So here you go 🙂

Atom Aunt

Opeth Hellhammer

Herr Robotenmeister

6 hours ago, gourdhead said:

Last round of deletes from Excelsior.  Still no takers on startup funds 🙂  Come on, people, its free money 🙂

Heh, okay, if are just itching to ditch your moneys, I'll roll Pinball Blizzard on Excelsior.  When you come back, you can hit me up for your cash back.  :P