Electric Armor

StriderIV

I keep hearing that Electric Armor really shines on Brutes. Can someone share the reasoning for me? 

I was looking at it, and my guess is that it can hit it’s resist caps fairly easily (even on a Brute). Which I guess means you get some serious tankyness, while also maintaining the potential larger damage a Brute can dish out?

In addition, it has a decent heal that also provides +regen and an endurance discount. Huge resistance to -end and -recovery debuffs. Only big holes are to toxic damage and knockback if you're off the ground.

• Like 2

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

1 hour ago, Uun said:

In addition, it has a decent heal that also provides +regen and an endurance discount. Huge resistance to -end and -recovery debuffs. Only big holes are to toxic damage and knockback if you're off the ground.

Very good point as well. I was just wondering why these things seem to make it shine on a Brute over say, a Tanker? I guess the fact that some of the resist sets you might have trouble capping on a Brute, without giving up too much damage. Might not be the case with Electric Armor!

2 hours ago, StriderIV said:

I keep hearing that Electric Armor really shines on Brutes. Can someone share the reasoning for me? 

I was looking at it, and my guess is that it can hit it’s resist caps fairly easily (even on a Brute). Which I guess means you get some serious tankyness, while also maintaining the potential larger damage a Brute can dish out?

I think you pretty much nailed it. S/L/E are easily capped. It's also not out of question to reach high resistance numbers for F/C/P if you like 6 slotting purples.

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

4 minutes ago, Kyksie said:

set boners

Come again?

• Haha 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

1 minute ago, Kyksie said:

What, am I the only one who refers to set bonuses as 'boners'?

It makes me rethink the intent of the rule of 5

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, StriderIV said:

Very good point as well. I was just wondering why these things seem to make it shine on a Brute over say, a Tanker? I guess the fact that some of the resist sets you might have trouble capping on a Brute, without giving up too much damage. Might not be the case with Electric Armor!

Additionally, Rage Fury provides a very strong boost to damage auras.

Edited by Omega Force
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, Electric Armor is great on Brutes for many different reasons.  I find it difficult to play melee on Homecoming these days, but on live I had a ton of Brutes and most of those were Electric Armor.  Like Bopper said, you can easily cap S/L/E.  You can even cap Fire and fire farm if you want.  +20% recharge is great.  It has a nice heal.  The damage aura feeds into Brute's Fury.  You get a very nice endurance discount, and complete endurance drain protection which is great for tanking the MLTF (among other things).  It's also great for tanking Incarnate trials.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kyksie said:

If you want to farm, Electric Armor can cap Energy resist easily, and there are Energy farms. Capping S/L is harder but it can be done with Tough and set boners.

Soft cap smashing lethal defense, then find a en Energy Blast and melee farm, no pure damage like Electric Blast.  Smash defense easily checks the split NRG/Smash damage of energy, resists reduce the energy when hit and the regen negates the rest.  On a PVE build no less.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer