Stone melee/?

Mongoeatork

I usually suggest secondaries that help with endurance costs, because Stone Melee is fast animating and endurance heavy, so you run through the blue bar really quick.  Some standouts for that are Rad Armor (top pick for me) and Bio Armor because they both have endurance management aplenty as well as additional powers that either add damage or cause damage. Energy Armor has some endurance management and isn't available to tankers, so if you want something that you can only do on a brute, Stone Melee/Energy Aura is one combination like that.

Any combination will work though, so maybe pick something that looks fun. For me, empty blue bar makes me unhappy, so I stick with the stuff that makes the smash as endless as possible.

• Like 1

Stone Melee hits so God damn ridiculously hard that the best secondary is one that can feed it enough blue to keep going. The next concern is putting a bit of extra AoE in there.

So congratulations, the answer is always /Bio. No matter the question, the answer is /Bio.

• Haha 1

The idiot formerly known as Lord Khorak

3 hours ago, Dark Dove said:

Energy Armor has some endurance management and isn't available to tankers, so if you want something that you can only do on a brute, Stone Melee/Energy Aura is one combination like that.

NRG Armours recovery tools come quite late on (28 / 35). Once you get them it's a game changer but it does take time to get there. Around the same time, with a little IO slotting, you also tip into Godmode territory because your Def numbers can get quite silly (ended up over the Incarnate cap for S/L on my Staff/NRG brute almost by accident). 

Another vote for Electric. In addition to its +end powers, its also immune to -end and -recovery.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Electric armor,

• decent typed resist spread
  • With S/L defense IO build, mitigate a lot of damage
  • Endurance drain power
  • Endurance Reduction power
  • Regen to health, COT bosses are a bane
  • Lack of KB protection isn't an issue not withstanding Grounded, IO resist set are built in with 3 slots or you can chose to slot +KB IO.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

• 4 weeks later

So, just hear me out here... /Regen. I've run through the Blue Side with my SM/Regen 1-50 and it was a decent ride. Some hiccups, sure. Now at 50 and Incarnated; he's a bit of a Juggernaut. I was able to trick him out to about 700% base regen, 25-30% to s/l/e/n and about 45% resistance to s/l damage. That with Instant Regen (clicky) and the perma KD from Fault make him a hard out.  

I have both stone/bio and ma/elec brutes and I gotta say, I think stone/elec as well, for all the reasons already mentioned but one more I either missed or wasn't stated:

/Elec's end drain coupled with the two AoEs from Mu Mastery provide another pretty decent layer of mitigation. I can't quantify it at all but I'm seeing it more and more on my ma/elec.

On 6/16/2021 at 11:47 PM, Mongoeatork said:

Hi everyone i'm looking to start a Stone melee brute but I'm having a hard time deciding what my secondary should be, any recommendations would be most welcome

Here you go.  So many folks are so lost in the past and left the game before some more extensive stuff came out.  Reason why you see so much Spines or Fire Armor or Invuln.

Towards end of CoH, it was a different animal, with builds and powers do them dropping out a bunch there.

Brute - Stone Melee - Radiation Armor.mxd

On 7/15/2021 at 8:51 PM, Nightmarer said:

Stone/Fire, nuff said

This is actually a pretty nice build because of how bonkers Fault is as a mitigation tool. It really lets /Fire survive way more easily when you can just knock everything over before you use Burn and kill absolutely everything. Especially Bosses. Remarkably few bosses can do anything about you constantly smacking them over as soon as they get up. Fault has a twenty second recharge. With a couple of slots it can be part of your rotation. Oh no, I lose some DPS.....I only have enough DPS left to kill the enemies in seconds instead of....in seconds....oh. Right. Because /Fire.

The idiot formerly known as Lord Khorak

• 3 weeks later
On 7/15/2021 at 6:20 AM, Bill Z Bubba said:

I have both stone/bio and ma/elec brutes and I gotta say, I think stone/elec as well, for all the reasons already mentioned but one more I either missed or wasn't stated:

/Elec's end drain coupled with the two AoEs from Mu Mastery provide another pretty decent layer of mitigation. I can't quantify it at all but I'm seeing it more and more on my ma/elec.

On my Energy/Elec/Mu Brute I've found that the Mu attacks and Power Surge pretty much kill enemy endurance. Doesn't work so well on AVs, but Bosses and below you can keep completely out of endurance. I imagine you could do the same with EAs endurance drain ability too.