Noob question about "Easy" Unlocking Mu Mastery

Saverok

I'm leveling a brute solo following a build I found on the forum. When I hit lvl 38, I see the next power choice is from MU Mastery. I am on the blue side. So I did some research to know how to unlock MU Mastery, and it seems I have to do a quest on the Red Side. 

I started a Stalker Red Side, only to unlock the Mastery. (I'm not a fast leveler) and I wonder, is there an easier way to unlock it? Could I join a high level group and be "carried" through the quest? Or do I have to be level 50 to get the quest at all?

Dont hesitate to offer other pearl of wisdom if you know a better way to unlock it.

You only need to get the mission completion reward for the last mission in any of the Arachnos Patrons' first Story Arcs.

That single mission in each arc will reward that Patron's specific Badge, and also unlock the Patron Pools for all Patrons.  You don't even need to be level 35++ to join such a team and unlock the Badge, but the Powers still won't unlock until Level 35.  Villains and Rogues can start the Arcs at level 35, or join a team at any level, and Vigilantes may also join at any level.  Only full-blue Heroes are excluded from the teams, since they take place in Redside zones.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

You have to unlock PPP through the various Patron Arcs. Black Scorpions is the quickest route and by doing his arc you unlock all 4 PPP. Once you hit the appropriate level, head to Pocket D, talk to Null the Gull, change you alignment to villain, drop your diff to +0/x1, talk to the guy standing outside of the main Arachnos tower, do all the missions up until you're granted some badges, done.

• Like 2

At level 35 you can swap to a red alignment and begin patron unlocks by talking to Arbiter Rein (who will be in your contact list when you're eligible [red and 35+]).

The easiest thing to do is pay close attention to LFG or whatever other teaming channels you may belong to and look for people that say they are doing the patron unlock mission.  They may "patron finale" they may say the name of the patron.  You won't have to switch to a red alignment if you happen upon this but you can't be pure hero.

Edited by Hedgefund
  • Like 1

• 1 year later
On 7/9/2021 at 4:53 PM, Bill Z Bubba said:

You have to unlock PPP through the various Patron Arcs. Black Scorpions is the quickest route and by doing his arc you unlock all 4 PPP. Once you hit the appropriate level, head to Pocket D, talk to Null the Gull, change you alignment to villain, drop your diff to +0/x1, talk to the guy standing outside of the main Arachnos tower, do all the missions up until you're granted some badges, done.

Two years later and this help me and my family so much.  Thank you all in Homecoming for the awesome community

1 hour ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

Supplemental question: Can you do this via Ouro and do you have to switch sides to do so?

You have to be able to access the Rogue Isles, so you need to be either Villain or Rogue to start the arc, or a vigilante to join in to a team doing them.

• Thanks 1

Just to be clear, you have to do this patron storyline for every character you want access to the patron power pools. If you complete the missions with your stalker, your brute still won't have access to the pools until the brute completes the missions.

Unlocks per character, not per account.

• Like 1

Unless it's changed recently you used to have to be level 40 to get the arc, so if you want to take one of the PPPs at level 35 or 38 you need to team with someone who can get it. There is one mission that's a defeat all, for speed purposes you can just auto-complete that one and move on. IIRC you also don't have to finish the arc, you just need the badge.

15 minutes ago, Captain Fabulous said:

Unless it's changed recently you used to have to be level 40 to get the arc, so if you want to take one of the PPPs at level 35 or 38 you need to team with someone who can get it. There is one mission that's a defeat all, for speed purposes you can just auto-complete that one and move on. IIRC you also don't have to finish the arc, you just need the badge.

I'm pretty sure it was lowered to 35 as I remember running it around there on a red side tanker not too long ago, but my memory is a bit hazy.

Follow up question:  I have a character that I want to dedicate towards helping others get this .  He is 50 and has completed most of Makos entire arc( not just the unlock mission but way beyond that, but not completed.)

can this alt pick up other patron arcs without doing it through Ouro (which would required people being on my team from the beginning)?

Who run Bartertown?

No, you can only acquire one patron outside of ouro. Also there's no way I'm aware of to keep the mission after the boss is killed so you can't really have a dedicated toon for it like you can with e.g. anti-matter or siege. The way I'd usually get them for helping is to jump on with a lowbie when someone else announces they're doing quatrexin (or his equivalent in other arcs) then zip through or auto-complete up to that mission when that toon is high enough level and save it. It then gets marked as having it available on the almighty spreadsheet for when someone asks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Vee said:

No, you can only acquire one patron outside of ouro. Also there's no way I'm aware of to keep the mission after the boss is killed so you can't really have a dedicated toon for it like you can with e.g. anti-matter or siege. The way I'd usually get them for helping is to jump on with a lowbie when someone else announces they're doing quatrexin (or his equivalent in other arcs) then zip through or auto-complete up to that mission when that toon is high enough level and save it. It then gets marked as having it available on the almighty spreadsheet for when someone asks.

Boo!

• Haha 1

Who run Bartertown?

Having checked into it, I've found that just about every Patron arc is pretty easy and none of them run any faster or slower, unless you're like going to literally count a few extra clicks.  I oncew wrote something up to publish in the Guides section here but then never did.  Maybe if you want to avoid Longbow, you can skip one in favor of another or something like that, but really, all easy enough.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝