Hm, boy.

Ultimo

So, started a mission on my newish Blaster.  He's Beam Rifle/Atomic Manipulation.

So I sniper shot one of the three minions just inside the door (Skulls).  I went through ALL my attacks, all hit, but failed to defeat the ONE minion I was shooting.  Very strange.  One of them then shot me with a shotgun, which knocked me down.  As I stood up, he shot me again, which knocked me down.  As I stood up, he shot me again, which knocked me down.  While all this was going on, the Gunner was shooting at me and the Brawler was hitting me while I was being juggled.

I had the -tohit toggle turned on, so it baffled me that they all NEVER MISSED.

I'd forgotten how squishy Blasters are, but this nonstop juggling was something to behold.  I've not had to deal with nonstop CC like that since The Old Republic Online.

1 hour ago, Wompy said:

The -tohit toggle is only -5.25 so even slotted isn't going to make a great difference.  Especially as the higher an enemy is to you the more they resist the debuff.

Ya, I figured the debuff was pretty minimal.

Still, came as a rude shock to be completely unable to handle 3 minions.

You posted in general asking for how blasters deal with mobs but I'm going to respond here.

You are level 20, what level are the mobs you are fighting?

What are your power picks and how are they slotted?

Do you stand still and trade blows? kite? use line of sight to buy you time? How often do you move during a fight?

• Thumbs Up 1

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

There are times when you get caught in a knockback chain and death is the only thing that gets you out of it. This will happen if you don't have knockback protection.  In my blasters I usually pick combat jumping with my first power pool selection and slot a -kb IO, either a Karma or Blessing of the Zephyr. 

If you are constantly flopping on your back, movement is not an option.  It happens on rare occasions,  but it happens.  

19 hours ago, Ultimo said:

One of them then shot me with a shotgun, which knocked me down.  As I stood up, he shot me again, which knocked me down.  As I stood up, he shot me again, which knocked me down

Could this happens due to pure bad luck? Aside from this incident, has it ever happened to you before (knocked three times a row)? I play blaster, but it haven't occured to me. At least as far as I could remember. 

The Atomic Manipulation set has a toggle that provides protection against knocks and the like.  I expect that will help.

There wasn't anywhere to go, except back out of the mission.  They were the first enemies, right inside the door.  Of course, I didn't have any opportunity to interact with the door because of the repeated knockdowns.  Just bad luck, it happens.

If solo and not in Ouro/TF mode you can use /leaveteam to exit a mish.

As far as dealing with the kb - the aforementioned IOs, defensive amplifier from p2w which is still cheap at level 20, and if you have access to an SG base with a buff station there's a 10 point kb protection one you can get 1.5 hours at a time for cheap salvage.

6 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Wait until you play a Kheld against your first quantum.

I wonder if i'm the only one who actually misses Void Seekers among most groups that don't have Quantums.  Sure they could be a little unfair but they were a neat extra challenge to face that mixed things up a bit.

• Thumbs Up 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

one 4 pt -KB in anything solves 98% of KB issues in game.

You keep missing, they never miss.  or you hit but could not kill.  On a Blaster.  To me this SCREAMS they were way above your level.  It could be comically bad luck, but pretty sure you were in over the head of your Blaster.

11 hours ago, Snarky said:

one 4 pt -KB in anything solves 98% of KB issues in game.

You keep missing, they never miss.  or you hit but could not kill.  On a Blaster.  To me this SCREAMS they were way above your level.  It could be comically bad luck, but pretty sure you were in over the head of your Blaster.

Not that far.  They conned yellow, so they would have been +1.