"Power animation and rooting update" 11/10 finally!

ZeeHero

Now I have not been on to try this yet but I may be soon, and I applaud the HC devs for finally trying to mitigate one of the negative aspects of COH, one of the scars on the overall great unique game it's always been. look forward to testing it out.

Welcome home!

And yes, the HC Devs seem dedicated to reducing the game's pain points.

I certainly hope they don't get sued by the KY Jelly people!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

I just hope they have the sense to ignore the people who want to ruin the fun for everyone not themselves, you know, like the ones who are demanding to nerf support to "make sure it's just support" when they clearly don't care about playing it nor understand that support needs to be able to solo stuff and do damage too. Damage is everyones job to some degree, as long as enemies have HP this will be the obvious truth.

Nerfing procs is fine, it's ok if only one damage proc per power, but if you do that they need to greatly increase the damage bonus caps on controller and a good amount on defenders. Also Dominators should be doing more damage, that's their whole thing, having damage and CC.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

....what does the title of this thread mean?....errr in English.....

I assume the OP has been away for a while and just noticed the patch notes about the various updates to the way powers root you during their animations (or don't root you) and likes what they see?  Not sure what 11/10 is... score of 11 out of 10?  Would post again?

Edited by ZemX
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/19/2021 at 5:40 AM, ZeeHero said:

I just hope they have the sense to ignore the people who want to ruin the fun for everyone

Sorry but there is no evidence that anyone wants to ruin fun. There’s evidence that people want to pursue reasonable nerfs to arrive at balance, but obviously no honest person would conflate the two.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

On 7/18/2021 at 12:11 PM, DoctorDitko said:

Welcome home!

And yes, the HC Devs seem dedicated to reducing the game's pain points.

I certainly hope they don't get sued by the KY Jelly people!

......un-nerf Regen?     :::awaits the J Jonah Jameson laugh::::

17 hours ago, arcane said:

Sorry but there is no evidence that anyone wants to ruin fun. There’s evidence that people want to pursue reasonable nerfs to arrive at balance, but obviously no honest person would conflate the two.

Reasonable nerfs do not involve nerfing support. Nerfing Procs from IOs so its one damage proc per power is reasonable but only if you boost the damage caps on controllers by like another 100% or more.

It's completely transparent and obvious that people who want support to be any weaker just want to ruin the playstyle of others.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 7/19/2021 at 5:40 AM, ZeeHero said:

Also Dominators should be doing more damage, that's their whole thing, having damage and CC.

So... to put it another way: Damage is NOT their whole thing?

7 hours ago, ZeeHero said:

Reasonable nerfs do not involve nerfing support. Nerfing Procs from IOs so its one damage proc per power is reasonable but only if you boost the damage caps on controllers by like another 100% or more.

It's completely transparent and obvious that people who want support to be any weaker just want to ruin the playstyle of others.

Puff, puff, pass, not puff, puff, post.

• Like 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

16 hours ago, ZeeHero said:

What I meant is, their intended role is to be good at both. probably not as good as a blaster at damage, but good at CC and damage. right now at least some sets are having trouble with that.

Assault is their secondary powerset.  Same is true of Defenders.  You can't really talk about AT balance in isolation.  You said they should do more damage, essentially, because damage is one of the things they do.  Not really an argument.  Outside of Controllers, EVERY AT has at least one of their powersets devoted primarily to doing damage.

And comparing damage and support is a bit of apples and oranges.  How much damage nerf is it worth if an AT has strong controls?  Not easy to answer, but somewhere between an AT whose primary purpose is damage and an at whose primary purpose is support probably.

On 7/20/2021 at 5:03 PM, JnEricsonx said:

......un-nerf Regen?     :::awaits the J Jonah Jameson laugh::::

Oh puh-LEEZE!

Hurricane received 4 major nerfs before Lunge (I know, Spines not Regen, but still) had its range reduced to something reasonable for a melee.

And that's just one example of how much the original devs hate anything that's NOT a melee related power (including armors).

On 7/21/2021 at 10:51 AM, ZeeHero said:

I have a Grav/Time Controller that would disagree with you.

She has no damage procs in her powers and, granted doesn't defeat x8 mobs as fast as a Blaster, she goes through the fights in near perfect safety.

But then, that's what 4 holds (2 of them AoE) and a Singularity can do for you.

I also had an Illusion/FF Controller that would disagree with you as well.

He was able to tank multiple bosses on teams of 8 back on live before IOs were even a thing.

My Illusion/Storm Controller is a force to be reckoned with. (With no damage procs and half the powers using SOs)

In short, Controllers are fine the way they are.

Just don't expect them to play like Blasters.

Same goes for, pretty much, all of the support classes.