Nightclubs and social zones

While I was finishing up with a team last night I got to thinking about this. That has what's been missing from COH from the start. No real social zones. This huge city doesn't have one nightclub where players could hang out and unwind after team play or even solo. That would be nice to add clubs with music and dancing instead of everyone hanging out in atlas park. It sure would cut down the lag too.

There's a game called Otherland that does the city social zone thing amazingly well They have different types of clubs with different types of music. They even have a 70's themed club. Even Anarchy Online had nightclubs where players would hang out. I hope you guys give it some thought.

• Haha 1

Not sure if this is exactly what you had in mind, but a nightclub does exist - check it out:  https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Pocket_D

• Thanks 2

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Would like to see more of this though. And I never heard or even know where those places are.

Pocket D is the most frequently populated, it's an interdimensional nightclub where heroes and villains and Praetorians can all meet up and chat. It's exactly what you're looking for. You can find it:

Paragon City: Entrances in King's Row, Talos Island, Founder's Falls, and Faultline

Rogue Isles: Entrances in Port Oakes, Sharkhead Isle, St. Martial

There's also the center of Kallisti Wharf (accessible via Paragon's tram system or the Smuggler's Submarine), where events are often held near the statue of Statesman.

Paragon Dance Party has been around since 2004 but was replaced by Pocket D after City of Villains was released. You can still find entrances in Paragon... somewhere. It's mostly empty.

• Thanks 1

Would like to see more of this though. And I never heard or even know where those places are.

Paragon Dance Party has been around since 2004 but was replaced by Pocket D after City of Villains was released. You can still find entrances in Paragon... somewhere. It's mostly empty.

I don't think I had ever visited it pre-shut-down (villain here), but I stumbled across it it just the other day trying to find where Pocket D was blueside.  It was completely empty.  Maybe people should cordon themselves off in there to run DFBs instead of the sewers or something.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I don't think I had ever visited it pre-shut-down (villain here), but I stumbled across it it just the other day trying to find where Pocket D was blueside.  It was completely empty.  Maybe people should cordon themselves off in there to run DFBs instead of the sewers or something.

What shard are you on? On Everlasting it seems to have a decent number of people coming and going during the busier hours. I've seen it almost empty, but that's on my weird schedule as an Euro player  ;)

Personally, I don't go to Pocket D that much unless I'm meeting up with my team. There's just no point in it for me since I'm not big on the setting, even for RP purposes, and I hate navigating the inside of the club. It does fit the bill for people who just want to hang around and chat. I've seen people hang around and chat in other areas too, mainly busy ones with few or no enemies.

There's an entrance to the Paragon Dance Party (I think that's the one) in Steel Canyon, south. You get the 'Dance Queen' (and presumably King if you're on a male character) badge just for walking up to the door.

We used to dance under Galaxy Girl's skirt till they zapped galaxy City. Pocket D never really had the same appeal...

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later

What shard are you on? On Everlasting it seems to have a decent number of people coming and going during the busier hours. I've seen it almost empty, but that's on my weird schedule as an Euro player  ;)

Indom.  Given my often weird play hours though, it might have been at like 3 am or something though.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

While I was finishing up with a team last night I got to thinking about this. That has what's been missing from COH from the start. No real social zones. This huge city doesn't have one nightclub where players could hang out and unwind after team play or even solo. That would be nice to add clubs with music and dancing instead of everyone hanging out in atlas park. It sure would cut down the lag too.

There's a game called Otherland that does the city social zone thing amazingly well They have different types of clubs with different types of music. They even have a 70's themed club. Even Anarchy Online had nightclubs where players would hang out. I hope you guys give it some thought.

I'm guessing you missed the horde of horny catgirls in Pocket D.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

"Titan/Bio scrappers are the stealthiest toons in the game."

"How's that possible? They don't have any inherent stealth and you'd never take concealment pool powers on them!"

"You see; they're perfect at stealth because nobody will notice if there's nobody to notice."

• 1 year later
On 6/1/2019 at 4:59 PM, Solvernia said:

Pocket D is the most frequently populated, it's an interdimensional nightclub where heroes and villains and Praetorians can all meet up and chat. It's exactly what you're looking for. You can find it:

Paragon City: Entrances in King's Row, Talos Island, Founder's Falls, and Faultline

Rogue Isles: Entrances in Port Oakes, Sharkhead Isle, St. Martial

There's also the gold side entrance from Club 51(?) And it's the only not-goldside zone (maybe Oro?) you can go without becoming hero or villain.

Edited by arthurh35353
cl
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Batman said:

The game could do with other Rp/Social venues such as bars, cafes and the like around the game.  Imagine hving somewhere like Central Perk from Friends in Paragon City!

There's a really nice outdoor cafe in one of the Praetoria zones.  I've been on a few ITrials that started from there as a more cheerful alternative to Dark Astoria.

• Thanks 2

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

On 6/1/2019 at 5:27 PM, wmtyrance said:

That has what's been missing from COH from the start. No real social zones.

In addition to what others have said ::

You might want to check out 

There are many bases that are built as clubs, etc.

If you are on Torchbearer, I found a base that you might want to check out PARAGONCITYFOODCOURT-10169

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.