June 2019 Donations & Finances

Cipher

Lack of donations won't cause a Homecoming shutdown. As you just pointed, I have (almost) seven years of experience on this, and whenever the donation funds "begin to dry up" all you need to do is tell the player base, and they'll come around. And Homecoming has a major advantage in that it has no contract commitment, so if donation funds do start to drop below a critical threshold, they can downscale the hardware on short notice.

Funding is not a concern.

Excellent, thank you for the clarification.

And if I was using FUD, then I beg that I err on behalf of ignorance, and not a deliberate attempt to mislead.

Interesting tidbit on one of "the other" server providers:

"drbrainToday at 12:27 PM

@everyone @here Tldr; talk to IRS lady. Very friendly. We are all good on everything but she wants me to file a corporate meeting form/board meeting form with a focus on charity work for kids play the video game(Cox) as the goal to keep it relevant. I also have to file our earnings with the IRS by May 15th 2020 but she prefers it by the same time people receive W2's so like January.

We will be hosting a charity event for Kids with Lukemia (St. Jude most likely) through Twitch.tv in game. We will be running costume contests, raid rushes and more. I haven't fleshed everything fully out yet as I just had the phone call today. Also someone tipped them off for them to contact me via phone. Our earnings was not a concern as long as it's taken into account in the filings. They also didn't mind about us hosting the game.

I do have to refile a 501c with an update to our freakin' goals because they demand us to run a charity once a year at minimum. That'll be around 500-600 dollars out of my pocket here soon ☹️.

I am kind of excited to use our server to help kids in need so this is nice. Hopefully you all enjoy it too.

Also @everyone @here  a warning to other server owners. The IRS  do know about all of us hosting this game and know about NCsoft stuff so be smart and get yourself protected at some point soon. It is coming."

To hear him tell it, the IRS knows about all of this, and will be contacting the admin teams for them.  Not sure how much validity there is to it, but I thought it worth mentioning.

What was no more, is REBORN!

Interesting tidbit on one of "the other" server providers:

"drbrainToday at 12:27 PM

@everyone @here Tldr; talk to IRS lady. Very friendly. We are all good on everything but she wants me to file a corporate meeting form/board meeting form with a focus on charity work for kids play the video game(Cox) as the goal to keep it relevant. I also have to file our earnings with the IRS by May 15th 2020 but she prefers it by the same time people receive W2's so like January.

We will be hosting a charity event for Kids with Lukemia (St. Jude most likely) through Twitch.tv in game. We will be running costume contests, raid rushes and more. I haven't fleshed everything fully out yet as I just had the phone call today. Also someone tipped them off for them to contact me via phone. Our earnings was not a concern as long as it's taken into account in the filings. They also didn't mind about us hosting the game.

I do have to refile a 501c with an update to our freakin' goals because they demand us to run a charity once a year at minimum. That'll be around 500-600 dollars out of my pocket here soon ☹️.

I am kind of excited to use our server to help kids in need so this is nice. Hopefully you all enjoy it too.

Also @everyone @here  a warning to other server owners. The IRS  do know about all of us hosting this game and know about NCsoft stuff so be smart and get yourself protected at some point soon. It is coming."

To hear him tell it, the IRS knows about all of this, and will be contacting the admin teams for them.  Not sure how much validity there is to it, but I thought it worth mentioning.

It is an interesting quandary...I just figured they'd file as a 501©(7) - Social Club or Recreational Club, however the IRS has 2 criteria we don't meet - members meet face 2 face, and it's not open to the public.  Filing as a 501©(3) requires being a charitable organization.  I'm sure, on the face of it, we don't meet those requirements either.  However, like the "other" server, HC might decide to go a similar route. 

Honestly, I would hope not though, because that's how Al Capone went down - messing with the IRS.  But a 21% corporate tax rate is a tough pill to swallow, but I would assume they could include that in their monthly target for giving.  I'm sure they are getting legal advice on this (I hope)...

Of all the things that HC has been silent on, their status as a non-profit is the one that most bothers me (On a scale of 1 to 10, it's a 3, tops).  I'd really love for them to tell us what's going on with that...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

please let me know how to donate...i'm being stupid I didn't see it on this post

1st Saturday of the month they’ll open donations thru PayPal until they’ve collected enough to cover what they need for operating expenses.  Last month that took 3 hours

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Mildly annoyed that, here on only the 2nd of the month, I missed the donation window...again.  Well, it's a good annoyance anyhow.  I will be here on the first of August to make certain my donation gets in.  Take my money!!  I love what you're doing.

Mildly annoyed that, here on only the 2nd of the month, I missed the donation window...again.  Well, it's a good annoyance anyhow.  I will be here on the first of August to make certain my donation gets in.  Take my money!!  I love what you're doing.

*Hands Klaymor a calendar* 

*Klaymor checks calendar*

"Oh hey...Saturday isn't for a few more days still"

Like many I would love to see the game back in development in a way that works with all the established communities. If it is ever possible to come out of the grey legally and ethically I could see subs being a thing.

At which point are you hiring? Can I put in an app now? I have a very good job now this would be a dream job though.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

Missed again next month will camp here

Fellow Forum Posters - you have LONG since missed the June Window...(this thread is about donations for June).

However, July Donations haven't started yet -  Please go here for information on that

Firstly, I'd like to preface this by stating again how appreciative we are for everyone's support - without you, the community, we simply could not continue what we're doing.

Donation Window Poll

We've been paying attention to the previous donation threads and other communication channels, and one thing we've seen is that people have been wanting to contribute but have felt like they were left out due to us opening donations at seemingly random times at the start of the month. So starting now and going forward, we will be opening a poll for the community to determine what time the donation window will open. This way everyone is aware of exactly when we'll be opening up for donations each month.

Our current plan is to open donations at the voted time on the first Saturday of each month. For July, this will be Saturday the 6th. As usual, our donation window will automatically close as soon as the monthly upkeep has been met.

If you would like to see what time 21:00 UTC is for you, you may use this site.

• 1 month later
On 6/27/2019 at 3:35 PM, Abraxus said:

The IRS is a Nemesis plot.

1 hour ago, Tony Amore said:

The IRS is a Nemesis plot.

Well, to be fair, the quote you used with my name, was actually a quote from someone else...I just did it badly in the editing.

But, I agree with the Nemesis plot part. 😎

What was no more, is REBORN!