June 2019 Donations & Finances

Cipher

I cannot express how much it means to me to be able to come home after work and run around in Paragon city once again. I am willing to donate, but I seem to miss the donation window every month. It will keep adding up though, still trying to recruit more people to come play! Keep up the good work you guys.

Luurch

Grrrr... Missed it again. Stupid family getting in the way of me giving money to strangers, Grrrr...

I missed it again, too. Always being beaten to the punch.

Thank you Homecoming team for everything that you do for us.

Formerly @JianHama, @Darkshot Avenger, @Red Ice

The donations open in the middle of the night here (Europe).  Is there a way to know when it's going to open so I can arrange to be around to donate?

I too would like to donate. I was waiting to do so :P

Any chance the next round could be a little more europe timezone friendly?  Just feel like im freeloading here and  want to give something.

As a suggestion, increase your emergency fund to cover an extra month's worth of the known recurring costs.  Because if for whatever reason you don't meet that goal, it'll take time to make an appeals post and get extra donations, and it's preferable to not have an outage in the meantime.

As a suggestion, increase your emergency fund to cover an extra month's worth of the known recurring costs.  Because if for whatever reason you don't meet that goal, it'll take time to make an appeals post and get extra donations, and it's preferable to not have an outage in the meantime.

Probably not a bad idea in general, but as fast as these donation events raise the entire month's projected cost; even if they had to do another to cover something unexpected, it would probably be covered in 30 minutes, or less.  8)

I love that the community is so willing to support the game we all missed for so long, and want to stay around as long as folks want to play it.

What was no more, is REBORN!

Any chance the next round could be a little more europe timezone friendly?  Just feel like im freeloading here and  want to give something.

This. Very much this!

I went to bed, woke up the next morning and donations had been opened, filled and closed before I had chance to donate, again.

I want to pay my share, dammit.

Someone post the Fry meme, please? :D

Foo - am I going to have to camp the site to donate? TAKE my money, please!

Looking forward to being able to set up a monthly recurring charge.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

That said, it depresses me to be reminded that antimalware software actually gives as much weight to code signing certificates as it does, given the prevalence of fraudulently acquired certificates. I guess it makes some degree of sense for non-enterprise AV deployments, though, since there's still enough of a cost to getting hold of them that they're unlikely to be used for generic "thank you for spending $600 on an iPhone game, please open the attached notavirus.pdf.exe to view your invoice" mass emails.

It's a chain of trust; the antimalware software is trusting that an executable digitally signed with a code-signing certificate is a legitimate piece of software because it trusts the certificate authority to be responsible about issuing signing certificates. You will see the trust chain pop up with regard to web pages -- you'll see a message like "this website has a valid encryption certificate, but we cannot verify the validity of the issuing authority" and be prompted to tell the browser whether to trust it or not. If a certificate authority becomes known for handing out signing certificates that get used for malware, then the authority will be deprecated, and certificates issued by that authority will stop being accepted.

Wow I literally found out and got onto this server cluster just today, less 48 hours after the dono was opened i went to go donate and they already hit it. Amazing

I know, right.  I'm a little late and slow to the party.  It's amazing to see how much support Homecoming has right now.

Why shut down donations at all? Build up a nest egg in case of unexpected costs or to have a reserve. Sounds like many, myself included, want to donate but cannot. Take my money goddarnit. :)

Because the more money you pull in beyond operating expenses the more likely NCSoft is to care.

Most likely, if no one is making any money, and its just a niche group of people playing, they won't do anything, it wouldn't be worth the time and money spent in lawyers.

However, if it looks like you are making money...well, here come the lawyers.

Excelsior - Grey Scale 50+ Emp/Dark Def - Thermal Meltdown 50+ Rad/Fire Brute - Old Growth 50+ Plant Troll - Enrico Fermi 50+ Rad Blaster