After much deliberation i want some advice/opinions on how well we think Grav will fair against AV/GM. (Heavily inspired by @Frosticus and his Crazy Controller posts.

Below is a build i have constructed for a Grav/Dark/Primal.

Primal is taken mainly for power boost +fade. 

I havent been able to fit in dark servant and im not sure how much of a loss that will really be but im thinking significantly. If so im not entirely sure what power to drop to take him.

Soft capped on S/L res and def is over 55% for all with the power boosted fade.

I have taken inspiration from @Sir Myshkin Proc Monster posts for the build

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1359;673;1346;HEX;|
|78DA65934B4F13511886CFA1539116A450A0DC0AB488DCDA42F90346B9854B0D89C|
|62D99E0142796964CAB91A50BB7DEA24165E58620266EF53F18FD0D22DE1521A889|
|2E48FD3AEF8B9030E9F4E979BFF35DCF69EAFA48E5F3F11BA7950E0C67CC7C7E763|
|8972D38B94CC672BC2973DE9E53A5A75CDEE881657F5362DC31AFD985A5FD75E4D0|
|96B357D3E9C488E95CC95A12F54C3A6D6765A7F2CFE4C46F2C63CF5F2ED4BABF2F5|
|8196B31E714CC829DCB56C15CB2DAD9799FBB3ABF6859979A4717EDB9C48C632F98|
|99D9B19C3367E5675366BE60394B8D525CBBBCB7B47C955E55F4AA6499524943C50|
|7C181381903930932E671F93674C8F733B4935FC8AF60F737F23BD8B705DE163F4D|
|5FFD44B95A19E3962D6897C604F219A38CB92A7AD8501B92D7E38EB8A83CFDF0BD2|
|3262F34AF77CD70B563EB24E30696245ED050B53711B77613F6BBE25BCE5ACA5BA0|
|1D0F939FE0EB7B893CBE15D416602DEFA4960AD65211C19E7B62F2239EE15F857FE|
|51AF9143CB14E3E0337254E15E354B1A70AB941D5D4AAEB91D72F5A0D62AB9A3D68|
|EFC537C8FA830168757524FD1AF6945B6FC31FE44BFE063F886F3D6BADE7DEC671D|
|81A27C0D64961B7A122533C1FA921C4BA424579D47D716CE2F49BA631DDE614790E|
|6CE5B4DBA6B06E9B043F4AA816ED75A3B5B0738F6408B3CBF010B23ED0B8B1A51CE|
|DC3F0EDD880AD639BEB1D30B24BFEE40D927851C4F344D9652727D4C9897506C157|
|12B28B79BA5694DBF9A965F221F908EC7E0CC6D9DB6EA5523D3C899E21E4EE7D819|
|E7A79837A790BFB780BFBE8FB5AF2F6F324FA43B85DB15FE82FC6D38AF1F4E27FC1|
|A8F495808F4E707603E41BD932C8190E526B35149FA27C4A27173E508AD347AC330|
|6FFE0A26857D9F2FDFFDF52D93E50B4BEA879B6DA9DCB8F23BB770E2BCB98C03FBD|
|B6DDAC|

thanks!

• Like 1

I could be wrong on this having made it to live because I know it was tested but I’m foggy on when it (may have) went live: Fade is no longer impacted by Power Boost. This isn’t necessarily a deal breaker in building however since Darkest Night is a ver comprehensive cover for making up defense values with its -ToHit value.

On the topic of Grav taking down an AV though, totally possible, especially with Dark backing it up with Tar Patch’s -Res and Howling Twilight’s -Regen. Only thing I’d advise against is probably Propel, and not because of damage but because the fights will still take several minutes and you’ll end up with such a ridiculous amount of screen trash to deal with.

Ah ok! May drop primal for Psi then at least will have access to Indom then.

Haha isnt that half the fun of propel? Its a doorway to Ikea!

Do you have any build suggestions?

Edit - So after some consideration i have thought about primal and swapped a few things around to take power blast. How essential it will be in a rotation im not sure but Gravity Distortion > Lift > Power Blast > Propel > REPEAT

Oh and i managed to fit in Dark Servant. 

I'm hoping that with the 33% def i have plus the -15% to hit from Darkest Night, then the additional -to hit from Servant it will be enough.

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Controller
Primary Power Set: Gravity Control
Secondary Power Set: Darkness Affinity
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Primal Forces Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Lift

• (A) Apocalypse - Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • (37) Apocalypse - Damage/Endurance
  • (37) Apocalypse - Damage
  • (40) Apocalypse - Damage/Recharge
  • (40) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (40) Gladiator's Javelin - Chance of Damage(Toxic)

Level 1: Twilight Grasp

• (A) Preventive Medicine - Heal
  • (31) Preventive Medicine - Heal/Endurance
  • (31) Preventive Medicine - Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (31) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime
  • (34) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime/Endurance
  • (37) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb

Level 2: Gravity Distortion

• (A) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (3) Gladiator's Javelin - Chance of Damage(Toxic)
  • (3) Ghost Widow's Embrace - Chance of Damage(Psionic)
  • (5) Unbreakable Constraint - Chance for Smashing Damage
  • (5) Gladiator's Net - Chance of Damage(Lethal)
  • (29) Impeded Swiftness - Chance of Damage(Smashing)

Level 4: Tar Patch

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 6: Propel

• (A) Superior Winter's Bite - Accuracy/Damage
  • (7) Superior Winter's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (7) Gladiator's Javelin - Chance of Damage(Toxic)
  • (17) Explosive Strike - Chance for Smashing Damage
  • (19) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge
  • (19) Sudden Acceleration - Knockback to Knockdown

Level 8: Crushing Field

• (A) Superior Overpowering Presence - Accuracy/Control Duration/Endurance
  • (9) Superior Overpowering Presence - RechargeTime/Energy Font
  • (9) Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff
  • (11) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy)
  • (11) Trap of the Hunter - Chance of Damage(Lethal)
  • (17) Impeded Swiftness - Chance of Damage(Smashing)

Level 10: Darkest Night

• (A) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 12: Dimension Shift

• (A) Superior Will of the Controller - Accuracy/Control Duration
  • (13) Superior Will of the Controller - Endurance/Recharge
  • (13) Superior Will of the Controller - Accuracy/Control Duration/Endurance/Recharge
  • (15) Superior Will of the Controller - Accuracy/Control Duration/Endurance
  • (15) Superior Will of the Controller - Recharge/Chance for Psionic Damage

Level 14: Howling Twilight

Level 16: Hover

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 18: Fly

• (A) Freebird - +Stealth

Level 20: Shadow Fall

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
  • (21) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
  • (21) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed
  • (27) Kismet - Accuracy +6%
  • (27) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance
  • (29) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance/RechargeTime

Level 22: Fade

• (23) Shield Wall - Defense/Recharge
  • (23) Shield Wall - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • (25) Shield Wall - Defense
  • (25) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)

Level 24: Kick

• (A) Empty

Level 26: Wormhole

• (A) Sudden Acceleration - Knockback to Knockdown
  • (43) Absolute Amazement - Accuracy/Stun/Recharge
  • (46) Absolute Amazement - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (50) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 28: Soul Absorption

Level 30: Tough

• (A) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)

Level 32: Singularity

• (A) Soulbound Allegiance - Chance for Build Up
  • (33) Overwhelming Force - Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown
  • (33) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (33) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage
  • (34) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (34) Expedient Reinforcement - Endurance/Damage/Recharge

Level 35: Weave

• (36) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
  • (36) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
  • (36) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge

Level 38: Dark Servant

• (A) Cloud Senses - Chance for Negative Energy Damage
  • (39) Cloud Senses - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge
  • (39) Cloud Senses - Accuracy/ToHitDebuff
  • (39) Cloud Senses - Accuracy/Recharge

Level 41: Power Blast

• (A) Decimation - Accuracy/Damage
  • (42) Decimation - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (42) Decimation - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge
  • (42) Decimation - Damage/Recharge
  • (43) Decimation - Chance of Build Up
  • (43) Sudden Acceleration - Knockback to Knockdown

Level 44: Energy Torrent

• (A) Ragnarok - Damage
  • (45) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy)
  • (45) Positron's Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (45) Explosive Strike - Chance for Smashing Damage
  • (46) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge
  • (46) Sudden Acceleration - Knockback to Knockdown

Level 47: Temp Invulnerability

• (A) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%
  • (48) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (48) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance
  • (48) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance
  • (50) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP

Level 49: Hasten

• (50) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 1: Containment 

Level 1: Brawl

Edited by WitchofDread

12 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

I could be wrong on this having made it to live because I know it was tested but I’m foggy on when it (may have) went live: Fade is no longer impacted by Power Boost.

March 31, 2020

• The following powers now ignore outside buffs (they all provide enhanceable resistance and should've always ignored buffs)
    • Controller > Darkness Affinity > Fade
    • Controller > Poison > Elixir of Life
    • Defender > Poison > Elixir of Life
    • Corruptor > Poison > Elixir of Life
    • Mastermind > Poison > Elixir of Life
    • Sentinel > Bio Armor > Genomic Evolution

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

I’m not crazy about my Ill/Dark/Primal as far as AV soloing goes. Level 54 Infernal literally took me half an hour. I’m assuming this is because Twilight Grasp’s -regen is too small and Howling Twilight is maybe not perma. If an AV is going to take that long, I’m really not interested. Sure you could do better with P2W, but I would no longer consider it an AV soloist if it needs temp powers.

See I agree with that. If you have to use temp powers it kind of defeats the point. You need to be able to achieve it on your own merit. 

What do you feel doesn't work with your ill/dark/primal?

I'm definitely going to give it a go and if it doesn't work out at least I have tried it. 

18 minutes ago, WitchofDread said:

See I agree with that. If you have to use temp powers it kind of defeats the point. You need to be able to achieve it on your own merit. 

What do you feel doesn't work with your ill/dark/primal?

I'm definitely going to give it a go and if it doesn't work out at least I have tried it. 

Just the DPS vs regen situation. Between Phantom Army taunting, Twilight Grasp spam heals, and all the debuffs, everything else was great. Whittling down that HP bar for so long was just a slog.

I’m not typically an AV soloist though so I don’t know what’s typical for fight durations and difficulties. But I imagine a secondary with more -regen or -res would be ideal. Traps, Cold, Rad, Poison, the usual. Either that or at least some more proccy attacks (Seismic Smash?). I think I was just running proccy Blind + Arcane Bolt + Pets.

Edited by arcane

The proposed Gravity Distortion -> Lift -> Power Blast -> Propel deals about 130 DPS in the Mids attack chain calculator.

Power Blast seems to be the weak link in that chain. Going with just Lift -> Gravity Distortion -> Lift -> Propel would bump up DPS to 160+.

Side note: my ill/dark/primal only picked up primal because I had little left to invest in an APP. So it’s just Conserve Power and Temp Invulnerability for me. I guess Sorcery limited my options since it’s a slotting heavy pool.

I would agree with picking another pool if you have room to invest. Indomitable Will is always attractive. I know a friend with Ill/Dark/Mu that swears by the extra pet. Seismic Smash or Poisonous Ray or Water Spout would all also be good damage sources with proc options. Agree Power Blast kind of sucks.

Edited by arcane

Keep in mind that AVs heavily resist -ToHit, so you won't want to count on that too much. 

Looking over the posted build, I'd be tempted to drop Propel and Fly in favor of Arcane Bolt and Mystic Flight. I haven't mathed out Arcane Bolt and its proc chances but I suspect overall it comes close-ish to the damage of Propel. More importantly, it unlocks the rest of the Sorcery pool. Adding Enflame and Rune of Protection would add some additional damage and a mezz escape hatch. If you hadn't specified AV soloing specifically I'd be eager to make the switch. For AV builds the potential lost DPS may matter more. A bonus of Arcane Bolt is that given the zillion other things you'll need to cast to fulfill your Controller duties it tends to proc, offering you a "free" high damage blast. Less so if you are wailing on one static target, though.

Back in days long past, AV soloers took the Fire pool for marginally better damage in the single target blast and because Fireball, despite being an AoE, has superior DPA to most ST ranged blasts. I am not sure if this is still true. All of the ST blasts in the APP pools are not particularly incredible. I haven't looked at the current meta for Illusion/Cold trollers in a while, but I think a lot of them might have been using the Ice APP (Hibernate is undeniably useful for closing a dangerous gap or to evade a nasty enemy attack). For Gravity/Dark though I'd be very tempted to roll with the Psi APP. The blast isn't any better or worse than the other APP blasts, and Psi Tornado is slow. But unlike a Illus troller you're going to have to tank through a lot of AV aggro. Some of them have Psi attacks and that Psi defense bonus in Indomitable Will is very attractive.

Edited by oedipus_tex
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, nihilii said:

The proposed Gravity Distortion -> Lift -> Power Blast -> Propel deals about 130 DPS in the Mids attack chain calculator.

Power Blast seems to be the weak link in that chain. Going with just Lift -> Gravity Distortion -> Lift -> Propel would bump up DPS to 160+.

What about Arcane bolt added in?

2 hours ago, arcane said:

Side note: my ill/dark/primal only picked up primal because I had little left to invest in an APP. So it’s just Conserve Power and Temp Invulnerability for me. I guess Sorcery limited my options since it’s a slotting heavy pool.

I would agree with picking another pool if you have room to invest. Indomitable Will is always attractive. I know a friend with Ill/Dark/Mu that swears by the extra pet. Seismic Smash or Poisonous Ray or Water Spout would all also be good damage sources with proc options. Agree Power Blast kind of sucks.

How did arcane bolt fare for you?

1 hour ago, oedipus_tex said:

Keep in mind that AVs heavily resist -ToHit, so you won't want to count on that too much. 

Looking over the posted build, I'd be tempted to drop Propel and Fly in favor of Arcane Bolt and Mystic Flight. I haven't mathed out Arcane Bolt and its proc chances but I suspect overall it comes close-ish to the damage of Propel. More importantly, it unlocks the rest of the Sorcery pool. Adding Enflame and Rune of Protection would add some additional damage and a mezz escape hatch. If you hadn't specified AV soloing specifically I'd be eager to make the switch. For AV builds the potential lost DPS may matter more. A bonus of Arcane Bolt is that given the zillion other things you'll need to cast to fulfill your Controller duties it tends to proc, offering you a "free" high damage blast. Less so if you are wailing on one static target, though.

Back in days long past, AV soloers took the Fire pool for marginally better damage in the single target blast and because Fireball, despite being an AoE, has superior DPA to most ST ranged blasts. I am not sure if this is still true. All of the ST blasts in the APP pools are not particularly incredible. I haven't looked at the current meta for Illusion/Cold trollers in a while, but I think a lot of them might have been using the Ice APP (Hibernate is undeniably useful for closing a dangerous gap or to evade a nasty enemy attack). For Gravity/Dark though I'd be very tempted to roll with the Psi APP. The blast isn't any better or worse than the other APP blasts, and Psi Tornado is slow. But unlike a Illus troller you're going to have to tank through a lot of AV aggro. Some of them have Psi attacks and that Psi defense bonus in Indomitable Will is very attractive.

I dont have any experience with the sorc pool so im not entirely sure how to work it or what benefits it has.

1 hour ago, WitchofDread said:

What about Arcane bolt added in?

How did arcane bolt fare for you?

I dont have any experience with the sorc pool so im not entirely sure how to work it or what benefits it has.

I love Sorcery but the extent of its usefulness certainly varies from AT to AT.

Spirit Ward is perhaps best on pet classes (or at least support) unless you’re just using it as a Preventive Medicine mule. Makes a pet way more durable. You will like it on Controllers.

Arcane Bolt is great but with the caveat that it doesn’t fill out an attack chain that well. Its problem is it is so much better when Arcane Power procs that it can feel better NOT to spam it but rather to just hit it when you see the yellow circle. 

Mystic Flight is a Fly/TP, nuff said. 

Enflame is a great power vs mobs and procs reliably, but I do not know if its damage is good enough to be justified against an AV instead of a group. I think maybe the Ill/Dark doesn’t have it. Two of my Grav trollers do though.

Rune of Protection is awesome but more noticeably good if paired with Melee Core Embodiment.

EDIT: Enflame could be really good against AV’s. I don’t know. On one hand it’s low damage in general, but it’s passive damage that only has to be activated once a minute.

Edited by arcane

3 hours ago, oedipus_tex said:

No mention of Mace Mastery? The caveat here is that it would be much more viable for an Ill/Dark than a Grav/Dark because you will be squishier with mace shield, and illusion has phantom army to tank for you, but Poisonous Ray is pretty good. /Dark cannot fit in achilles heel proc otherwise so Poisonous Ray is boosting your resist debuff by 38.75%. The base debuff lasts 30 seconds if you don't want to apply it more than necessary but it can also do good damage with lady grey, shield breaker, and gladi jav procs.

• Like 1

Currently on fire.

9 hours ago, DreadShinobi said:

No mention of Mace Mastery? The caveat here is that it would be much more viable for an Ill/Dark than a Grav/Dark because you will be squishier with mace shield, and illusion has phantom army to tank for you, but Poisonous Ray is pretty good. /Dark cannot fit in achilles heel proc otherwise so Poisonous Ray is boosting your resist debuff by 38.75%. The base debuff lasts 30 seconds if you don't want to apply it more than necessary but it can also do good damage with lady grey, shield breaker, and gladi jav procs.

14 hours ago, oedipus_tex said:

I need to have a look and try slot in sorcery but not so sure on its value.

So i gave Mace a try and made this build:

Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Lift -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Apc-Dmg(3), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(5), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), GldJvl-Dam%(7)
Level 1: Twilight Grasp -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(7), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(9), Prv-Heal/Rchg(9), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(11), Prv-Absorb%(11)
Level 2: Gravity Distortion -- Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), GldJvl-Dam%(13), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(13), UnbCns-Dam%(15), GldNet-Dam%(15), ImpSwf-Dam%(17)
Level 4: Tar Patch -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 6: Propel -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17), GldJvl-Dam%(19), ExpStr-Dam%(19), FrcFdb-Rechg%(21), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(21)
Level 8: Crushing Field -- SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(A), SprOvrPrs-Rchg/Energy Font(23), Ann-ResDeb%(23), PstBls-Dam%(25), TraoftheH-Dam%(25), ImpSwf-Dam%(27)
Level 10: Darkest Night -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Dimension Shift -- SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg(27), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(29), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(31)
Level 14: Howling Twilight -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 16: Shadow Fall -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(31), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(31), Ksm-ToHit+(33), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(33), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(33)
Level 18: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 20: Fade -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(34), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(34), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(34), ShlWal-Def(36)
Level 22: Fly -- Frb-Stlth(A)
Level 24: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Wormhole -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(36), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(36), RechRdx-I(37)
Level 28: Soul Absorption -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 30: Tough -- GldArm-End/Res(A), GldArm-ResDam(37), GldArm-3defTpProc(37), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(39)
Level 32: Singularity -- SlbAll-Build%(A), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(39), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(39), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(40), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(40)
Level 35: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(42), LucoftheG-Def(42), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 38: Dark Servant -- CldSns-Acc/Rchg(A), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(43), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(43), CldSns-%Dam(43)
Level 41: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(45), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(45)
Level 44: Poisonous Ray -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), TchofLadG-%Dam(45), ShlBrk-%Dam(46), GldJvl-Dam%(46), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), Thn-Acc/Dmg(48)
Level 47: Disruptor Blast -- PstBls-Dam%(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), ExpStr-Dam%(48), FrcFdb-Rechg%(50), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(50)
Level 49: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- Empty(A)
------------

|MxDz;1350;645;1290;HEX;|
|78DA65934B4F13611486BFE94C8BA52DB7822D94422F80547AA1C6BDD18204A5098|
|93FC034B5AD8DB5256D35B274E1D65BC08D71E1862026AEDDFA03FC0F2220F58210|
|8D891B524FE77D91269D64FA7CF37EE7BCDF99D333E90773CE770B0F2F29AD2F55C|
|AD46A37539572BD5A299572556B3A53286655EBEA923B74BA7312145FA866EE17EB|
|AB27CFC1B6902BF7F2F9F85CA67AA79C13D7CBF97CB12C91CAB15C91BCABA562E17|
|6BD7DEDC2BAB52C960BDDE6D38D955CEED6E8FC4A311B6F334E67B239F9A9D573D5|
|55AFD4352EF7634D7E5AB76A5A55D2A254D2509659320A1A31320EDAA2BAC94F9EB|
|6DC0634DB57F0CC37F23BD8FD833C009F489EC65CEDB53235277D9D7735933D8B38|
|AF671E7ADF86E87E436DCBB9BAD9DDA6D26790FB54B6ACD0ACD64D03F15BE0007D0|
|756C5CF6DA8C147F01DDCC1FE33C9ED622D5D3E6867FDE43E72BDEF718EF7256A1B|
|612D9FA5163B6BB10711F35CB61CF0331C1BC81FD90447DF905BE0D85B70477C5CF|
|471F19D7645EB655DBD4338776C90EC0303C7CAAC23F0173E813FA05D06AF9F7EFD|
|CCDD133F37EB72530B5E477C70815C04C3D74087F80CD167E818399A681E6A9EA65|
|C6A4D3686A1E8C3EC6A388D2E8797C009BED51749F59963D3543E6ABA38FA5199EE|
|4FE2E4890479019CF2A0E3EB1A26B7D595F114BCA7B6197388E77347E42FF237275|
|8CE09F19C103B10612723EC6CC40D36A4CE49C64EEE59CCB3CFEF92FB64035C9756|
|4F23D6324DDF28FDA2F45F939819D63DF3019318FD88BA6236DDF489715263FC221|
|2AFC017921B47AE11E724262E2237C1A94E72AA93EC7F48DE75163569B3EC73926C|
|0D37AE6673F474DD7A947F73A9435936F8A18BA299CA41F7FFEF97CACF0EE5B0433|
|9EA50FE01B827DEE3|

Oooops. I didn't actually mean to post an empty quote up there. 😂

But yes, Scorp was my choice for my Ill/Dark post Fade change. Shield & Ray are great and the AoE takes KB IOs to make it decent. Loading Ray and Blast with procs works well and PAs love the extra -resist Ray provides (and the -Def I guess).

45% is the Def softcap for everyone. That means standard enemies have a 5% chance of hitting you. You can't lower it below that even if your Def / their -ToHit would lower it further (hence soft cap).

Extra Def is useful to act as a buffer against -Def attacks (guns and swords tend to have -Def).

So for Controllers 45% ranged or smashing/lethal Def is usually a good goal. But Dark comes with lots of -ToHit which works alongside your Def. 

I have been doing some reading and come across a fair amount of people who are using the new teleport target power to teleport singy on top of a pack of enemies to aid in pulling them together and keeping them knocked down.

I have reconfigured the build AGAIN to try include this and see how it works. I have also tried to include sorcery but i have zero idea on the slots. I have taken Mystic flight which allows for better positioning with the built in teleport, spirit ward to help singy with the above, and enflame to stick on a boss but again, no idea how it really works or dmg numbers etc.

I have also put in summon Tarantula from the Mace Mastery pool because i have heard its a pretty solid pet but definitely not essential. I did consider dropping it in favour of Focused Accuracy as the build is pretty low on that plus it gives the option to add in Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control: Chance for Build up which could be helpful. Other than that id probably take Arcane Bolt or Rune of Protection.

Unfortunately to make all this work i did drop Flight pool and Fighting so 1 less lotg 7.5% rech and less def and resistances.

Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Teleportation
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Lift -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Apc-Dmg(3), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(5), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), GldJvl-Dam%(7)
Level 1: Twilight Grasp -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(7), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(9), Prv-Heal/Rchg(9), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(11), Prv-Absorb%(11)
Level 2: Gravity Distortion -- Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), GldJvl-Dam%(13), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(13), UnbCns-Dam%(15), GldNet-Dam%(15), ImpSwf-Dam%(17)
Level 4: Tar Patch -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 6: Propel -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17), GldJvl-Dam%(19), ExpStr-Dam%(19), FrcFdb-Rechg%(21), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(21)
Level 8: Crushing Field -- SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(A), SprOvrPrs-Rchg/Energy Font(23), Ann-ResDeb%(23), PstBls-Dam%(25), TraoftheH-Dam%(25), ImpSwf-Dam%(27)
Level 10: Darkest Night -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Dimension Shift -- SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg(27), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(29), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(31)
Level 14: Howling Twilight -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 16: Shadow Fall -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(31), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(31), Ksm-ToHit+(33), GldArm-3defTpProc(33), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(33)
Level 18: Mystic Flight -- Frb-Stlth(A)
Level 20: Fade -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(34), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(34), ShlWal-Def(34), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(36)
Level 22: Teleport Target -- Acc-I(A)
Level 24: Spirit Ward -- Heal-I(A)
Level 26: Wormhole -- AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(A), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(36), RechRdx-I(36), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(37)
Level 28: Soul Absorption -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 30: Enflame -- PstBls-Dam%(A), Rgn-Dmg(50), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(50)
Level 32: Singularity -- SlbAll-Build%(A), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(37), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(37), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(39), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(39)
Level 35: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(42), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(42), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(42)
Level 38: Dark Servant -- CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(A), CldSns-Acc/Rchg(40), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(40), CldSns-%Dam(40)
Level 41: Poisonous Ray -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), TchofLadG-%Dam(43), GldJvl-Dam%(43), ShlBrk-%Dam(43), Thn-Acc/Dmg(45), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45)
Level 44: Disruptor Blast -- PstBls-Dam%(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), ExpStr-Dam%(46), FrcFdb-Rechg%(46), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(46)
Level 47: Focused Accuracy -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), Empty(48), Empty(48), Empty(48)
Level 49: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- Empty(A)
------------

|MxDz;1352;657;1314;HEX;|