What's the Best Secondary for Poison?

00Troy00

• Thanks 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Do:

/dp works with everything. -dam.

/ice for slows.

/rad for tier 9 hold to go with your poison trap.

/arrow for ultimate tier 9 recharge so nuke is always up.

/psy as -rech is highly undervalued.

/elec for fun with sapping (Poison trap helps quite a bit).

/water for bouncy fun time... and self heal.

/Fire if you gotta. I got extra dots on everything so more damage.

Don't:

/dark for you can't hit me... and self heal. 3 cone powers means this is too tricky to be really fun for me.

/Sonic for -res. same 3 cone situation as with dark. limits synergy options.

/BR for some interesting situations in very late game but mine didn't last that long. 🙂

/Energy take too much proc work to make this a kdown instead of a kback char so limits your pbaoe and poison trap.

um...

/Assault Rifle has anyone ever tried AR as a defender? 🙂

So the answer is obvious. Poison/AR!

2 hours ago, Ankhammon said:

um...

/Assault Rifle has anyone ever tried AR as a defender?

raises hand

I have an AR defender with Elec primar, was shooting (ha!) for a steampunk vibe.  It's...not good.  No debuffs to take advantage of defender numbers and low damage combined with lethal damage just makes it feel so awful.  Do not recommend.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

1 hour ago, ZorkNemesis said:

raises hand

I have an AR defender with Elec primar, was shooting (ha!) for a steampunk vibe.  It's...not good.  No debuffs to take advantage of defender numbers and low damage combined with lethal damage just makes it feel so awful.  Do not recommend.

On behalf of the defender community, we thank you for trying it out. 🙂

Every since a friend of mine unloaded on me full power with his assault rifle blaster on my sonic/sonic defender, using assault rifle reminds me of a couple lines from blazing saddles:

and

use it for fun sure, use it for uberness.... well.

Edited by Ankhammon

21 hours ago, Ankhammon said:

um...

/Assault Rifle has anyone ever tried AR as a defender? 🙂

So the answer is obvious. Poison/AR!

Well of course.

Haven't yet on HC but on Live had a villainous Emp/AR as part of RO's Redside's counterpart to Green Machine called Greed Machine.  She was a slightly off her rocker former combat medic at least in my mind canon.  Ended up solo for most of the last half of the journey but did see lvl 50 well before Sunset.  Honestly don't recall if she hit 50 before Incarnates were introduced but want to say yes.