The Best Passive Toon?

00Troy00

Interesting question.  I tend to run either blasters or support (trolls, defenders, etc.), and support is definitely an all hands on deck set that requires constant attention to every aspect of game play and to every teammate's health/end/held/slept/etc. status.  It's work to play support.  I have to be "on" at all times, and sometimes, that is exactly what I want.

What is not work is blasting on my main.  So I'd pick my ice/ice/cold blaster as the toon I am most likely to hop on if I want to just autopilot through some stuff to be ingame and have some fun.  Interestingly,  she is also one that I can thoroughly enjoy playing strategically (super-involved, as you say).  She's so fun to play just button mashing her attack chain on muscle memory OR working her powers to their most efficient and helpful to the team peak (or to solo--oddly (or not?), it's easier to solo a well-built troll than a blaster.  Slower, often, but easier.).

• Like 1

Sonic resonance.

You can get your teammates up to ~50% resistances and a 30% -res in a toggle power that you put on the scrapper or someone. Defender numbers, of course.

You can do all that in 2 clicks every 4 minutes and if you want you can just put yourself on follow for someone on your team.

But for most possible lazy, make it a controller with Ice primary. You can add in AA with the coercive persuasion confuse proc. three proctastic aoe powers (2 from cold and 1 from sonic). your very own pet.

And if you don't feel like dealing with that boss until everything else is gone, just use sonic cage.

Ok, so I put one together real quick. My first draft for mostly passive team toon.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.1.25
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Controller
Primary Power Set: Ice Control
Secondary Power Set: Sonic Resonance
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Force of Will
Ancillary Pool: Psionic Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Block of Ice -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(15), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(17), BslGaz-Slow%(34)
Level 1: Sonic Siphon -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Sonic Barrier -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(3), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(3), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(5)
Level 4: Sonic Haven -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(5), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(7), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9)
Level 6: Arctic Air -- CrcPrs-Conf%(A), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(7), EndRdx-I(11), EndRdx-I(11)
Level 8: Shiver -- ImpSwf-Acc/EndRdx(A), ImpSwf-Acc/Slow(9)
Level 10: Sonic Cage -- Acc-I(A)
Level 12: Ice Slick -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 14: Hover -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), Rct-ResDam%(15), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(40), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(43)
Level 16: Disruption Field -- EndRdx-I(A), EndRdx-I(17)
Level 18: Flash Freeze -- SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(A), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(19), PstBls-Dam%(19), FrtHyp-Plct%(21), FrtHyp-Acc/Sleep/Rchg(21), FrtHyp-Sleep/EndRdx(23)
Level 20: Sonic Dispersion -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(23), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(25), UnbGrd-Max HP%(25), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(31), StdPrt-ResKB(31)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(33)
Level 24: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(34)
Level 26: Glacier -- ImpSwf-Dam%(A), UnbCns-Dam%(27), GldNet-Dam%(27), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(29), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg(29), NrnSht-Dam%(31)
Level 28: Weaken Resolve -- ShlBrk-Acc/DefDeb(A), CldSns-%Dam(36), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(36), ShlBrk-%Dam(36)
Level 30: Mighty Leap -- UnbLea-Stlth(A)
Level 32: Jack Frost -- CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg(A), CaltoArm-Dmg/EndRdx(33), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), CaltoArm-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(34), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46)
Level 35: Mental Blast -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), Apc-Dam%(37), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(37)
Level 38: Liquefy -- SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(39), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), TchofLadG-%Dam(39), CldSns-%Dam(40), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Mind Over Body -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(42), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(42), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(42), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(43)
Level 44: World of Confusion -- MlsIll-Dam%(A), MlsIll-Acc/EndRdx(45), Erd-%Dam(45), ScrDrv-Dam%(45), Arm-Dam%(46), Obl-%Dam(46)
Level 47: Unleash Potential -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(48), LucoftheG-Def(48), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(50), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Clarity -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Containment
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(13), Prv-Absorb%(43), RgnTss-Regen+(50)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(13)
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 0: Portal Jockey
Level 0: Task Force Commander
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion
------------

• Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, Ankhammon said:

Sonic resonance.

You can get your teammates up to ~50% resistances and a 30% -res in a toggle power that you put on the scrapper or someone. Defender numbers, of course.

You can do all that in 2 clicks every 4 minutes and if you want you can just put yourself on follow for someone on your team.

But for most possible lazy, make it a controller with Ice primary. You can add in AA with the coercive persuasion confuse proc. three proctastic aoe powers (2 from cold and 1 from sonic). your very own pet.

And if you don't feel like dealing with that boss until everything else is gone, just use sonic cage.

Ok, so I put one together real quick. My first draft for mostly passive team toon.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.1.25
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Controller
Primary Power Set: Ice Control
Secondary Power Set: Sonic Resonance
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Force of Will
Ancillary Pool: Psionic Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Block of Ice -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(15), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(17), BslGaz-Slow%(34)
Level 1: Sonic Siphon -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Sonic Barrier -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(3), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(3), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(5)
Level 4: Sonic Haven -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(5), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(7), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9)
Level 6: Arctic Air -- CrcPrs-Conf%(A), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(7), EndRdx-I(11), EndRdx-I(11)
Level 8: Shiver -- ImpSwf-Acc/EndRdx(A), ImpSwf-Acc/Slow(9)
Level 10: Sonic Cage -- Acc-I(A)
Level 12: Ice Slick -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 14: Hover -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), Rct-ResDam%(15), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(40), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(43)
Level 16: Disruption Field -- EndRdx-I(A), EndRdx-I(17)
Level 18: Flash Freeze -- SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(A), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(19), PstBls-Dam%(19), FrtHyp-Plct%(21), FrtHyp-Acc/Sleep/Rchg(21), FrtHyp-Sleep/EndRdx(23)
Level 20: Sonic Dispersion -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(23), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(25), UnbGrd-Max HP%(25), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(31), StdPrt-ResKB(31)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(33)
Level 24: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(34)
Level 26: Glacier -- ImpSwf-Dam%(A), UnbCns-Dam%(27), GldNet-Dam%(27), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(29), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg(29), NrnSht-Dam%(31)
Level 28: Weaken Resolve -- ShlBrk-Acc/DefDeb(A), CldSns-%Dam(36), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(36), ShlBrk-%Dam(36)
Level 30: Mighty Leap -- UnbLea-Stlth(A)
Level 32: Jack Frost -- CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg(A), CaltoArm-Dmg/EndRdx(33), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), CaltoArm-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(34), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46)
Level 35: Mental Blast -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), Apc-Dam%(37), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(37)
Level 38: Liquefy -- SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(39), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), TchofLadG-%Dam(39), CldSns-%Dam(40), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Mind Over Body -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(42), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(42), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(42), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(43)
Level 44: World of Confusion -- MlsIll-Dam%(A), MlsIll-Acc/EndRdx(45), Erd-%Dam(45), ScrDrv-Dam%(45), Arm-Dam%(46), Obl-%Dam(46)
Level 47: Unleash Potential -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(48), LucoftheG-Def(48), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(50), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Clarity -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Containment
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(13), Prv-Absorb%(43), RgnTss-Regen+(50)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(13)
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 0: Portal Jockey
Level 0: Task Force Commander
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion
------------

Oh god, oh god, oh god, oh ... 

I've played this exact AT combo on Live.  When I'm feeling masochistic I'd love to revisit it and see how changes in the game (such as inherent Fitness) would improve things.  I can safely say as someone who has leveled multiple Empaths and various Controllers (successfully) this pairing was as close to impossible to solo as I've seen at pre pet levels.  Damage was so low I'd readily run out of endurance trying to kill those "3 minion" spawns.  But no recovery serum, no p2w Amps, no inherent Fitness but then again I got Stamina at 20th and that didn't make a huge difference as I recall.  It was post IOs but pre Incarnate at the time.  Teamed was no issue though so despite the above comments I would do it again and think with the various changes it would work ... just slow even by controller standards

Doom,

Yeah, I thought that combo would be one of the slowest solo combo's out there. But on a team it would bring so much and the end build would probably be a decent farmer. I could even think about it for boxing... 'cept i don't do that anymore. not enough machine for it. 🙂

Moon,

My first Sonic res experience was a sonic/sonic. really fun ride as long as i stayed away from sleep mez which used to bring dispersion field completely down.

Fantastic on teams.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Ankhammon said:

Moon,

My first Sonic res experience was a sonic/sonic. really fun ride as long as i stayed away from sleep mez which used to bring dispersion field completely down.

Fantastic on teams.

Double buffing teams and having a nice 4 minute overlap when changing missions seems like the dream!

10 hours ago, Ankhammon said:

Doom,

Yeah, I thought that combo would be one of the slowest solo combo's out there. But on a team it would bring so much and the end build would probably be a decent farmer. I could even think about it for boxing... 'cept i don't do that anymore. not enough machine for it. 🙂

Moon,

Fantastic on teams.

Indeed it has both +resistance and-resistance two very desirable things in endgame.

And I did run a Sonic/Dark defender to 50 Live that was 1 of 5 characters on what might have been the strongest team I've been on (certainly post IOs).  We were slaughtering +4/×8 Arachnos in the Faultline arcs by level 21, 22 or so.  I've no doubt it be an excellent team set pairing.

A force fields or time manip mastermind would probably fit what you are looking for better than a defender. Mastermind dps is passive, a defender is still expected to click buttons and blast - the archetype is not made to be a passive buff bot. +def buffs from a mastermind secondary reduces how much you need to micromanage and let your pets roam a bit more freely without dieing and needing to resummon.

Currently on fire.

On 8/13/2021 at 10:09 AM, Ankhammon said:

Sonic

------------

if you're just going to be a passive buff bot leech you may as well just be running your character with SOs and save the inf. The IOs won't make a difference if the playstyle doesn't support it.

Currently on fire.

If you go with a healing set then you have the responsibility to heal if the need arises.  So youd have that stress  🙂     I'd go sonic or force field, and I'd do it on a mastermind.     Next on the list would probably be Cold.  I have a bots FF that is passive and fun.   Then its just decide on your pets. Do you want melee ones or ranged or mixed.   Bots and Mercs are all ranged.  Beasts are all melee and easy to control.   

If you go defender I'd go with a secondary that has a ranged nuke and no important pbaoes. so you don't have to run back and forth.  that leaves you with Beam, Ice, Electric, Archery,  Assault Rifle and Water.   Electric does have a pbaoe but it isnt critical.  Beam has to deal with disintegrate, and water has to deal with it's clunky mechanic.  I'd probably go.  Electric, Archery or Assault Rifle.  - Probably Electric.   

**T9 Ranged Nukes**

Archery
Assault Rifle
Beam Rifle
Electrical Blast - (but the Short Circuit attack is pbaoe)
Ice Blast
Water Blast

**T9 Pbaoe Nukes**

Dark
Dual Pistols
Energy
Fire
Psychic

Radiation

Sonic

Edit.    Trick Arrow maybe also.  But its kind of busy.  But I have macros to make it uber easy.  Just popping Poison Gas Arrow and Flash Arrow can be a team saver.  massive -damage and -to hit.   😉

Edited by SmalltalkJava

• 3 weeks later
12 minutes ago, presto2112 said:

I noticed on my MM with Force Field secondary, I just buff one ally and everyone gets it

Does Sonic Resonance work the same way with Sonic Barrier and Sonic Haven?

Yes, Indeed it works the same This was an improvement made to the game in LIVE after incarnate trials came to be