Foldspace why do yall love it?

RageusQuitus2

1 hour ago, ZemX said:

Then you need more practice. 😈

Id bet between binds and practice im as good as anyone who says its fastest.  I was trying to use team tp in pvp, and still use it in zones.  its just not practical with misfires.  Super speeders can catch up and hit you reliably.  Thats when im trying to stick close to ground and eliminate some of the horrible hoover lag animation between TPs.  Was trying to keep pets close for body guard.  And if i got sky its fine straight up max distance, orient and move.  But you still have that horrible animation lock between TPs, drop half your pets.  And again throw in a misfire or two...  I was easily tracked and kept up.

Id also say I did some dry runs with some of the TF timed competition teams.  Getting to the missions quickly was half the battle.  Nobody used tp.  We all used assemble team and whatnot.  If tp is so much faster and time was of the essence....

Edited by RageusQuitus2

Team TP was and is mostly a prank power. (Actually can be useful if a teammate is AFK and you want to keep them with you, as long as they trust you enough to turn off TP confirmation.) If it only had an Assemble Team effect as well... Works well to freak out the occasional PUG though.

But all the rest of TP pool got nice buffs and fixes (like TP range boost and letting you hover long enough to be actually useful). You can skip buying Hover now and hardly miss it.

So the only travel set that could get you killed, and required another travel set to really work, is now (Comtraya!*) better.

Bounce around for a few Combat TPs and TP Target (nee TP Foe and Recall Friend) might actually hit.

The TP set is now worthy of copying your character over to Brainstorm to try out.

* /em clap

Edited by DoctorDitko
Forgot the emote. What's the point without it?

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

12 hours ago, RageusQuitus2 said:

Id bet between binds and practice im as good as anyone who says its fastest.  I was trying to use team

Okay then... we can stop there.   Nobody was talking about Team TP.  If that's what you were talking about, it completely explains why you think teleportation sucks.  

When "everyone" says Teleport is the fastest travel power, they mean "Teleport" from the "Teleportation" pool and nothing else.  Team TP isn't even close.  And nobody is trying to tell you it's faster than being pulled across a zone by ATT.  Don't be ridiculous.

9 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

Team TP was and is mostly a prank power.

It's confusing to look at in City of Data.  It says the range of Team TP is... 25 feet?!  That can't be right, right?  But it also says +310% Teleport in the effects section whereas most other teleport power just have +100% Teleport effect.  What on Earth does that mean?  

35 minutes ago, ZemX said:

It's confusing to look at in City of Data.  It says the range of Team TP is... 25 feet?!  That can't be right, right?  But it also says +310% Teleport in the effects section whereas most other teleport power just have +100% Teleport effect.  What on Earth does that mean?  

teleport can be resisted, so my guess is that any value over 100% allows you to team tp confused/debuffed team mates. 

3 minutes ago, CloudMouse said:

teleport can be resisted, so my guess is that any value over 100% allows you to team tp confused/debuffed team mates. 

Hmm... nope.  The effect is tagged as ignoring resistance and player teammates are autohit by the power.   But maybe it used to be resistable and that's a holdover.

I just can't imagine 25 feet is the correct range.  That's the range on ... Caltrops and it's barely enough to throw them out in front of you.  I've never taken Team TP myself, so I have no idea how far you can actually teleport with it.  I've only heard it has less range than Teleport.  But if the range given in the power description isn't the actual teleport distance... what is?

1 hour ago, ZemX said:

Hmm... nope.  The effect is tagged as ignoring resistance and player teammates are autohit by the power.   But maybe it used to be resistable and that's a holdover.

I just can't imagine 25 feet is the correct range.  That's the range on ... Caltrops and it's barely enough to throw them out in front of you.  I've never taken Team TP myself, so I have no idea how far you can actually teleport with it.  I've only heard it has less range than Teleport.  But if the range given in the power description isn't the actual teleport distance... what is?

I'm guessing that is the radius of effect, not the range of the tp. 

1 minute ago, A Cat said:

I'm guessing that is the radius of effect, not the range of the tp. 

Nope, it has a radius as well and that is 30ft.  It's baffling.  I almost want to go to test server right now and try it. 🤪

Believe it or not I have Team TP scheduled for a character I have on a specialty team (all Poison).  If it's 25 feet then it's useless, you're already engaging the next spawn unless there's stealth involved.

On all fire/rad controller teams from live, TTP was frequently used but I remember being able to port in before being seen.  I sure don't remember the numerical value for range but it had to be > 25 ft.

12 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

Bounce around for a few Combat TPs and TP Target (nee TP Foe and Recall Friend) might actually hit.

When I use the power to TP enemies it works a majority of the time.

Accuracy enhancers for the win.

Most of the time I get TP Target  to use as "Recall Friend" so I always slot it up with a range to start with.

If I'm using it to TP an enemy, I have the power slotted up with 2 acc as well. Range first so I'm far enough away and then the to accs to have a good chance to pull to me.

If you are going to use Combat TP as a + to hit, you might  as well get Leadership: Tactics; you will get more +to hit out of it, and it helps the whole team's accuracy.

To me, Combat TP is to simulate Nightcrawler bouncing around.

Sure you can Combat TP a couple times then start attacking for the +to-hit

-- but then why not use Leadership: Tactics if you are only using it for the to-hit buff. Maybe running solo? Or maybe trying to save that one slot that would would need to use to unlock Leadership: Tactics?

Or teleport a couple of times then bounce into melee range and attack

-- I do think the point is to get within melee range or perhaps to quickly TP to distances for better range shots possibly. Again if you are using it to building up to-hit then Leadership: Tactics or the set's buff up power (pretty much every set as a +to hit and with +damage or the other way around which is probably better all-round bonus)

Or Teleport into melee combat, attack; then decide to teleport to where another foe is and attack, or teleport away from melee range; and decide to teleport to where another foe is and attack, or teleport away from melee range.

-- I know for this final one some of us aren't that twitch-fast any more, but some of the young crowd probably are.

From the +to-hit stand point, you don't have to wait for Leadership: Tactics to recharged before you get the +to-hit bonus.

If you just have it because you like to be the teleporter guy, that's fine too.

I'm all about character conception myself, so I understand on that basis entirely.

Edited by UltraAlt

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

3 hours ago, Hedgefund said:

Believe it or not I have Team TP scheduled for a character I have on a specialty team (all Poison).  If it's 25 feet then it's useless, you're already engaging the next spawn unless there's stealth involved.

On all fire/rad controller teams from live, TTP was frequently used but I remember being able to port in before being seen.  I sure don't remember the numerical value for range but it had to be > 25 ft.

I'm assuming that's base value. You don't have to put acc in it, so you could put one range in it to start with and add two more.

- I'll make a run to the beta and check it out - be back - 

- back, sorry about delay - 

level 40 did show a base of 25 feet

level 40 with 3 level 43 SO range = 39.34 feet

level 40 with 3 level 40 IO range = 39.36 feet

-

level 50 did show a base of 25 feet

level 50 with 3 level 50 SO range = 39 feet

level 50 with 3 level 50 IO range = 39.62 feet

level 50 witn 1 level 50 IO range = 31.38 feet

Edited by UltraAlt

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

I just tried it on test and I didn't try to find max range, but it's clearly > 25 feet.  I found a mob and just before I lost sight of him with target I was able to use the "powexec_location target" macro to land on top of him.  Putzing around it looks like it may be 85 feet, but I would not submit those findings to be peer reviewed, purely putzing around to get an approximation of scale.

Edited by Hedgefund

I can see the utility in a few instances. On a Minds of Mayhem, bringing a Storm Void in to clobber is one of them. 
On an MSR - if folks are using this (and using an ultimate to do it), I wonder if these means the incorrect myth about stealth impacting taunt can finally be put to rest. 

When I do zone hunts in Croatoa, and invariably see that the Fir Bolg aren't in the area where I get credit for clobbering them, I can port them into the area and get proper credit. 
(Zone hunts really should all be removed from every contacts story arcs!) 

On Lady Gray TF, it can be quite nice to port weakened Hamidon out of the goo. Makes things a lot easier. 

There are probably other situational uses. But to me - the loss of a power pool like Fighting or Leadership isn't worth it to me. I've gotten this far without it, so why use it? It doesn't make my life any easier. But if teammates want to use it - that's fine, provided they don't take my group that I'm using AoE on. And this happens a lot, to the point where I find it annoying and will tell them to stop using it on the mobs I've already gathered. (to be fair - most mobs don't need to be herded or gathered. They're already in good size groups.) 

Otherwise, I'll just start using brawl. 

14 minutes ago, Hedgefund said:

I just tried it on test and I didn't try to find max range, but it's clearly > 25 feet.  I found a mob and just before I lost sight of him with target I was able to use the "powexec_location target" macro to land on top of him.  Putzing around it looks like it may be 85 feet, but I would not submit those findings to be peer reviewed, purely putzing around to get an approximation of scale.

Heh... did the same just now.  

It's 220 feet or so, base.   You can target something on the map and get range from that waypoint.   Teleport, by comparison, is 350 feet unenhanced, and can be chained for very low end use.  Also has that nice hang time/untouchable phase, which Team TP never got.

City of Data isn't to blame.  The in-game power description says 25 feet too.  CoD, in fact, uses the same data files as the in-game description does.  But clearly the power itself is using something else and the description is wrong, hence CoD shows the same wrong value.

Nevertheless, it's slow, more susceptible to lag, shorter range, and more endurance.  It's not what anybody is talking about when they say "teleport is the fastest travel power". 😀  But it's not without some use, I suppose.  However niche. 

2 hours ago, Ukase said:

(Zone hunts really should all be removed from every contacts story arcs!) 

I can see why one would want to avoid them, but I don't think that they should be removed.

I'm assuming they were originally put in to make players fight out in the open so they could explore zones and other heroes would see them fighting in the streets - flavor!

Plus you could be fighting group that you are intended to fight at a higher level. The hunts will let you know if that is the case. I know, the arc should be set the appropriate level, but Tsoo are good example. You can always run some radio missions or another arc for a level or two so you can power up to fight the ones on the street and then get back to the rest of that arc.

To go into this a bit more. I think that the villains groups are set up to be a real threat when you first meet them, then as you level you gain powers to deal with them and by the time you reach the end of the leveling of that villain type you are able to defeat them much more easily because of your powers versus theirs and because you should have learned how that villian group operates (and know how to defeat their tactics).

I'd be more prone to ask that the hunts be removed from task forces at this point.

In the task forces with hunts back to back, it isn't a team thing. Individual players or maybe 2 will go to a zone and fight and every one fans out. Players just sit around until a hunt is done so that they can wait their turn.

I think they were originally put in to have the whole team racing around the city and exploring different zones. Teams aren't doing that anymore so I think the point is lost.

i take team tp cause tp didnt work for MMs.  Not well at least.  I guess I forgot the range difference. 

If I was going for movement speed though id want SS/SJ.  Or non bother at all and temp powers. 

TP is still prone to misfires and turning direction randomly causing you to say go back same distance you went forward.  And of course you can add youve left your pets way behind. 

Actually if team TP stinks, and some are arguing combat TP stinks...  Im starting to think this isnt the travel power for me...  Maybe I should go with group fly for my MMs.

Edited by RageusQuitus2

I find that when I TP far enough away from my pets, the game TPs them to my position anyway.

So Group Fly more useful overall with ranged pets.

Team TP can get the team through a small crack in the wall, but is otherwise only rolled out on the first of April.

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)