Swamp Thing?

PLVRIZR

Trying to decide between Inv/Rad Melee or Rad Armor/SS.  Whaddya think...and may just make both 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

1 hour ago, Perfect Weapon said:

Well if we use cannon powers https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Swamp_Thing_(New_Earth)#Powers I my opinion would be Bio/SS.  Maybe even Bio/Rad.

Good point but, ugh, I can't imagine wearing that ridiculous bio-armor animation around.  At least with Inv, the effects can be muted, and can focus on the toon's looks.

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

18 minutes ago, Psyonico said:

Bio has a minimal FX option as well.

Inv is probably slightly stronger than Rad armor if you want to stick to the two you provided though.

I did not know that, thanks.  Never rolled a Bio...may have to take this opportunity.

Agreed (see sig 😉).

My big issue with rad melee is the  WAIT.  FOR.  IT.  animation on Devastating Blow. Also, Proton Sweep just sucks.

• Like 3

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

I think it was on the Tanker forums, but someone had posted their Swamp Thing concept using Bio/Dark. That looked like a great match up (the way they had done it, costume/coloration included). I think it will ultimately depend on how your define "Swap Thing's" powers. I can see arguments for Invuln, WP, Bio, and Rad for Swampy. I can also see Arguments for SS, Dark, and maybe Energy, (could argue Fire, for Marvel's take on it, or at least Epic and Judgement Power). I think Bio's animations would be appropriate for the toon, but you could turn them off if you wanted (I do it all the time for non themed heroes). I'd go Bio/SS, Bio/Dark, or Bio/SS (I have to say Rad/Dark is an incredible combo, perhaps a "hidden (not so much) gem".

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe

I rolled a Bio/Rad Tank (after reading the complete backstory, Controller might actually be a closer archetype), because as a casual kid reader in the early 70s, I remembered Swamp Thing as a tank-like antihero.  He's now lvl 22 and pretty fun (and tough, through DFB, Posi1 and Posi2).  About to move into the AOE section of Rad Melee, so looking forward to that, for sure.

I don't mind the "Pigpen" cloud, as it fits the theme (I also took the "boils" body and roach travel auras and they're appropriately disgusting).  My only disappointment, so far, is the Adaptive Carapace animation, which builds and breaks the entire armor set.  Not really SWMPTHNG-esqe, as it were, but it's not a deal breaker.

On 8/25/2021 at 7:48 PM, Psyonico said:

You could always re-color it... I don't know the character you're referring to, so I don't know if that would be helpful or not.

I put "minimal FX" across the entire primary set, but the temporary armor animation of forming and shedding, appears to be unaffected.  I'll look at coloring it dark, however, and see if it's less intrusive.

Swamp thing is totally old-school comic book (1972 debut).  Here's the cover of the re-issue of #1:

image.png.a96547c5bae8adbfc7c88f3de591c757.png

And the animated TV cartoon version:

image.png.1a13f080695b7f233f708a97bd7b5e41.png

Best I could replicate, with the character generator in Homecoming:

image.png.8c7ce08bc9c075b529b603c9b97c0704.png

Edited by PLVRIZR
changed "issue" to "re-issue"
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/25/2021 at 2:32 PM, PLVRIZR said:

My only disappointment, so far, is the Adaptive Carapace animation, which builds and breaks the entire armor set. 

If you select a tan-ish brown primary color, and a darker brown or olive drab-ish secondary color, you might be able to convince yourself that it's rapidly grown wood or bark.

10 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

Clarification: That is a recent #1 as comics did not cost $2.99 in 1972 (otherwise I would never have gotten started with them had that been the case--no telling how much that would have saved me though).

Swamp_Thing_Vol_1_1.jpg

You are correct, but the orignial (not the reissue) didn't have the best angle of ST.

Two questions, 1) did you try the omega head/face pieces, and 2) will we see it at a TT? Also, I think that the veined costume pieces might work for certain areas (greens and browns being used).

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

On 8/26/2021 at 3:28 PM, Erratic1 said:

Clarification: That is a recent #1 as comics did not cost $2.99 in 1972 (otherwise I would never have gotten started with them had that been the case--no telling how much that would have saved me though).

Swamp_Thing_Vol_1_1.jpg

Welllll, technically...

image.thumb.png.e64cacd072943e3ff8d38871c390fd5a.png

CSB time: I have a copy of ST#1 and had my hands on this HoS#92 but the friend that gave me the #1 said, "umm, no, I'm selling the HoS#92." Think he got 5k for it.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba

16 hours ago, Warboss said:

Two questions, 1) did you try the omega head/face pieces, and 2) will we see it at a TT? Also, I think that the veined costume pieces might work for certain areas (greens and browns being used).

1.  No, I did not, but after looking at the comic book/animated series pictures, online, I changed to the "thin" head, at ICON.

2.  Of course!...but not this coming Tuesday, as he's just now 32-ish (after Synapse, Yin and some PI mission teams) and I'll be bringing NUTCRCKR to the BAF event...so maybe after moving to another shard/server for the next couple of weeks.

2 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

Is it called SWMPTHNG?

Lol, good one.

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

20 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

Is it called SWMPTHNG?

Yup.  Due to copyright issues (I'm sure) "Swamp Thing" and "The Swamp Thing" weren't even recognized, in the character creator.  So, as I have continued to do, I used the license plate naming convention.  Since I didn't find Homecoming, until Feb. 2020, most of my original toon names were already taken...so they are now PLVRIZR, JAWBRKR, NUTCRCKR, etc.  And now:  SWMPTHNG 😆

Plant/Thorn Dominator.
That is what I made mine!
THE LICHENTHROPE!

screenshot_201112-18-43-37.jpg

“Even a man who is pure at heart,
and says his prayers by night…

…May become a moss when the fungi blooms,
and the autumn moon is bright.”

Mike O’Phile became lost in October hiking the Appalachian Trail alone. He survived 38 days eating strange glowing lichen scraped from the walls of an ancient Abenaki cave dwelling. He emerged a changed man.

Edited by Vulpoid
Added pic and bio!
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Vulpoid said:

Plant/Thorn Dominator.
That is what I made mine!

If only we could have that assault/armor archetype so I could make a thorn/bio Swamp Thing. Course, I'd also make a ton of others. Nrg/SR, Earth/*... earth assault/armor would be so freaking awesome.