Add a "known bug watchlist" and "balance changes being looked at" list.

Just a couple of thread topics that would state what bugs are being looked at and occasional updates to what the powers team is currently working on/looking at changing next. That'd go a long way towards helping people know XYZ issue isn't just being ignored.

• 3 weeks later

After 6 months of your favorite item being on the list, would you be at ease of the fact that it's there? Or become more vocal hoping they prioritize it over other issues?

People will feel ignored no matter what you do.

Just a couple of thread topics that would state what bugs are being looked at and occasional updates to what the powers team is currently working on/looking at changing next. That'd go a long way towards helping people know XYZ issue isn't just being ignored.

This is running on volunteer time.  Everything, including maintaining/updating a list, takes someone's regular attention.  If you're volunteering your own time for this, PK has an unofficial dev tracker you can use to compile from.

No-Set Builds: Tanker Scrapper Brute Stalker

Captain Powerhouse basically said that he's not going to list exactly what's being worked on, because much of what he's tinkering with will never make it to the game for one reason or another.

I don’t want to list everything in my queue here because I don’t want to create expectations. Sometimes I’m told a very strict “no” on a change, other times they are tested and don’t pass internal scrutiny. Other times Leo consciously ignores the branch in a very passive “you wasted your time.” For all I know, half my queue will be shut down as soon as Leandro finds out about it.

What might be good though is editing posts on the bug forum when someone on the team has looked at them and verified it's a bug. Plenty of things on there are player misunderstandings or even suggestions (which could probably stand being punted over to the right forum) but sticking a [VERIFIED] tag of some kind whether it be text in the topic or a post icon would be good.

There's so much churn over there an absolutely verifiable bug I posted a couple days ago is already 3 pages buried. Did it get seen? I would be surprised if it had.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

"Things being looked at" sounds great, but I imagine it would become a nightmare for developers. When they admitted Rage was on the table for being looked at, that didn't lead to the best, most civil discussion from the player base. People become too emotionally invested in their opinions for some of these things, and people putting in their own time to work on this game for free don't need to see all the complaints about what wasn't done the way they want.

As mentioned already, there's also the issue that something on the table doesn't end up being touched despite best wishes. Some will feel in more jaded by that. Best to leave that alone, I think.

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

Large companies call these roadmaps.  And while a necessary evil for these companies, they are bane of IT departments everywhere.  Everyone gets disappointed - people’s whose projects aren’t on the roadmap or are way out there are upset that their stuff isn’t being worked on.  People whose stuff is on the list get mad when their stuff is delayed (as is often the case).  And when things get reprioritized there is lots of drama about why was X thing moved or changed.

If I was volunteering my time and energy as a hobbyist running a private server, I wouldn’t invite that kind of drama on myself.  I would be like - “I feel like working on this today, so that’s what I am going to do.”

So far HC has actively resisted anything like this that has been proposed...

Erydanus - I think you hit it on the head - it would be nice if he Dev’s commented more on the bugs they’ve seen here.  It would be nice if there was a stickied list of verified bugs people could scan thru before continually reposting the same bugs over and over again.

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Is this not what the various red lettered threads are for?

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Is this not what the various red lettered threads are for?

Assuming this was addressed at me (the prior poster), I would say that if that was the case, then the game is bug free, because there are zero stickied posts in the bug reports forum. 

Maybe I'm not understanding what you are saying?

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Possible unpopular opinion: Why should they? you're getting this for free. These guys aren't beholden to anyone. The minute they do this people will take it as a promise to fix whatever was put on the list and start making demands that this get done.

Just looking at the tone of a lot of the posts here people are starting to demand things, IMO adding something like this and that only gets worse, leading to aggravation and burnout on the parts of the people volunteering their time to do this, furthering the chances that they'll just throw up their hands and quit.

IMO people aren't appreciative enough of these guys and the fact that we just have a game to play at all, instead there have to 5 million different suggestions that these guys can't possible hope to ever do. And now they're supposed to take the time to publish a list of things they aren't doing because they're too busy making the list.

Here's my suggestion" everyone leave the guys running the server be and just enjoy what you've got. Feel free to post things you'd like to see, but don't have any expectation that it will ever become reality.

Looking at this forum is like watching one of those videos where the kid gets a new car for their birthday then goes on a mad tirade because it's not the right color.

Possible unpopular opinion: Why should they? you're getting this for free. These guys aren't beholden to anyone. The minute they do this people will take it as a promise to fix whatever was put on the list and start making demands that this get done.

Just looking at the tone of a lot of the posts here people are starting to demand things, IMO adding something like this and that only gets worse, leading to aggravation and burnout on the parts of the people volunteering their time to do this, furthering the chances that they'll just throw up their hands and quit.

IMO people aren't appreciative enough of these guys and the fact that we just have a game to play at all, instead there have to 5 million different suggestions that these guys can't possible hope to ever do. And now they're supposed to take the time to publish a list of things they aren't doing because they're too busy making the list.

Here's my suggestion" everyone leave the guys running the server be and just enjoy what you've got. Feel free to post things you'd like to see, but don't have any expectation that it will ever become reality.

Looking at this forum is like watching one of those videos where the kid gets a new car for their birthday then goes on a mad tirade because it's not the right color.

I think the people behind Homecoming aren't doing this for "us" in the first place.  They are doing this for their love of the game.  SCoRE spent 6 years updating the game on a secret server because they love the game.  Homecoming came out of that and wanted the game to be big again, like it used to be, because, it's fun for them.  This is a hobby for them.

I agree that the Homecoming team are volunteers who are doing this out of their own time, and we should be grateful, but it's not like they are doing this because they take pity on us.  We aren't some social cause that needs looking after...We are now part of their community.  We are giving money to make this work.  People from this community are donating their time to helping out.

HC put up these forums as part of that community interaction. They put up a bug board and suggestion board.  They've been good hosts and are asking to converse with their guests.  I'm a pretty good lurker on these forums, and I haven't seen a lot of demanding of HC.  In fact, while some posts may sound like it, most of the conversations within are always with a pretty grateful lens.  We can be very demanding of each other on these forums, but that's to be expected, and not the same as being demanding of our hosts...

Now I agree that they shouldn't put up a roadmap of changes they are making (and said so as much), but it would be nice if there was confirmation of a bug from their end, so that we don't have to spend as much time rehashing them over and over...I am demanding it?  No  But I think you aren't giving this community enough credit for our level of gratitude.  As an example, I leave you with this - Say a thanks? Share a memory!

Assuming this was addressed at me (the prior poster), I would say that if that was the case, then the game is bug free, because there are zero stickied posts in the bug reports forum. 

Lately I've been seeing threads along the lines of "If you're experiencing problem X, click here". IDK which subforum they've been in as I've been clicking the "show unread" when I read daily.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Lately I've been seeing threads along the lines of "If you're experiencing problem X, click here". IDK which subforum they've been in as I've been clicking the "show unread" when I read daily.

That's a good point - they have been really good about engaging on defects/issues with the installation process...that's where you are seeing the stickies...Love to see that replicated on the bug side