Do You Feel For Empathy Control?

Gentoo

Why isn't there an Empathy Control powerset? We will all feel better if this is added to the game.

Tier 1: Lingering Doubt: Ranged Single Target Immobilize: Suggest An Animation

Tier 2: Crippling Guilt: Single Target hold: You do an explain or yada yada yada animation and target hangs head in shame.

Tier 3: Lingering Doubts: Ranged AOE Immobilize: Suggest an Animation

Tier 4: Call Your Mother: Ranged AOE hold that causes enemies to enter the phone animation and call their mothers.

Tier 5: Your Father is Proud of You: AOE -acc and -perception as the enemies tear up.

Tier 6: Safe Space: PBAOE Phase Shift: Targets go to their safe spaces, where nobody can hurt them, and enter yoga sit Animation phase shifted.

Tier 7: Time to Rest:  Placeable Field power:  Enemies who enter the filed use the rest power. They gain endurance and regeneration quickly but are  unable to act.

Tier 8: Ego Boost: Toggle +acc: You do the thumbs up animation when activating toggle. 

Tier 9: Unrequited Love: Pet: Beautiful woman with PBAOE aura on her that causes foes around her to swoon and be disorriented. She does various animations such as turning away, slapping them, etc that do debuffs and damage.

I believe this powerset can be added mostly using existing emotes already in the game.

Please dear Homecoming Dev Team, you the have Control. Please have some Empathy.

Edited by Gentoo
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 5 months later

Odd concept aside, I think a neat visual effect to differentiate the set would be a desaturation of color on the target or a saturation of color on allies or when buffing someone. It's subtle but different.

I actually had a character concept that did that exact thing although I couldn't create the effect well in-game. Overall idea obviously from Mr. Mime from Powerpuff girls.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/wQr_L_2B87Q/hqdefault.jpg

• 1 year later
On 9/25/2021 at 5:28 AM, Gentoo said:

Why isn't there an Empathy Control powerset? We will all feel better if this is added to the game.

oh, boy.

I don't even know where to start, but I hopefully know what not to even touch with a ten-foot pole (Yes, I have my 50 foot of rope, iron rations and 200 torches in my backpack.)

Okay.

So your Empathy Control set isn't about being Empathetic. It's about plaguing your opponents with feelings of empathy.

It looks like you are suggest a Gaslighting control powerset to me.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

No thanks.

/jranger

5 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

Okay.

So your Empathy Control set isn't about being Empathetic. It's about plaguing your opponents with feelings of empathy.

It looks like you are suggest a Gaslighting control powerset to me.

^ that's pretty much exactly what it is, yes. Cancer suggestion. Kill it with fire.

Edited by A.I.D.A.
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1