So much from Homecoming!

Glacier Peak

I was looking through some patch notes the other day to see when a change was implemented and I ended up going down the rabbit hole of looking through all of the stuff Homecoming has done since the Issue 25 branch, well really since Issue 26. It's enormous! It's seriously impressive! The lists of things implemented, the changes to powers, the roll backs, the buffs, the nerfs, the QoLs, the story arcs, the player events, the community events,  the playability (looking at you HC Launcher), the sheer openess, or really accessibility to everything in the game.... wow! Even if you don't agree with or like some of the changes, you have to admit they have done an incredible amount of work. 

Just for fun, take a look at Issue 26 and it's 5 pages. And Issue 27 and it's (soon to be) 3 pages.

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Issue_26

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Issue_27

These volunteers are seriously dedicated fans of the game and I am grateful each time I log in. I just wanted to say that, I'm sure other folks have their take. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 18

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Indeed...thanks folks.

• Like 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

Thank you for starting this thread, Glacier Peak.

And thank you, Homecoming Developers, for all of the hard work that you've put into City of Heroes. I haven't always agreed with all of your decisions, but that's ok. English doesn't have to words to express how grateful I am that you've resurrected, and improved, my favorite hobby.

• Thanks 2

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

Yeah, I mean sometimes I take for granted that I can so easily log in without any issues, instantly start doing whatever I want, whether its story arcs, flashbacks, solo or team play, badging, end game content, pvp, searching for bugs or geometry errors, etc. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has taken pause when hearing the awesome Atlas Park music again for the first time, but it is good to have this game - this stress reliever for some or socialization for others (really both for me). And it's free! And the folks running the show listen to what the community wants! I think the COH franchise is in a better place now than it ever was on live (though I did enjoy the larger population!).

• Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

But I think we can all agree that the very biggest, most important of all of these was putting Halloween decorations in the lit windows of buildings at night.

I mean, I like those.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

18 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Yeah, I mean sometimes I take for granted that I can so easily log in without any issues, instantly start doing whatever I want, whether its story arcs, flashbacks, solo or team play, badging, end game content, pvp, searching for bugs or geometry errors, etc. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has taken pause when hearing the awesome Atlas Park music again for the first time, but it is good to have this game - this stress reliever for some or socialization for others (really both for me). And it's free! And the folks running the show listen to what the community wants! I think the COH franchise is in a better place now than it ever was on live (though I did enjoy the larger population!).

Not going to lie, I can't even imagine going through the last ~18 months without CoH.  "Psychiatrists hate this ONE WEIRD TRICK!" (Clicks Power Thrust, fires Hellion across AP)

• Like 4

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

22 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Yeah, I mean sometimes I take for granted that I can so easily log in without any issues

Seriously. And to boot  I didn't even have to get this game from some shady dealer with a trench coat. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, roleki said:

Not going to lie, I can't even imagine going through the last ~18 months without CoH.  "Psychiatrists hate this ONE WEIRD TRICK!" (Clicks Power Thrust, fires Hellion across AP)

Fun fact-that was literally the first thing I ever did, 17 years ago in this game.   I made  a Eng/Eng blaster, and the first time I punched one, and he flew 20 feet away into a wall, I couldn't stop laughing.  And in 2019, I was damn crying logging back into this game.  So, they are welcome to take their time IMHO.  Hell, I finally made a Regen character on HC-never did on live beyond a alt I never did anything with, and it was my first sentinel.   For crying out loud, I have more than one STALKER.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, JnEricsonx said:

Fun fact-that was literally the first thing I ever did, 17 years ago in this game.   I made  a Eng/Eng blaster, and the first time I punched one, and he flew 20 feet away into a wall, I couldn't stop laughing.  And in 2019, I was damn crying logging back into this game.  So, they are welcome to take their time IMHO.  Hell, I finally made a Regen character on HC-never did on live beyond a alt I never did anything with, and it was my first sentinel.   For crying out loud, I have more than one STALKER.

Ha!  My first character was also an En/En; I don't recall if Hellion golf was the FIRST thing I did with it, but, I do know I spent an inordinate amount of time street hunting in AP because it was so damn hilarious to launch a dude then blast them in midair. 

In any event, I owe the HC team a debt of gratitude for not only bringing CoH/CoX back in a stable, professional-feeling way, but coming up with kickass things, such as (among many other things) Electrical Affinity and the Artillery invention set.  EA is the perfect support set for the way the game is played today, and Artillery has increased by leaps and bounds the survivability of the typically-squishy ranged characters I like to play the most.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!