Zombie XP Needs To Rise...

... from the grave!

Seriously, doing a zombie raid with a ToT league today, I was getting 1 XP from some of them.  Here I am at 26th level, this is just insulting, give me a rock at least!  Literally they're only "worth it" for the badges, which is silly.  MSRs give out decent XP, zombies should too.

Or was I "doing it wrong" somehow that I am unaware of?

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Could be the way the league was set up. I believe that on a league, XP is allocated between teams based on percent of damage done, then shared across your team. If another team in the league did the majority of the damage, they would get most of the XP. It gets worse if league leader doesn't consolidate players into teams of 8. If you were on a team of 1 or 2, you would get very little XP. (You still get credit for the defeat for badges.)

• Thumbs Up 2

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender

Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper | Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel

8 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

... from the grave!

Seriously, doing a zombie raid with a ToT league today, I was getting 1 XP from some of them.  Here I am at 26th level, this is just insulting, give me a rock at least!  Literally they're only "worth it" for the badges, which is silly.  MSRs give out decent XP, zombies should too.

Or was I "doing it wrong" somehow that I am unaware of?

If you got the double xp booster it would be 2 xp.....just saying. 

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

14 hours ago, Uun said:

Could be the way the league was set up. I believe that on a league, XP is allocated between teams based on percent of damage done, then shared across your team. If another team in the league did the majority of the damage, they would get most of the XP. It gets worse if league leader doesn't consolidate players into teams of 8. If you were on a team of 1 or 2, you would get very little XP. (You still get credit for the defeat for badges.)

If so, it's strange that I've never seen that with MSRs.  I'm pretty sure we were the only league fighting the zombies, and it was full, all teams of 8.  But I'm not 100% sure, so...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

47 minutes ago, TheZag said:

Our league leader says if you are getting little or no xp to drop group and be reinvited because its a bug.  Later it was said to be a bug with incandesence teleport.  Its never happened to me so i cant say for sure.

Thanks Zag, I'll keep that in mind for next time.

The threat here isn’t remotely comparable to MSR. More comparable to Rikti zone invasions. Well no not even that dangerous.. Except you can get an absolute buttload of merits.

So yeah. I was on one of these last night. Rewards seem about right for the risk (aka basically zero).

Edited by arcane

3 hours ago, arcane said:

The threat here isn’t remotely comparable to MSR. More comparable to Rikti zone invasions. Well no not even that dangerous.. Except you can get an absolute buttload of merits.

So yeah. I was on one of these last night. Rewards seem about right for the risk (aka basically zero).

Eh, sure, there's little risk with the zombie raid, but I think you're overstating risk in a MSR.   And as you say, you also get Vanguard Merits.  I think it's more appropriate to compare xp vs. time spent rather than risk in this case.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ignatz the Insane said:

Eh, sure, there's little risk with the zombie raid, but I think you're overstating risk in a MSR.   And as you say, you also get Vanguard Merits.  I think it's more appropriate to compare xp vs. time spent rather than risk in this case.  

Yes, I probably am. It’s more about the fact that MSR is a ton of +4 Elite Bosses whereas this Halloween stuff is half minion pumpkin heads.

And when I said a buttload of merits, I was talking about my ToT league last night, which yielded far more reward merits than I get from a typical league running 2 back to back MSR’s.

Also, the ToT league couldn’t have cared less if I was afk eating dinner, whereas MSR leaders usually kick you for running to the bathroom. 🙂

Edited by arcane
  • Like 1

Happen to be in th emiddle of an invasion right now. Level 28, minions are giving 55 xp, lts 183. (No idea about bosses, I'm just hovering on my MM.)

By comparison, an even con Tuatha warrior gives 219.

(No boosters, etc.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

15 hours ago, arcane said:

If that's "right" then it's a pointless event to have - even running around a zone to collect all the exploration badges gets you more XP and actual merits for the time.  This is would be a waste of time.

8 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

If that's "right" then it's a pointless event to have - even running around a zone to collect all the exploration badges gets you more XP and actual merits for the time.  This is would be a waste of time.

I made about 500 merits and millions of xp last night in PI sooo lol no that’s not true.

Not to mention it’s a dinky little holiday event and there’s zero reason it has to have the rewards of serious endgame content, but I digress.

Edited by arcane

2 hours ago, arcane said:

I made about 500 merits and millions of xp last night in PI sooo lol no that’s not true.

Not to mention it’s a dinky little holiday event and there’s zero reason it has to have the rewards of serious endgame content, but I digress.

The zombies are what we're talking about here.  Low XP makes them pointless.