Old Storm Kick animation?

Spaghetti Betty

Me and one of my friends got into a discussion about how many changes Martial Arts has received to become what it is today. Honestly quite a few if you think about it.

I had mentioned that one of the first changes I remember the set got was the spin kick animation for Storm Kick. I remember the power being pretty bad because of the ridiculously long animation it used to have. He had no clue what I was talking about. I don't blame him, that change was hella early into the game's lifespan.

However, I can't find any video proof of the old animation myself. Does anyone else have some?

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

I havent made a martial arts since being back.  Thinking about it now,  i havent seen any player use a parricular kick in a long time.  Is this the one where the character does a flip in the air and stabs the enemy with their foot in slow motion before doing another flip back to the ground? 

And ive certainly seen council bosses do something similar to this.

1 hour ago, TheZag said:

I havent made a martial arts since being back.  Thinking about it now,  i havent seen any player use a parricular kick in a long time.  Is this the one where the character does a flip in the air and stabs the enemy with their foot in slow motion before doing another flip back to the ground? 

And ive certainly seen council bosses do something similar to this.

That's Eagle's Claw. 

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

The original Storm Kick was a DoT where the character did repeated kicks with one extended leg. Basically the classic Chun-li kick from Street Fighter (except really really slow).

Sadly, even if the animation is still somewhere in the game's code, I imagine that it (along with the original panicked flailing animation that Claws and Spines used to have for T1 attacks) couldn't be implemented again anyway due to all the animation time changes powers have undergone since then. Even if they got sped up they'd still be miserable to use. x.x

Global is @El D, Everlasting Player, Recovering Altaholic.

Yep. Way back when the animation for Storm Kick was a flurry kick followed by one big kick. It sucked. Cobra Strike also did very little damage and Dragons Tail was a cone. MA wasn't all that great in the early days of CoH.

Edited by Spaghetti Betty

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

2 hours ago, El D said:

Sadly, even if the animation is still somewhere in the game's code, I imagine that it (along with the original panicked flailing animation that Claws and Spines used to have for T1 attacks) couldn't be implemented again anyway due to all the animation time changes powers have undergone since then. Even if they got sped up they'd still be miserable to use. x.x

I have no doubt in my mind that pretty much no one would use old Storm Kick if it was available. I'm just looking for some sort of proof that it existed in the first place.