New set of Inspirations

MsSmart

Was thinking of a new set of inspirations, perhaps you all have ideas of your own...

1) Range, increase the range of an attack. Even melee attacks can be made ranged. the Small/Med/Large adds 20/40/60 ft to an attack.

2) Duration, increase the duration of effects. Small/Medium/Large adds 1/2/3 minutes to duration

3) Recharge Rate, inspiration based haste, Small/Med/Large increases recharge by 10/20/30 percent

4) Magnitude Increase, inspiration status effect booster, Small/Med/Large adds +1/2/3 to mag potency

what do you all think

Sue

• Thumbs Up 2

Have often thought it would be great if they could add enhancement sets that would work and give set bonuses to sets that only take specific enhancements.

For instance:

On Brutes,

Fiery Aura: Fiery Embrace, Shield Defense: Active Defense, & Energy Aura: Entropic Aura & Energy Shield all only take Reduce Endurance/Attack Rate Enhancements.

Also, Shield defense: Against All Odds only takes Reduce Endurance, Attack Rate and Taunt. No Sets.

Electric Armor: Lightning Reflexes only takes Enhance Flight Speed or Enhance Run Speed, not Universal Travel or any sets.

Not chasing after an Uber build or anything like that, but it would be nice to put a Blessing of the Zepher in Electric::LR, and have some options other than plain SOs or IOs in some of the rest.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

I think there are already enough inspiration in this game. Adding more would further trivialize the game's mechanics. But if you're trying to have a fire sale and bring everything down to the level of ease that would pose no threat or challenge I recommend running Mender Ramiel's arc where the player gets the freeeeeeeem power and all their attributes maxed out. It's actually really boring playing this way. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Marine X said:

it would be nice to put a Blessing of the Zepher in Electric::LR, and have some options other than plain SOs or IOs in some of the rest.

Put in a Celerity:+Stealth IO, and now you have stealth you can't turn off. Also, it's an auto power, so any IO with end reduction is wasted, which makes a third to two-thirds of the sets either worthless or inferior to slotting a regular Run Speed or Flight Speed enhancement. This appears to be a disguised way of asking for an additional place to slot the BotZ knockback protection and WG slow protection for Electric Armor characters.

Edited by srmalloy
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, srmalloy said:

Put in a Celerity:+Stealth IO, and now you have stealth you can't turn off.

As Stated, the powers I listed accept NO sets, and only the enhancements I listed, and I listed Blessing of the Zepher for Lightning Reflexes as an example, it's knockback protection ( and a Universal Travel Enhancement, which this power will take Travel IOs, but not sets ), didn't disguise it at all and didn't intend any deception. It just seems weird that some Power Sets will have multiple powers that take no sets, then there are ones that every single power can ( cough! Invulnerability cough! ).

2 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

I think there are already enough inspiration in this game.

Not Sure, @Glacier Peak, what you thought I was advocating but my comment was just regarding Powers that cannot use Enhancement sets, not looking for more Uber Overpowered Toons, or a new kind of Inspiration, or new Enhancement Sets even, just would like to be able to slot some powers with Sets that cannot have Sets now, mostly to cover holes like knockback, etc. Admittedly Kind of tired of the power creep myself, but knockback and Mez are annoying.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

24 minutes ago, Marine X said:

As Stated, the powers I listed accept NO sets, and only the enhancements I listed, and I listed Blessing of the Zepher for Lightning Reflexes as an example, it's knockback protection ( and a Universal Travel Enhancement, which this power will take Travel IOs, but not sets ), didn't disguise it at all and didn't intend any deception. It just seems weird that some Power Sets will have multiple powers that take no sets, then there are ones that every single power can ( cough! Invulnerability cough! ).

Not Sure, @Glacier Peak, what you thought I was advocating but my comment was just regarding Powers that cannot use Enhancement sets, not looking for more Uber Overpowered Toons, or a new kind of Inspiration, or new Enhancement Sets even, just would like to be able to slot some powers with Sets that cannot have Sets now, mostly to cover holes like knockback, etc. Admittedly Kind of tired of the power creep myself, but knockback and Mez are annoying.

I wasn't responding to your post - I was responding to the OP. Sorry for the confusion.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think we need these new inspirations. And here's my reasoning:

• Boost range inspirations, would allow people to stack range, and then just snipe Hami from safety. My guild used to do that way back in the day with centrioles and boost range, there's a reason that was changed, because it minimized all risk. Also in PvP, you'd no longer be able to out run the range of your opponent.
  • Duration...thinking Tier 9s here. Do we just have people pop a pill and have Perma God mode? Also PvP mezes are precariously balanced around duration.
  • Recharge...Same thing here, now Perma hasten is one inspiration away.
  • Boost mag? Outside of trying to hold an AV with it's PToD's up, there's hardly anything outside of a raid that 2 applications of a mez won't hold.

This suggestion would be a huge amount of power creep.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, MsSmart said:

Was thinking of a new set of inspirations, perhaps you all have ideas of your own...

1) Range, increase the range of an attack. Even melee attacks can be made ranged. the Small/Med/Large adds 20/40/60 ft to an attack.

2) Duration, increase the duration of effects. Small/Medium/Large adds 1/2/3 minutes to duration

3) Recharge Rate, inspiration based haste, Small/Med/Large increases recharge by 10/20/30 percent

4) Magnitude Increase, inspiration status effect booster, Small/Med/Large adds +1/2/3 to mag potency

what do you all think

Sue

Melee attacks have a limited range for very specific reasons related to game balance.  Status effects have set magnitudes for very specific reasons related to game balance.  DoTs/debuffs/buffs have pre-determined durations for very specific reasons related to game balance.  And enhancements do most of this anyway, within the balance framework, and exist explicitly for the purpose of doing exactly what you're suggesting.  All of the inspirations you propose would throw that balance horrendously out of kilter.

I think it's a bad solution to a problem that doesn't exist.  Use enhancements.  That's what they're there for.

• Like 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

image.gif.c8cbdd3ab052e1e46beb4586b603b5d4.gif

• Thumbs Down 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

10 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

I think there are already enough inspiration in this game. Adding more would further trivialize the game's mechanics. But if you're trying to have a fire sale and bring everything down to the level of ease that would pose no threat or challenge I recommend running Mender Ramiel's arc where the player gets the freeeeeeeem power and all their attributes maxed out. It's actually really boring playing this way. 

Actually the OP's proposal is incredibly balanced. (Edit: outside of the duration insp which would be busted, and the mag increase insp could be changed to a minor power boost effect) First the insps they have proposed are hardly overbearing. Introducing more insps does not increase insp drop rate. Introducing more insps actually decreases the likelihood that the insp you want actually drops as well as makes it more difficult to combine insps. You can turn off the insps entering your inventory but they still drop. More insps that are turned off = less total insp drops. Their proposal would actually be a minor tone down to insp power while also adding more diversity.

Edited by DreadShinobi
  • Like 1

Currently on fire.