The Graveyard Shift (Homecoming Story Arc)

Peacemoon

Just completed this story arc for the first time yesterday and really loved it. The narrative is good, and I love the fact you can get an alignment point for the decisions you make! 

It was really cool going in through the roof rather than through the front door 😁

Finally the hints, sounds, music, ambushes and general gameplay elements (like the virus debuff) were all great. 

Actually one of the best arcs in game, superior to a lot of the stuff that was on live. You forget that this is a Homecoming arc. 

Edited by Peacemoon
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 4

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

HC Teams work is incredibly wonderful.  While not cranking out content at the rate of a full time paid Dev team I cannot say enough about how incredible the QUALITY of what they do is.  

The content they add is so wonderful, well thought out, and beautifully executed.  Their game balance decisions are remarkably sensible.  

whoever they are....these masked supers deserve all of our gratitude.

Edited by Snarky
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 8

15 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

Is it bad i didn't know about this? Well guess what i know what I'm doing this weekend. 

It's fun! LOTS of reading though, so make sure you don't have a lot of distractions going on

• Thumbs Up 2

I am @Chrono-Bot! SGs: Girls Gone Rogue Isles, The Helping Hands, The Orange Bagels, Paragon's Perfectly Normal Heroes. Server: Everlasting! See my characters, now with photos, below!

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33049-chrono-bots-characters/

I'm not NOT here to make friends.

1 hour ago, The_Warpact said:

What is this?

A new story arc that takes place after the events of the positron TF.

The basic premise of the story is “What happens to the Vahzilok after Dr Vahzilok gets arrested?”

It is really well done. Perhaps slightly overwritten in parts, but if you like a good narrative and interesting missions, then this a great one to do. Enjoy! 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

• Peacemoon changed the title to The Graveyard Shift (Homecoming Story Arc)

I changed the thread title to specially announce this is a Homecoming story arc, in case others don’t know!

Another thing I loved about the narrative - it has a more grounded/scientific story, which is nice because there is a lot of magic story arcs in the game now, so that was really nice! 

• Thumbs Up 3

Retired, October 2022.

Agreed. It's quite enjoyable. I love how some of the Freaks look even more like the demented mannequins a friend of mine used to create. (Man the 80's were fun) 

Spent so much time TFing on my latest toon that now would be a good time to Ouro the good stuff I missed along the way. 

Thanks for the timely reminder.

3 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

Is it bad i didn't know about this? Well guess what i know what I'm doing this weekend. 

In case you missed it, they also introduced a red side arc at the same time with Doc Buzzsaw as the contact.

• Thumbs Up 2

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Really enjoyed the hero one so went to talk to Buzzsaw and going to do the bad guy thing. I get the impression that this takes place sometime before Posi as Dr Vahz is  making threats. Is he not still locked up?  Is that accurate?

Edited by Sakai

Nope. The bad guy arc takes place after the events of the hero arc and after Posi 2. So Dr. Vahz is locked up in Brickstown.

As good as the hero arc is, I think the villain arc is even better. There are some great fight sequences and I absolutely love how your previous actions in the game influence how some of the story plays out.

1 hour ago, Sakai said:

Really enjoyed the hero one so went to talk to Buzzsaw and going to do the bad guy thing. I get the impression that this takes place sometime before Posi as Dr Vahz is  making threats. Is he not still locked up?  Is that accurate?

Although you might want to make sure you are doing the right story arc. Buzzsaw gives some earlier arcs that do take place before the events of the Graveyard Shift and Posi 2.

Thread looks better, glad I asked a question. 😉

I posted about my positive experiences with the graveyard shift story arc not long ago, thanking the devs and talking about how good it was, but no one replied to join in the discussion, other than @Snarky (somewhat ironically given his name!!). 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

17 hours ago, Sakai said:

It definitely takes place after Posi.  The Vahhilok are in disarray and looking for leadership.

Also:

Spoiler

You actually break into the Zig in one mission and run into Dr. Vahzilok (who is in a cell).

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.