Seeing things no one else sees

Tsugaru

Just sharing to see if anyone else has had this experience.

I was base editing and once I was done, I zoned out to Ouroboros.  It felt like I was still in base edit mode seeing an extra large grass patch under the waters of Ouroboros.   I asked in broadcast if anyone else can see it but, I guess it was just me.  I zoned out and back and it was gone. 

I'm glad I took a screenie because I know I'm not crazy... or maybe... just maybe

Ouroboros grass patch.jpg

• Thanks 1

Looks like you ended up "outside" the zone. I had that happen to a character when Siren's was rotated. Just get TP'd somewhere, maybe go back to and out of your base, and you should be fine. Worst comes to worst, ask for a GM.

(See below, attachment, for instance - Siren's, outside the war wall. If you look WAAAAAAAAY down on the lower right of the map, you can see part of my marker.)

screenshot_211021-07-14-31.jpg

Edited by Greycat
  • Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

6 hours ago, Tsugaru said:

SNIP

This actually looks like the resurfacing of a similar bug (dare I say exploit) that was patched last year involving the use of the old Teleport T4. I am assuming it used your /loc when you were editing your base to load in to the next zone that was chosen (or the last one you visited before entering your base). When you returned, you were teleported back to the previous zone using the coordinates in the buffer(?).

Being someone who is naturally curious about geometry errors and exploring spaces outside zones (see my signature) I will look to replicate this bug and report back here with my findings (or if serious enough, file a bug report).

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Just came to wave at Tsu 😛

• Haha 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

One of the mayhem missions for Founders I regularly fall through the map exiting the police station.  

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

4 minutes ago, Faultline said:

This may be a misplaced exit point for that door, will investigate.

Exit the police station to the street.  My fellow villain I saved says 'hey where did you go?'

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

• Lead Game Master

It looks like distance fog was temporarily disabled, allowing you to see All The Things (that would render properly, anyway). I believe other users have reported similair occurrences. Nothing to worry about, but cool when it happens (AP looks really nice like that. Other zones... not so much).

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

1 hour ago, starro said:

Exit the police station to the street.  My fellow villain I saved says 'hey where did you go?'

Yeah about 1 of 5 times doing that im doing too, but i fly up again until my char hit the water in front of the station then hit /stuck and im back on normal map... its like they placed a manhole trap in front of the exit ^^

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

8 hours ago, SuggestorK said:

Yeah about 1 of 5 times doing that im doing too, but i fly up again until my char hit the water in front of the station then hit /stuck and im back on normal map... its like they placed a manhole trap in front of the exit ^^

I do a /stuck command and I think that works most of the time.

There is something about breaking out a guy from jail and together burning down the town that is so enjoyable.