Coalitions still exist?

wjrasmussen

47 minutes ago, wjrasmussen said:

Back in live, I recall a lot of coalitions going on.   Haven't heard any mention of it since homecoming opened.  Are people using it?  What are the limits on the number of SG in a coalition?

Unless it has been changed, the limit is 10.

The main reason for coalitions back on live was that many SG's couldn't obtain all the 'cool stuff', generally due to not being able to earn enough prestige.  So they would coalition with an SG that had every zone teleporter, for example.  With prestige removed, this is no longer an issue.  BUT some people do still form coalitions.  My SG is in a coalition with another SG.  Just one.  Back on live, I was coalitioned with about 7.

• Thanks 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

53 minutes ago, wjrasmussen said:

Back in live, I recall a lot of coalitions going on.   Haven't heard any mention of it since homecoming opened.  Are people using it?  What are the limits on the number of SG in a coalition?

I'm not in a position to confirm the upper limit on HC now, but it's at least 9. The Paragon Wiki states that it's 10, and your SG would make the 11th. 

Edited by Ukase
  • Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, wjrasmussen said:

Haven't heard any mention of it since homecoming opened.  Are people using it?  What are the limits on the number of SG in a coalition?

Yes.

One of the supergroups that I'm involved with is coalition-ed with 5 other supergroups.

I don't know the limit.

" A single supergroup can coalition with up to ten other supergroups, forming a coalition of up to eleven." - https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Coalition

• Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

48 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

Unless it has been changed, the limit is 10.

The main reason for coalitions back on live was that many SG's couldn't obtain all the 'cool stuff', generally due to not being able to earn enough prestige.  So they would coalition with an SG that had every zone teleporter, for example.  With prestige removed, this is no longer an issue.  BUT some people do still form coalitions.  My SG is in a coalition with another SG.  Just one.  Back on live, I was coalitioned with about 7.

I forgot about prestige (I don't blame anyone for forgetting that!).   I thought it was more about communications but may just be my recall.

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!