A moment of hilarity and Lady Grey Hamidon

DrunkFlux

screenshot_211120-21-27-23.thumb.jpg.16aee69a79a3c94c8c16a18cf18ec942.jpg

So to explain whats happening here, me and my supergroup doing the weekly strike force, but we forgot holds.(OH NO!), seeing we couldn't defeat the green mitos(maybe?), we decided to just hamikazi Hamidon down with lore pets, we overwhelmed him easy.  to our surprise(and to be honest, I laughed myself silly), the mission wouldn't end, and we absolutely had to defeat the green mitos inspite the fact that Hamidon himself was dead.  So, wasn't sure where to put this to be honest.  Bug reports?  Suggestions?  I dunno, Hamidon was dead you'd think the mitos would go with him like in an actual hamidon raid :D.

We 'eventually' managed to defeat the green mitos from procs, 1 blaster with cryonic rounds + stun shot(for hold), it was still very funny that they didn't also die with hamidons defeat.

I'm just not sure if this should have gone in suggestions or bug report.....

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

I was on this team (Technician Savage! Hi!).  Hamidon is a true supervillain, taking our moment of hope and relief and turning it to abject despair.

But yeah, Hammy's such a rough experience during Lady Gray as is, I don't feel like he needs to add any extra hurdles to jump through, especially because this does feel like a bug, more than anything.

I believe that mitochondria originally evolved as independent organisms in the cell, so conceptually I’m ok with them outliving Hamidon.

But what I’m wondering is whether or not you could go to a P2W vendor and get something that would help.  There may not be a temp power, but doesn’t one of the origin powers have a hold component?

Who run Bartertown?

Perhaps.  I did realize after posting that what constitutes "alive" versus "dead" can be tricky to define, even at a cellular level ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibpdNqrtar0 ).

But at the very least the mitochondria should all tumble to the ground since the gelatinous solution they were suspended in is now gone, and become severely weakened due to the impact on the ground, no?

And given the amount of effort that sort of additional might entail versus just having them straight-up die when Hamidon does, I figured it makes more sense to introduce a kill code.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, GraspingVileTerror said:

I figured it makes more sense to introduce a kill code.

Apoptosis.  Yes, it should affect the Hamidon.  But we can presume Hamidon Pasalima was aware of apoptosis and specifically designed his creation without the necessary molecular triggers or pathways, giving it a sort of immortality.  And, extending the presumption, he also must've known that it would not be invulnerable to external trauma, so keeping the mitos "alive" once the primary structure was destroyed would allow him to extend that immortality through reproduction (by giving the mitos the capability to grow into new Hamidons).  Of course, that would require the mitos to have some means of communication in order to control the population of Hamidons (multiple Hamidons would lead to conflict over resources), which could be discovered and exploited in some way... but not in this game (sadly).

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

I could be wrong but i believe its because weakened hamidon is missing the kill mitos on death power or that he has it and the mitos from LGTF arent the same ones from a regular fight and dont get targeted by the power.  It could possibly be on purpose as well if it messes with mission completion.

/macro HamiExpert "powexeclocation thread Summon @BillyMailman"

• Haha 1

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

17 hours ago, Luminara said:

Apoptosis.  Yes, it should affect the Hamidon.  But we can presume Hamidon Pasalima was aware of apoptosis and specifically designed his creation without the necessary molecular triggers or pathways, giving it a sort of immortality.  And, extending the presumption, he also must've known that it would not be invulnerable to external trauma, so keeping the mitos "alive" once the primary structure was destroyed would allow him to extend that immortality through reproduction (by giving the mitos the capability to grow into new Hamidons).  Of course, that would require the mitos to have some means of communication in order to control the population of Hamidons (multiple Hamidons would lead to conflict over resources), which could be discovered and exploited in some way... but not in this game (sadly).

2 minutes ago, BillyMailman said:

You don't even need me on this one. I literally reported this as a bug months ago. Full explanation for the devs as to why it's not working, links to City of Data, etc.

But isn't you linking to that post doing exactly what's needed here, oh Citadel of CoD? 😛

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter