Beast and Kinetics

ninpon78

When I got my beast/kin to 38, one thing I immediately noticed (and hated) was that since my Dire Wolf likes to stand back and use all of his ranged attacks first. This means he's usually NOT in range of enemies for Fulcrum. So instead of using attack orders, I have to use goto then attack or just drag his fluffy ass in myself and risk taking an alpha. It's very annoying, especially in groups where I have to get them in quick before one of my teammates decides to use his T9 damage AoE to murder all the minions and deprive the rest of us of our big damage boost.

Sure I can work around it, it's just very annoying.

Still leveling my beast kin. He’s low 20’s now.  But so far it’s pretty fun. The beasts are like fire and forget DOTs. Sure you have to manage them but since they are melee they are usually right beside you zooming at 100,000 miles per hour.   

Just imagine how great it will be if they can fix the 33% non attack gap that beasts have

• Like 1

• 1 month later

This thread was one of the reasons I started a beast/kin.  I've been enjoying her immensely.  I recently added Repel+Sudden Acceleration KB to KD (knockback to knockdown).  Lots of mobs are resistant but plenty of them are not, so I get to stand in the middle of a gang of bouncing bad guys while my pets tear them up.  I didn't expect this build to farm, and it can handle +1 purple elite bosses just fine.  This build is also very welcome on teams because of SB and healing.  Lots of fun!

On 6/6/2019 at 3:03 PM, Wintervoid said:

With all that said, you can hit cap at 50 with both ATIO (+15% & +10%) and the two regular IO (Both +5%) w.o Fortify.  In the end, I see it basically being used similar like it is now, a panic button for when you start go get cascading failures on defense and/or vs high +to hit mobs.  Useful, but not as needed as I originally thought. 

Interesting info your post, but I'm not following the math here.    The "Command of the MM"  ATIO  for +15% Def IO is only for AOE positional defense, (leaving you exposed to Melee, Ranged...and weird attacks that don't have a positional component...).  What's the 2nd ATIO buff?     It seems like you might counting on a non-Superior "Command of the MM".    If so, it would only be more AOE positional defense,  but also you can't slot both the Superior and normal AT in the same toon....      

So with /Kin you have access to:

Maneuvers w/IO Enhancement               4%  
Pet +5% Def IO's 2 * 5%= 10%  
Beasts themselves are base

11% / 12% / 12%

Total base  25% / 26% pet defense  

Beyond that you have Lion's Roar, Pack Mentality and also Incarnate powers for more Def:

Lion's Roar added a 4.5% Def,  which in my testing with enhancements went to 6%.   So that's another 12% Def.  But I found it only lasts 15s, and there's on average a 40s - 45s  cool down before they cast Roar again.  So not going to be able to count on that and my sense is at something like 1/4 uptime it's probably not even worth using precious Lion pet slotting on Def. 

Fortify Pack - Interesting idea about using Powerboost on it.   Also, it can be enhanced with Def IO's.   LOTG: +Rech being an obvious optimal slot use.   4 Stacks enhanced by IO and Agility incarnate looks like it will get them 21% which with their base from above is soft cap.  More than 4 stacks get impressive quickly.

Fortify Pack

Stacks 56% Enh 70% Enh w/ Alpha Agility 70% & Powerboost
0 Stacks     5+0=5 7.8% 8.5% 11.8%
4 Stacks     5+4=9 14.0% 15.3% 21.2%
6 Stacks     5+6=11 17.2% 18.7% 25.4%
7 Stacks     5+7=12 18.7% 20.4% 30.6%
8 Stacks     5+8=13 20.3% 22.1% 30.6%
10 Stacks 5+10=15 23.4% 25.5% 35.3%

But Fortify Pack has a 240s Recharge and only a 60s duration.  So like Illusions PA you need around +200 Rech to make it perma.   Additionally, you can only get the stacks needed for those higher buff numbers after combat has already started, and you've built stacks.    So the pets have to survive the early combat without being soft capped at least long enough for you to (1) build stacks, then (2) activate Powerboost and (3) cast 'Fortify Pack.'       You're probably going to need to be on teams, so someone else can take the initial Aggro and Alpha before you let your Beasts go in.      Or maybe you need Incarnate Destiny Barrier +Def to open with.  By the time Barrier diminishes, you'd have stacks built up...     At that point maybe Powerboost isn't needed, since if you can build up 6 stacks you're soft capped without it, and it will be faster to get 'Fortify Pack' up mid battle if you don't have to 1st cast PB. 

Anyway, interesting theory crafting stuff. Thanks for kicking it all off!    Makes Beasts seem more viable than I'd guessed...  But seems like /Kin builds would need to prioritize 'Siphon Speed' to help hit that 200% Rech to keep Fortify Pack perma.

Edited by Dr Causality

• 10 months later

Like others I have searched for a Bestkin Build.   I was pasting together Other MM/kin builds with Beast parts. But I am pretty new to the game, Not even a month in.  And I think I will eventually understand the lingo. I like to learn this class both because it is quite fun and I like to rollplay.

Thanks for the help.  Currently I am using 0 enhancements except for the 5 we get from P2W. And quite surprised how well the build does. SO once I figure out the enhancements I think it will totally own.

I don't PVP So not sure if this build will be what I am looking for. And I was noticing that on occasion, even after stay command, my pets jump up if they can get near me and take a lot of falling damage. SO I subbed some things like TP friend (from one build) for Group Flight. Going to see how that works and how it helps floaters.

As far as controlling my beasties I use the Dire wolf as the main focus.  I stay targeted on her most all times. flip her on aggressive and  I will follow if needed. I use the attack command on the occasions my pack is dispersed and they come attack what ever the Dire is attacking.  But mainly what this helps me do is use my Kinetics far quicker.  I don't need to target and cast. And they chew through toys fast so this really helps not waste time.

I also have a Beast Nature. Not as pleased because Nature is quite positional.  The beasts often are not on the patch of Living spores and the regrowth is directional so I miss a pet some times lest I am back a bit. But I am toying with it. But in Kinetics transfusion has me spoiled.

With Beasts/Kin, I think the key realization is to operate on a sliding scale of mitigation vs. damage. In full damage mode, you've got all pets attacking, no Fortify and you largely just stand back and watch the chaos. In full mitigation mode, you've got half your pets sitting in Bodyguard and you're using Fortify to keep the rest alive. Remember, Kinetics isn't just Fulcrum Shift for a lot of +damage - it also has significant -damage, ally buffs and the best multi-target heal around.

I'm a saaad panda when my doggos die so I built my panda to take the alpha so my doggos can not die. Since y'all are begging for a build...

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Alpha Panda: Level 50 Natural Mastermind
Primary Power Set: Beast Mastery
Secondary Power Set: Kinetics
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Summon Wolves -- SprMarofS-Dmg(A), SprMarofS-Acc/EndRdx(3), AchHee-ResDeb%(3), SlbAll-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SvrRgh-PetResDam(5), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(7)
Level 1: Transfusion -- TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(A), Prv-Heal(7), TchoftheN-Heal/HP/Regen/Rchg(21), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Prv-Heal/Rchg(40)
Level 2: Call Hawk -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(9), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(9), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19)
Level 4: Super Jump -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(45)
Level 6: Train Beasts -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(33)
Level 10: Siphon Speed -- PcnoftheT-Acc/Slow(A), PcnoftheT-Dmg/Slow(19), PcnoftheT-Acc/EndRdx(21), PcnoftheT-Rng/Slow(25), PcnoftheT-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(25), PcnoftheT--Rchg%(45)
Level 12: Summon Lions -- SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen(A), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(13), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(13), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(15), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg(17)
Level 14: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(17), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(46), LucoftheG-Def(50)
Level 16: Increase Density -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 18: Maneuvers -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(33), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(37), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(39), RedFrt-Def(40), RedFrt-EndRdx(43)
Level 20: Speed Boost -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 22: Tactics -- RctRtc-ToHit(A), RctRtc-Pcptn(23), HO:Cyto(23)
Level 24: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Summon Dire Wolf -- SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprMarofS-Dmg/EndRdx(27), SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef(27), EdcoftheM-PetDef(29), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), AchHee-ResDeb%(33)
Level 28: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(39)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(31), Rct-Def/EndRdx(31), Rct-ResDam%(31)
Level 32: Tame Beasts -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Transference -- PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/End(36), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(36), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(36), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(43), PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(43)
Level 38: Fulcrum Shift -- Acc-I(A), Acc-I(39), RechRdx-I(46)
Level 41: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(42), ShlWal-Def(42), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(42)
Level 44: Fortify Pack -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(45), Rct-Def/Rchg(46)
Level 47: Call Ravens -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(48), Artl-Dam/Rech(48), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(48), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(50), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(50)
Level 49: Siphon Power -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Alpha Howler Wolf
Level 1: Howler Wolf
Level 1: Pack Mentality
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- UnbLea-Stlth(A)
Level 1: Supremacy
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/End(34), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(34), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(34), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(37), PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(37)
Level 12: Lioness
Level 26: Dire Wolf
Level 0: Born In Battle
Level 0: High Pain Threshold
Level 0: Invader
Level 0: Marshal
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany
Level 50: Melee Core Embodiment
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon
------------

The pets are not enhanced for damage to ED cap but FS and siphon power can remedy that so it was not as big an eyesore for me when I look at the numbers. Jury is still out on the need for perma fortify as I haven't gotten it yet. If I an trying to solo +4/8 then yeah I can see wanting to go that path but I made a /kin to team and I haven't had any major issues with pet survival. If one or two doggos die to a hard hit I'm a sad panda for a second and then I just re-summon them mid combat. Team buffs and aggro redirect usually means no additional doggos die. I'm level 40 right now but I do have my IO slotted and last night I found myself soloing a few even con x8 spawns on a citadel with no issue.

I generally don't set pet AI to aggressive, I find that is a good way for pets to aggro half the map. I focus fire and direct all my pets to 1 target at a time through call hawk, and I bind increase density to petcomall follow defensive.

I do have my sprint bound to petcomall follow aggressive. But one thing I noticed is that when I change pet ai behavior to aggressive it takes about 10 seconds for the pets to actually change behavior and auto attack nearby targets, not sure if this is WAI or a bug.

• Like 1

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

23 minutes ago, Hjarki said:

and the best multi-target heal around.

In a fight between 2 heals with an accuracy check I'll take /Dark's heal that emanates from you VS Kinetic's heal that emanates from the target any day. Not that I don't think Kin is good or anything, I'm actually play a Beast/Kin right now but it certainly doesn't have the best heal

3 hours ago, Seigmoraig said:

In a fight between 2 heals with an accuracy check I'll take /Dark's heal that emanates from you VS Kinetic's heal that emanates from the target any day. Not that I don't think Kin is good or anything, I'm actually play a Beast/Kin right now but it certainly doesn't have the best heal

Kinetics' heal is twice as large and twice as fast. The fact that it heals around the target is actually an advantage with the melee-centric Beasts, since you can just target a Beast and heal it at range while you'd need to be close proximity to heal it with Dark.

Few questions about this all because I am new to game.  

To what is 1/4 or 2/3 referring?

How can I tell how much Pack Mentality I have built up?

I was not aware that Fortify Pack stacked. I thought it was a one cast till one died buff.

Welcome to the best game evar!

1/4 and 2/3 probably mean difficulty. First number is the level increase in mobs, second is the spawn size. So 1/4 means mobs are +1 level relative to the mission and spawned for a team of 4. You can adjust your difficulty through the little speech bubble icon at the bottom right of the chat box where you type. There are options for notoriety there.

Pack mentality is a autopower, under your health bar there are buff icons, right click there and unselect the hide autopowers radial dial and you'll start seeing pack mentality stacks.

Edited by Nemu

Jezebel Delias

I am the Inner Circle!

I've tried different pets with /Kin, and I've been underwhelmed with them. This is probably because I'm used to /Dark and being a Tankermind (leaving my pets in Defensive/Follow so they take some of the damage I take). Without something to give them extra defense/resistance, they die pretty quick.

7 hours ago, Mageman said:

I've tried different pets with /Kin, and I've been underwhelmed with them. This is probably because I'm used to /Dark and being a Tankermind (leaving my pets in Defensive/Follow so they take some of the damage I take). Without something to give them extra defense/resistance, they die pretty quick.

If your pets are in Bodyguard mode, they shouldn't be taking any non-AE damage since they won't be drawing aggro. Since they're right on top of you, they're easily healed with Transfusion (the largest team heal in the game). Even if you are taking AE, all your pets should be soft-capped vs. AE between the pet uniques and the ATO unique (even without Fortify).

With Bodyguard, the damage you take is reduced by your defense/resist but is then distributed across the pets without regard for their defense/resist.

2 hours ago, Hjarki said:

If your pets are in Bodyguard mode, they shouldn't be taking any non-AE damage since they won't be drawing aggro. Since they're right on top of you, they're easily healed with Transfusion (the largest team heal in the game). Even if you are taking AE, all your pets should be soft-capped vs. AE between the pet uniques and the ATO unique (even without Fortify).

With a NinKin, it's hard to prevent the Ninjas from taking aggro even with using Provoke. Some mob will shoot at me from outside Provoke's radius, one or two Genin will yell "Defend the Master!!!", and run off to kick them in the face. At that point, unless I call them back with a Follow (which slows down their attacks since it resets their aggro list), they will draw aggro and take damage outside of healing range. It's accounting for 90% of the henchmen deaths... as long as they're near me, they're fine, but melee henchmen will move away from me to attack someone.

I'm sure the case would be the same for Beasts... fast henchmen with only melee attacks won't stay within a Tankermind/healing bubble, unfortunately 😞 . At least Beasts can have real defenses and some resists, and survive their occasional forays away from their master. Ninjas live down to their expendability reputation.

45 minutes ago, Coyote said:

With a NinKin, it's hard to prevent the Ninjas from taking aggro even with using Provoke. Some mob will shoot at me from outside Provoke's radius, one or two Genin will yell "Defend the Master!!!", and run off to kick them in the face. At that point, unless I call them back with a Follow (which slows down their attacks since it resets their aggro list), they will draw aggro and take damage outside of healing range. It's accounting for 90% of the henchmen deaths... as long as they're near me, they're fine, but melee henchmen will move away from me to attack someone.

I'm sure the case would be the same for Beasts... fast henchmen with only melee attacks won't stay within a Tankermind/healing bubble, unfortunately 😞 . At least Beasts can have real defenses and some resists, and survive their occasional forays away from their master. Ninjas live down to their expendability reputation.

I don't particularly care that much about the Wolves' attacks. You can also macro 'Follow' for them to your attacks so they always stay close by. Since they're melee, the fact that they're close by means they can't attack if they don't leave your side.

• 8 months later
  • 8 months later
On 7/10/2020 at 7:24 AM, Nemu said:

I'm a saaad panda when my doggos die so I built my panda to take the alpha so my doggos can not die. Since y'all are begging for a build...

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Alpha Panda: Level 50 Natural Mastermind
Primary Power Set: Beast Mastery
Secondary Power Set: Kinetics
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Summon Wolves -- SprMarofS-Dmg(A), SprMarofS-Acc/EndRdx(3), AchHee-ResDeb%(3), SlbAll-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SvrRgh-PetResDam(5), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(7)
Level 1: Transfusion -- TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(A), Prv-Heal(7), TchoftheN-Heal/HP/Regen/Rchg(21), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Prv-Heal/Rchg(40)
Level 2: Call Hawk -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(9), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(9), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19)
Level 4: Super Jump -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(45)
Level 6: Train Beasts -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(33)
Level 10: Siphon Speed -- PcnoftheT-Acc/Slow(A), PcnoftheT-Dmg/Slow(19), PcnoftheT-Acc/EndRdx(21), PcnoftheT-Rng/Slow(25), PcnoftheT-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(25), PcnoftheT--Rchg%(45)
Level 12: Summon Lions -- SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen(A), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(13), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(13), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(15), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg(17)
Level 14: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(17), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(46), LucoftheG-Def(50)
Level 16: Increase Density -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 18: Maneuvers -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(33), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(37), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(39), RedFrt-Def(40), RedFrt-EndRdx(43)
Level 20: Speed Boost -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 22: Tactics -- RctRtc-ToHit(A), RctRtc-Pcptn(23), HO:Cyto(23)
Level 24: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Summon Dire Wolf -- SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprMarofS-Dmg/EndRdx(27), SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef(27), EdcoftheM-PetDef(29), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), AchHee-ResDeb%(33)
Level 28: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(39)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(31), Rct-Def/EndRdx(31), Rct-ResDam%(31)
Level 32: Tame Beasts -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Transference -- PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/End(36), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(36), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(36), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(43), PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(43)
Level 38: Fulcrum Shift -- Acc-I(A), Acc-I(39), RechRdx-I(46)
Level 41: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(42), ShlWal-Def(42), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(42)
Level 44: Fortify Pack -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(45), Rct-Def/Rchg(46)
Level 47: Call Ravens -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(48), Artl-Dam/Rech(48), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(48), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(50), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(50)
Level 49: Siphon Power -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Alpha Howler Wolf
Level 1: Howler Wolf
Level 1: Pack Mentality
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- UnbLea-Stlth(A)
Level 1: Supremacy
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/End(34), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(34), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(34), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(37), PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(37)
Level 12: Lioness
Level 26: Dire Wolf
Level 0: Born In Battle
Level 0: High Pain Threshold
Level 0: Invader
Level 0: Marshal
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany
Level 50: Melee Core Embodiment
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon
------------

The pets are not enhanced for damage to ED cap but FS and siphon power can remedy that so it was not as big an eyesore for me when I look at the numbers. Jury is still out on the need for perma fortify as I haven't gotten it yet. If I an trying to solo +4/8 then yeah I can see wanting to go that path but I made a /kin to team and I haven't had any major issues with pet survival. If one or two doggos die to a hard hit I'm a sad panda for a second and then I just re-summon them mid combat. Team buffs and aggro redirect usually means no additional doggos die. I'm level 40 right now but I do have my IO slotted and last night I found myself soloing a few even con x8 spawns on a citadel with no issue.

I generally don't set pet AI to aggressive, I find that is a good way for pets to aggro half the map. I focus fire and direct all my pets to 1 target at a time through call hawk, and I bind increase density to petcomall follow defensive.

I do have my sprint bound to petcomall follow aggressive. But one thing I noticed is that when I change pet ai behavior to aggressive it takes about 10 seconds for the pets to actually change behavior and auto attack nearby targets, not sure if this is WAI or a bug.

I'm really enjoying this build! Could you unpack the reasoning behind Melee Hybrid for me? It's the only thing I didn't 100% understand (mostly because I've never used it). Is it for the self status protection?

Edited by Glowman

Status protect and resistance. It adds another layer to your personal survival so you can be the batman your paw patrol need.

Jezebel Delias

I am the Inner Circle!

• 1 year later

Late to the party...I went with Nature originally with my puppies and kitties. No sad panda here as they almost never die, what with all the debuffs and buffs and mucho healing.

Sure, I'm just a baby sitter, but sok, I know my place in the pack... 😉

Game over man, game over!