Beast and Kinetics

ninpon78

As I am trying to find a niche as I love pet classes, does anyone have a quick guide or build on how Kinetics might play with beasts? I wanna kind of run in all Tarzan like and be able to survive with pets in bodyguard mode. I have looked and am unable to find anything on how one builds with Kinetics...is it just THAT bad lol. Any build helpo for beast / kentics would be awesome. Maybe even throw together a base power set for me to work with and experiment with and see how well i survive.

Thank you

Easy rule of thumb with Kinetics ... TAKE ALL THE POWERS.

Some of them will be One Slot Wonders, like the Increase Density and Inertial Reduction powers.  Some will only need minimal slotting.  Some will need Frankenslotting to get the most of out them.

And then you'll start getting into Set Bonuses, and it's all going to go haywire on you.

Kinetics really is something of a mixed bag of powers, as far as investing in them goes ... but all of them have their uses ... except maybe Repel.  Repel is the most "skippable" power in Kinetics, although with a lot of work, cunning and clever use of game mechanics, you can make Repel "work" for you, under the right conditions.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

The beasts all have superjump so you can actually skip the group superjump buff unless you want it for yourself. That's about the only power I'd "consider" in Kinetics.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

The beasts all have superjump so you can actually skip the group superjump buff unless you want it for yourself. That's about the only power I'd "consider" in Kinetics.

Err, super leap is not super jump, it's the power that basically all mobs have so they can get vertical distance and you can't like, stand on top of a building and snipe them with impunity, but it doesn't give them any noticeable *speed* improvement when jumping. Kinetics' super jump granting power does.

On the other hand it doesn't really help any because the pets aren't smart enough to start jumping for speed, sooo...

Playing one now and at 36.  I started it because I wanted to see what a Perma/Power Boosted Fortify the Pack would be like.  So, let me address that first.

Fortify the Pack gives your pets 5% defense + 1% per stack of pack mentality.  At low levels, you will have 2-4 stacks normally, after 32 it is not that tough to reach 7-8+.  Lets say you get 4 stacks normally.  That is 10% def.  Slotted is 16%.  Boosted that is about 24% (Someone correct my numbers if wrong).  Add that to the base defense (10-12.5% depending on level) and you are most the way to being capped.  Add 4% from Maneuvers(slotted). Add the two 5% I/Os and your are capped (Or near capped w/o Power Boost). 

With all that said, you can hit cap at 50 with both ATIO (+15% & +10%) and the two regular IO (Both +5%) w.o Fortify.  In the end, I see it basically being used similar like it is now, a panic button for when you start go get cascading failures on defense and/or vs high +to hit mobs.  Useful, but not as needed as I originally thought. 

Okay, as far as how it plays.....it plays like all Kin...fast.

The damage is pretty good, and since all your pets are (mostly) melee, you can gather them for buffs/heals mid combat by selecting a target for them.  That is useful in a fast paced combat.  With Speed Boost, they get there fast. 

Another thing that is different then most MM's is I took the personal attacks.  Early on I used the single target attack fairly often, and the AoE sparingly.  I recently speced out of the AoE strictly because of time cnstraints and aggro management as I turn up the group sizes.  The reason attacks are better here then many other MM's is because the can add stacks of Pack mentality (not guaranteed) and that with Siphon Power, your attacks hit a bit harder.  I figure if I am not draining my end, I am leaving damage on the table. 

I skipped Repel and Inertial Reduction, and power pools I took so far are Sorcery (just speced into the Fly and single target attack to get the status protection on the 3rd power), Maneuvers and tactics and of course Hasten.

The only time the set felt a bit weak was at 21 as I had not had anything slotted.  From 22 on it has been a powerhouse, and one of my favorite MM's.  It is very active.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With all that said, you can hit cap at 50 with both ATIO (+15% & +10%) and the two regular IO (Both +5%) w.o Fortify.  In the end, I see it basically being used similar like it is now, a panic button for when you start go get cascading failures on defense and/or vs high +to hit mobs.  Useful, but not as needed as I originally thought.

I believe that you cannot slot both the regular and Superior versions of the Command of the Mastermind ATO +Def enhancement at the same time. Even if you could, those are AoE defense only, so...

Easy rule of thumb with Kinetics ... TAKE ALL THE POWERS.

Some of them will be One Slot Wonders, like the Increase Density and Inertial Reduction powers.  Some will only need minimal slotting.  Some will need Frankenslotting to get the most of out them.

And then you'll start getting into Set Bonuses, and it's all going to go haywire on you.

Kinetics really is something of a mixed bag of powers, as far as investing in them goes ... but all of them have their uses ... except maybe Repel.  Repel is the most "skippable" power in Kinetics, although with a lot of work, cunning and clever use of game mechanics, you can make Repel "work" for you, under the right conditions.

Even Repel has its uses.

I believe that you cannot slot both the regular and Superior versions of the Command of the Mastermind ATO +Def enhancement at the same time. Even if you could, those are AoE defense only, so...

I actually noticed the AOE aspect after I posted, and TBH, I am kinda glad.  It brings more value back to Fortify.  As far as slotting both, I had read that you could, but I was skeptical.

Currently playing at +1/4 and cruising.  I tried +2/3 but had some issues vs CoT and face planted a few times before being a bit more cautious.  I was able to keep everything alive pretty easily under a 6-7 stack of Fortify, but I don't have enough recharge to have that up every fight (And you need a bit to build the stacks first)

The main problem with kin on an MM is there's very little mitigation (a little -dmg, -rech, -spd and -end) which means your pets are going to die from aoe if you're tankerminding, and probably just die period, I can't see how you could ever get up to +4s with kin solo at least.  One of its biggest upsides normally is the +recharge, but that doesn't affect your pets, so you're throwing out about 1/3 to 1/2 the reason to take it, there's still some reason for the +recharge on yourself, but more if you were playing thugs or demons which have a long recharge extra pet power.  If you're on a team, at least the kin part is pretty well received.  I've played around a bit with a thugs/kin and it's o.k. so far, but I wouldn't put it anywhere near the level of storm, dark, traps or time for an MM.

• Like 1

Playing one now and at 36.  I started it because I wanted to see what a Perma/Power Boosted Fortify the Pack would be like.  So, let me address that first.

Fortify the Pack gives your pets 5% defense + 1% per stack of pack mentality.  At low levels, you will have 2-4 stacks normally, after 32 it is not that tough to reach 7-8+.  Lets say you get 4 stacks normally.  That is 10% def.  Slotted is 16%.  Boosted that is about 24% (Someone correct my numbers if wrong).  Add that to the base defense (10-12.5% depending on level) and you are most the way to being capped.  Add 4% from Maneuvers(slotted). Add the two 5% I/Os and your are capped (Or near capped w/o Power Boost). 

Okay, as far as how it plays.....it plays like all Kin...fast.

The damage is pretty good, and since all your pets are (mostly) melee, you can gather them for buffs/heals mid combat by selecting a target for them.  That is useful in a fast paced combat.  With Speed Boost, they get there fast. 

Another thing that is different then most MM's is I took the personal attacks.  Early on I used the single target attack fairly often, and the AoE sparingly.  I recently speced out of the AoE strictly because of time cnstraints and aggro management as I turn up the group sizes.  The reason attacks are better here then many other MM's is because the can add stacks of Pack mentality (not guaranteed) and that with Siphon Power, your attacks hit a bit harder.  I figure if I am not draining my end, I am leaving damage on the table. 

I skipped Repel and Inertial Reduction, and power pools I took so far are Sorcery (just speced into the Fly and single target attack to get the status protection on the 3rd power), Maneuvers and tactics and of course Hasten.

The only time the set felt a bit weak was at 21 as I had not had anything slotted.  From 22 on it has been a powerhouse, and one of my favorite MM's.  It is very active.

Nifty, I hadnt realized you can defcap beasts without a secondary.  That said you cant really perma it due to being unable to gather stacks while fortify is active (for the next one).  Though even with 0 stacks and the special ios and their base def, you can defcap against aoe with 0 stacks.

The main problem with kin on an MM is there's very little mitigation (a little -dmg, -rech, -spd and -end) which means your pets are going to die from aoe if you're tankerminding, and probably just die period, I can't see how you could ever get up to +4s with kin solo at least.  One of its biggest upsides normally is the +recharge, but that doesn't affect your pets, so you're throwing out about 1/3 to 1/2 the reason to take it, there's still some reason for the +recharge on yourself, but more if you were playing thugs or demons which have a long recharge extra pet power.  If you're on a team, at least the kin part is pretty well received.  I've played around a bit with a thugs/kin and it's o.k. so far, but I wouldn't put it anywhere near the level of storm, dark, traps or time for an MM.

The best Mitigation is near Perma Fortify.  As stated above, you need stacks to do it, but you can get 4 stacks pretty quickly into battle...but that means you have taken an Alpha.  I am still playing around with it, but I am thinking/hoping there will be a way to make it work consistently. 

Another side note, when I Speed Boost the pets, on their combat tab it does show they have 50% recharge.  I am guessing it is just a UI error, but I will test it out sometime to see if it actually is working.  I assume not, but should be pretty easy to test.

It has been years since I played a MM, so it is hard to compare to my previous MMs.  The only other comparable MM I have now is a 36 Necro/Cold, and I think the Beast/Kin is more survivable.  (In a big part due to the heal spam and/or when they are under Fortify)

The best Mitigation is near Perma Fortify.  As stated above, you need stacks to do it, but you can get 4 stacks pretty quickly into battle...but that means you have taken an Alpha.  I am still playing around with it, but I am thinking/hoping there will be a way to make it work consistently. 

Another side note, when I Speed Boost the pets, on their combat tab it does show they have 50% recharge.  I am guessing it is just a UI error, but I will test it out sometime to see if it actually is working.  I assume not, but should be pretty easy to test.

It has been years since I played a MM, so it is hard to compare to my previous MMs.  The only other comparable MM I have now is a 36 Necro/Cold, and I think the Beast/Kin is more survivable.  (In a big part due to the heal spam and/or when they are under Fortify)

They have the +50% recharge buff, it just doesn't *do* anything, because their powers are all flagged as "Does not benefit from +recharge"

• Like 1

So, played a bit this weekend and now at 39.  Running  +1/4  pretty comfortably, although I do hit an occasional problem when I get cocky. 

I did test and they get no recharge benefit from speed boost.  I figured what I read was correct, but only took a few minutes to test.  Since we are running i25, figured it wouldn't hurt to make sure there were no stealth changes.

With Fulcrum Shift, things really are melting.  Still mostly single target, but each target goes down fast. 

As far as defense, I am feeling pretty good.  If there is no boss, they survive pretty well with just Transfusion.  Vs a Boss, I send in and wait about 5 seconds and then trigger Fortify, which will generally be 4-5 stacks by then.  I have tested vs Purple bosses, and I can mostly just stand back with an occasional Transference, but for the most part, with Fortify at 5ish stacks, Maneuvers and 2 +5 Defense IO, they are pretty hardy.  I think that puts them at 12% innate, 17% Fortify, 3% Maneuvers and 10% I/O puts them near cap w/o Powerboost.  If a Lion roars, they are at cap (Lions give 6% Def for 15 seconds every minutes) I do often lose 1 T3 wolf from the boss if they have a strong single target attack before Fortify though.  Add in the natural resistances and added resistance Increase density adds (and 1 10% resistance I/O) and they are more durable then my Necro/Cold zombies. 

When I do die, it is generally because I have gotten aggro and not dealt with it correctly.  I am also poor at ambushes, but both of those issues are because I rarely play in bodyguard mode and am slow to react and/or take myself out of bodyguard inadvertently because I am so used to directing attacks. 

I also tried some grouping, and it went well, but with Kin, I would expect no less.  Pets generally stay out of the way, but speed boosted wolves pulling a second group is a real concern. 

This is a VERY active character.  I am always doing something, and with Transference and personal attacks, I don't have the excuse of being out of end.  (As far as personal attacks, I just have the Hawk and the one from Sorcery.  Adds some DPS, but also the Hawk brings down most flyers and the Sorcery one is required for the Mez protection.  I may drop Hawk at some point.  I had the AoE, but I found it drew too much aggro.)

• 4 weeks later

I know you're probably not asking for a pvp build but I created one for 8v8 arena/zone pvp.  The only thing else I would take in this build if I was doing strictly pve is fulcrum shift. The pets are running around at either capped or close to capped movement speed with 150%+ damage and 60%+ acc. The pets also crit which is really nice.

Villain Plan by Mids' Villain Designer 2.22

http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Mastermind

Primary Power Set: Beast Mastery

Secondary Power Set: Kinetics

Power Pool: Concealment

Power Pool: Leadership

Power Pool: Speed

Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Villain Profile:

Level 1: Summon Wolves

• (A) Soulbound Allegiance - Chance for Build Up
  • (3) Superior Command of the Mastermind - Accuracy/Damage
  • (3) Superior Command of the Mastermind - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (5) Superior Command of the Mastermind - Recharge/Pet +AoE Defense Aura
  • (5) Explosive Strike - Chance for Smashing Damage
  • (7) Touch of Lady Grey - Chance for Negative Damage

Level 1: Transfusion

• (A) Touch of the Nictus - Healing
  • (25) Touch of the Nictus - Accuracy/Healing
  • (25) Touch of the Nictus - Accuracy/Endurance/Heal/HitPoints/Regeneration
  • (31) Accuracy IO

Level 2: Siphon Power

• (A) Accuracy IO
  • (9) Accuracy IO

Level 4: Stealth

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed
  • (7) Shield Wall - Defense/Endurance
  • (23) Shield Wall - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • (39) Shield Wall - Endurance/Recharge

Level 6: Train Beasts

• (A) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 8: Assault

Level 10: Siphon Speed

• (A) Pacing of the Turtle - Accuracy/Slow
  • (11) Pacing of the Turtle - Accuracy/Endurance
  • (11) Pacing of the Turtle - Range/Slow
  • (13) Pacing of the Turtle - Chance of -Recharge
  • (13) Accuracy IO

Level 12: Summon Lions

• (A) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Damage/Endurance
  • (15) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Accuracy/Endurance
  • (15) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Endurance/Pet +Resist +Regen
  • (17) Superior Command of the Mastermind - Damage/Endurance
  • (17) Superior Command of the Mastermind - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (19) Superior Command of the Mastermind - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge

Level 14: Tactics

• (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Endurance
  • (31) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff
  • (33) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge/Endurance
  • (33) Rectified Reticle - Increased Perception

Level 16: Increase Density

• (A) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP
  • (33) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)
  • (34) Gladiator's Armor - Resistance
  • (34) Gladiator's Armor - Resistance/Rech/End
  • (34) Gladiator's Armor - End/Resist
  • (37) Gladiator's Armor - Recharge/Endurance

Level 18: Invisibility

Level 20: Speed Boost

• (A) Efficacy Adaptor - EndMod
  • (37) Efficacy Adaptor - EndMod/Endurance
  • (37) Run Speed IO

Level 22: Hasten

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO
  • (40) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 24: Super Speed

• (A) Winter's Gift - Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range
  • (39) Winter's Gift - Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range/Endurance

Level 26: Summon Dire Wolf

• (A) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (27) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Accuracy/Damage
  • (27) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Damage
  • (29) Impeded Swiftness - Chance of Damage(Smashing)
  • (29) Expedient Reinforcement - Resist Bonus Aura for Pets
  • (31) Touch of Lady Grey - Chance for Negative Damage

Level 28: Inertial Reduction

• (A) Unbounded Leap - Endurance
  • (40) Unbounded Leap - Jumping
  • (40) Unbounded Leap - +Stealth

Level 30: Fortify Pack

• (39) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Recharge
  • (42) Miracle - Heal/Recharge
  • (42) Miracle - Heal/Endurance/Recharge
  • (46) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • (50) Luck of the Gambler - Endurance/Recharge

Level 32: Tame Beasts

Level 35: Scorpion Shield

• (A) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage
  • (36) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed
  • (36) Kismet - Accuracy +6%
  • (36) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)
  • (43) Shield Wall - Defense/Endurance
  • (43) Shield Wall - Defense/Endurance/Recharge

Level 38: Phase Shift

Level 41: Web Envelope

• (A) Trap of the Hunter - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (42) Trap of the Hunter - Accuracy/Endurance
  • (43) Trap of the Hunter - Accuracy/Immobilize/Recharge
  • (46) Trap of the Hunter - Immobilize/Accuracy

Level 44: Web Cocoon

• (A) Gladiator's Net - Accuracy/Hold
  • (45) Gladiator's Net - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (45) Gladiator's Net - Recharge/Hold
  • (45) Gladiator's Net - Endurance/Recharge/Hold
  • (46) Gladiator's Net - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge/Hold

Level 47: Transference

• (A) Performance Shifter - EndMod/Accuracy/Recharge
  • (48) Performance Shifter - EndMod/Accuracy
  • (48) Efficacy Adaptor - EndMod/Accuracy
  • (48) Efficacy Adaptor - EndMod/Accuracy/Recharge
  • (50) Performance Shifter - Accuracy/Recharge

Level 49: Power Boost

• (50) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 1: Brawl

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Sprint

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Supremacy

Level 2: Rest

• (A) Empty

Level 4: Ninja Run

Level 2: Swift

• (A) Run Speed IO

Level 2: Health

• (A) Miracle - +Recovery
  • (21) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb
  • (21) Numina's Convalesence - +Regeneration/+Recovery
  • (23) Panacea - +Hit Points/Endurance

Level 2: Hurdle

• (A) Jumping IO

Level 2: Stamina

• (A) Performance Shifter - EndMod
  • (9) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End
  • (19) Performance Shifter - EndMod/Accuracy

Level 0: Born In Battle

Level 0: High Pain Threshold

Level 0: Invader

Level 0: Marshal

Level 50: Intuition Radial Paragon

------------

Seems to me that Beast/Kin is made for the TankerMind.

Three of the Kin powers are Targeted Area of Effect, and two are PBAoE, which means that if your not in the scrum with them somebodies not getting the buffs or the heal.

Also unlike most of the useless MM attacks, all of the Beast attacks have secondary functions. Swarm has -Def, -Speed, is fast and you add the P2W Knockdown (And I figure a knockdown after 21.), and you are knocking them down all the time. It's hilarious to watch a Shotgun MOB get knocked off its feet after firing its shotgun, because the knockdown on Swarm kicked in at the same time. Hawk has -To Hit, Chance for Knockdown, and -Fly, and there has been a number of times that I've knocked the MOB down, and then knocked it down again with the other attack.

I'm only level 12 at this time, and am worried that this all disappears at higher level, but this is how I fight my Beasts right now.

I open on the highest MOB with Swarm and Siphon. I wait for the Alpha, spreading around the wealth with Bodyguard, and then rush towards it hitting it with Swarm and Hawk, and Beast Attack, but only 1 of the three, leaving the other two on Bodyguard. I ignore the Minion MOBs at this time, and my bodyguards pick them up. We're in the scrum now so I hit Swarm and Transfusion, and finish the MOB (With Sands right now.), and then turn to the remaining minions, and help clean up whats left with Swarm, Transfusion, and Hawk. When I get a runner it is often bracketed so it cant go anywhere, and when it is able to run, it runs away very slowly because of Swarm. When it runs I immediately call my Beasts back (Def/Follow All command.), and hit the MOB with Swarm, and sometimes Hawk. Even at +1 we are often pretty much healed up at this time. Even Ambushes don't affect me that much (Unless it's a fricken purple.), because I'm already used to being in the scrum.

Now I know that most MMs, and most gamers, do not like being in the scrum, but I find I like it as long as I have the tools, and Beast/Kin seems to have those tools... at least right now.

if you are able to do all of that and keep increase density on the pets making them immune to knockback, you may have something here.

granted you have to cast increase density 5 times every 90s to make that happen, but knockback is the biggest pain in the ass for mm's in general. the only secondary with any way to protect the pets from it is kin

you do need to massage this in pines to see if you can softcap yourself if you plan to tankermind. you are very vulnerable to CC

if you are able to do all of that and keep increase density on the pets making them immune to knockback, you may have something here.

granted you have to cast increase density 5 times every 90s to make that happen, but knockback is the biggest pain in the ass for mm's in general. the only secondary with any way to protect the pets from it is kin

you do need to massage this in pines to see if you can softcap yourself if you plan to tankermind. you are very vulnerable to CC

Thanks for the input.

Increase Density, is now a AoE so I only have to hit it once every so often. What would be really nice is if it affected me as well as my pets, or my pets AoE buffs affected me as long as I was within range of them.

I've already seen the affects of CC when faced off with a Named Lt. It slept both me and my Striker, but did not get my Bodyguards. I try now to put the MOB in the middle, between me and my Striker, that way as long as it's not a PBAoE it will only get one of us, and try to remember I have a Breakfree available.

Increase Density, is now a AoE so I only have to hit it once every so often. What would be really nice is if it affected me as well as my pets, or my pets AoE buffs affected me as long as I was within range of them.

FYI, the mez protection part of Increase Density is not AoE, only the Smashing resistance, AFAIK.

• Like 1

I know you're probably not asking for a pvp build but I created one for 8v8 arena/zone pvp.  The only thing else I would take in this build if I was doing strictly pve is fulcrum shift. The pets are running around at either capped or close to capped movement speed with 150%+ damage and 60%+ acc. The pets also crit which is really nice.

Villain Plan by Mids' Villain Designer 2.22

http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Mastermind

Primary Power Set: Beast Mastery

Secondary Power Set: Kinetics

Power Pool: Concealment

Power Pool: Leadership

Power Pool: Speed

Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Villain Profile:

Level 1: Summon Wolves

• (A) Soulbound Allegiance - Chance for Build Up
  • (3) Superior Command of the Mastermind - Accuracy/Damage
  • (3) Superior Command of the Mastermind - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (5) Superior Command of the Mastermind - Recharge/Pet +AoE Defense Aura
  • (5) Explosive Strike - Chance for Smashing Damage
  • (7) Touch of Lady Grey - Chance for Negative Damage

Level 1: Transfusion

• (A) Touch of the Nictus - Healing
  • (25) Touch of the Nictus - Accuracy/Healing
  • (25) Touch of the Nictus - Accuracy/Endurance/Heal/HitPoints/Regeneration
  • (31) Accuracy IO

Level 2: Siphon Power

• (A) Accuracy IO
  • (9) Accuracy IO

Level 4: Stealth

• (7) Shield Wall - Defense/Endurance
  • (23) Shield Wall - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • (39) Shield Wall - Endurance/Recharge

Level 6: Train Beasts

Level 8: Assault

Level 10: Siphon Speed

• (A) Pacing of the Turtle - Accuracy/Slow
  • (11) Pacing of the Turtle - Accuracy/Endurance
  • (11) Pacing of the Turtle - Range/Slow
  • (13) Pacing of the Turtle - Chance of -Recharge
  • (13) Accuracy IO

Level 12: Summon Lions

• (A) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Damage/Endurance
  • (15) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Accuracy/Endurance
  • (15) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Endurance/Pet +Resist +Regen
  • (17) Superior Command of the Mastermind - Damage/Endurance
  • (17) Superior Command of the Mastermind - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (19) Superior Command of the Mastermind - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge

Level 14: Tactics

• (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Endurance
  • (31) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff
  • (33) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge/Endurance
  • (33) Rectified Reticle - Increased Perception

Level 16: Increase Density

• (A) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP
  • (33) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)
  • (34) Gladiator's Armor - Resistance
  • (34) Gladiator's Armor - Resistance/Rech/End
  • (34) Gladiator's Armor - End/Resist
  • (37) Gladiator's Armor - Recharge/Endurance

Level 18: Invisibility

Level 20: Speed Boost

• (A) Efficacy Adaptor - EndMod
  • (37) Efficacy Adaptor - EndMod/Endurance
  • (37) Run Speed IO

Level 22: Hasten

• (40) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 24: Super Speed

• (A) Winter's Gift - Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range
  • (39) Winter's Gift - Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range/Endurance

Level 26: Summon Dire Wolf

• (A) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (27) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Accuracy/Damage
  • (27) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Damage
  • (29) Impeded Swiftness - Chance of Damage(Smashing)
  • (29) Expedient Reinforcement - Resist Bonus Aura for Pets
  • (31) Touch of Lady Grey - Chance for Negative Damage

Level 28: Inertial Reduction

• (A) Unbounded Leap - Endurance
  • (40) Unbounded Leap - Jumping
  • (40) Unbounded Leap - +Stealth

Level 30: Fortify Pack

• (39) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Recharge
  • (42) Miracle - Heal/Recharge
  • (42) Miracle - Heal/Endurance/Recharge
  • (46) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • (50) Luck of the Gambler - Endurance/Recharge

Level 32: Tame Beasts

Level 35: Scorpion Shield

• (A) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage
  • (36) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed
  • (36) Kismet - Accuracy +6%
  • (36) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)
  • (43) Shield Wall - Defense/Endurance
  • (43) Shield Wall - Defense/Endurance/Recharge

Level 38: Phase Shift

Level 41: Web Envelope

• (A) Trap of the Hunter - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (42) Trap of the Hunter - Accuracy/Endurance
  • (43) Trap of the Hunter - Accuracy/Immobilize/Recharge
  • (46) Trap of the Hunter - Immobilize/Accuracy

Level 44: Web Cocoon

• (A) Gladiator's Net - Accuracy/Hold
  • (45) Gladiator's Net - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (45) Gladiator's Net - Recharge/Hold
  • (45) Gladiator's Net - Endurance/Recharge/Hold
  • (46) Gladiator's Net - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge/Hold

Level 47: Transference

• (A) Performance Shifter - EndMod/Accuracy/Recharge
  • (48) Performance Shifter - EndMod/Accuracy
  • (48) Efficacy Adaptor - EndMod/Accuracy
  • (48) Efficacy Adaptor - EndMod/Accuracy/Recharge
  • (50) Performance Shifter - Accuracy/Recharge

Level 49: Power Boost

• (50) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 1: Brawl

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Sprint

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Supremacy

Level 2: Rest

• (A) Empty

Level 4: Ninja Run

Level 2: Swift

• (A) Run Speed IO

Level 2: Health

• (A) Miracle - +Recovery
  • (21) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb
  • (21) Numina's Convalesence - +Regeneration/+Recovery
  • (23) Panacea - +Hit Points/Endurance

Level 2: Hurdle

• (A) Jumping IO

Level 2: Stamina

• (A) Performance Shifter - EndMod
  • (9) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End
  • (19) Performance Shifter - EndMod/Accuracy

Level 0: Born In Battle

Level 0: High Pain Threshold

Level 0: Invader

Level 0: Marshal

Level 50: Intuition Radial Paragon

------------

Is there a PVE variation of this build? This is literally the only beast/kin build I've ever found on the entirety of the internet. (Maybe I'm just blind lol)

FYI, the mez protection part of Increase Density is not AoE, only the Smashing resistance, AFAIK.

Well this is discouraging; Kin is already a 'Meh' set to run, being graphically boring, and requiring To Hit with pretty much any power that is useful to the Kin, including the one That Shall Not Be Named.

and requiring To Hit with pretty much any power that is useful to the Kin, including the one That Shall Not Be Named.

Fortunately, there's a way to favorably resolve that issue ... it's called "slotting Accuracy enhancements" with a side order to ToHit Buffing from Tactics.

Beyond that, you're on your own.

Also, should any of your operatives be captured or faceplant, the Mastermind Club will disavow any knowledge of your existence.  Good luck.

This Contact window will auto-close in 5 seconds.

• Haha 2

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

and requiring To Hit with pretty much any power that is useful to the Kin, including the one That Shall Not Be Named.

Fortunately, there's a way to favorably resolve that issue ... it's called "slotting Accuracy enhancements" with a side order to ToHit Buffing from Tactics.

Beyond that, you're on your own.

You can't actually resolve the issue, because no mater how many Accuracy Enhancements, or To Hit buffs you get, you can never go above 95, and CoH's RNG is wonkey, there was a reason the Streakbreaker was put into the early CoH.

Or did the CoHH Devs fix the RNG, or make it so you can go above 95?

I have not had Accuracy issues with /Kin.  Transfusion will occasionally miss, but I spam so much that it is mainly to top off, or maybe I will lose a wolf in most circumstances.  Transference is also a top off in most cases, or I can pop a blue if needed.    Speed Boost is not critical, just nice to have.  And as for Fulcrum shift, I generally don't sweat it too much if I only hit 7 of 8 in the group. 

As far as control, I have not had a huge issue with control on my pets, even though I generally don't ID all of them.  Control needs to hit to affect them, and even without fortify, they sitting at 25ish defense.  I will say that I do not normally play as a tankermind, and control on me can be an issue for my survivalbility.  I have KB protection I/Os as well as Rune of Protection.  Not great for prolonged encounters, but doable. 

As I have said before, this is not a top tier combo, but it sure is fun.  I have been playing tons of alts, but this is the toon I go back to when I want to shred things.