Hit Rate

GoldenAvariel

58 minutes ago, Pzn said:

If it ain't broke don't fix it

I would say the ease of reaching the defense soft cap is absolutely broken, but the playerbase would never allow it to be fixed. Not when they can just switch to another server.

19 minutes ago, Vanden said:

I would say the ease of reaching the defense soft cap is absolutely broken, but the playerbase would never allow it to be fixed. Not when they can just switch to another server.

I don't consider it broken.  It's simply how the game works.  No need to mess with the fundamentals when they are already adding more difficult content.

1 hour ago, Vanden said:

It does cost lots of money (gucci build) or compromises your offense (artillery/thunderstrike build) while still having no DDR and having multiple holes. At least for AT/powersets that are not inherently defensive to begin with. There are still dangerous high level enemies out there. 

Wow! Thanks for the interesting discussion. I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. All I wanted was a way to automatically save the combat log to my hard drive as it is generated so I could analyse it closer.  To be honest, my 9-10% chance to miss in that particular instance seemed about right for my overall experience but I wanted thousands of rolls to look at, not a bit over a hundred which is apparently as many as I can get at a time in my visible combat log in-game. 

I'm not sure I want the game changed so much as someone with inner-vision on the code to setup a piece of diagnostic code to verify the RNG & to-hit formulas really are random and not prone to being as lopsided as it feels and go from there.

But I do agree with the people who say this doesn't seem to be a problem in other games. I know that I sometimes see my torpedoes miss in Star Trek and my combos don't always activate in FFXIV, but it isn't nearly as often as I see MISS pop up in COH. I don't THINK it's the obvious MISS message that makes it more obvious, but maybe it is.

For the record, I'm also that table-top & board-game player whose dice are always cursed - my entire life. My lack of luck with RNG's of all types have been a running joke with every party/person I've ever played any sort of game with. I'm not sure what I did to deserve such karma but the old "lucky at cards unlucky at love" proverb has been quoted in reverse to me many times in my life because while my dice hate me, I've been very happily married for more than 40 years. And in the end, it's just a game and as long as I'm having fun with friends, I'm good.