Positive Gamer No Longer Playing CoH, Very Horrible Story

Solarverse

3 hours ago, Solarverse said:

This thread was not about Drama, it was about saying farewell and making a point that harassment is unacceptable...and since that harassment happened on this server, it was relevant. The only drama between the video and here, happened right here, on this forum.

Supposedly happened, we have no more proof of that than the word of the theoretical victim and some meager data that could be easily fabricated, no one is arguing the wrongs of bullying someone, and is uncontestable that 99.9% of Homecoming players reject and denounce such practices, what is being rejected is the assumption that the half an hour self pity publicity pitch has anything to do with what really transpired. So far I am leaning heavily on that direction, I know in my own flesh how strictly fair and quick to act are GM's in Homecoming, I have also experienced in first person how patient, attentive and easy going are the Devs even when one is being kinda an annoying asshole; the Hamidon Raid issue as has been discussed already at large, can be given the benefit of the doubt for both involved parties, the rest is hardly plausible.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Σαυτὸν ἀρίθμησον πρότερον καὶ γνῶθι σεαυτόν,

καὶ τότ᾽ ἀριθμήσεις γαῖαν ἀπειρεσίην.

1 hour ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Once again, no. Murder in the first degree is with premeditation. Murder in the second degree is without premeditation, but it's still murder.

*sigh* I can't believe I'm having to explain this to adults. Do they not teach any of this in school any more?

In the first, as pointed out, Murder is defined as “killing without justification. Therefore 1st degree is planned out and without justification.  Here is the thing, the definition itself states that the killing can be justified.  It did not say all killing is Murder, merely that which has not been justified.   Therefore one only need to “find” a justification and or an authority figure who has a justification and has sanctioned you to act and the incident is no longer murder.  In the First. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

*sigh* I can't believe I'm having to explain this to adults. Do they not teach any of this in school any more?

... Law school, maybe? They didn't go into the ins and outs of the various types and degrees of murder back when I was in school. They let the cafeteria handle that.

• Haha 10

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

57 minutes ago, wjrasmussen said:

Do we know for a fact that the story is true?

I have said many times that the story as he tells it is unknown to be true or untrue. The only way for him to prove it, is to publicly oust the perpetrators, which he does not want to do. I am sure there are guidelines against doing this anyway, so it would be difficult to do so without breaking rules of Youtube, or Homecoming for that matter. He is not known for being a liar though, so honestly I have no reason to suspect that his story is made up.

2 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Once again, no. Murder in the first degree is with premeditation. Murder in the second degree is without premeditation, but it's still murder.

Oh boy… go back to 1L. You left a lot out there. Don’t they teach adults to come correct anymore?

(hint - “unlawful” doesn’t appear in any common law penal code. Not even a good try.)

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

13 minutes ago, Nyghtmaire said:

Oh boy… go back to 1L. You left a lot out there. Don’t they teach adults to come correct anymore?

(hint - “unlawful” doesn’t appear in any common law penal code. Not even a good try.)

Pretty sure this is all over the philosophy of Vampires, which makes this conversation strange to begin with, lol

• Haha 1

On 1/1/2022 at 10:28 AM, Solarverse said:

If what Positive Gamer is saying here is true, I have to say, shame on the people who behaved this way. Grown adults acting like teenage kids. Absolutely ridiculous. PG, if you ever see this, hope you come back one day and play the game. Don't let other people's drama run you off, my man. Good luck to you wherever you end up.

What exactly are ''Naked sewer runs''?

I'm intrigued...

spacer.png

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

39 minutes ago, Ashington said:

What exactly are ''Naked sewer runs''?

I'm intrigued...

spacer.png

Don't know, but it sounds like fun, count me in! Just so long as it's not a sausage fest...

Edited by Solarverse
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Albion said:

Supposedly happened, we have no more proof of that than the word of the theoretical victim and some meager data that could be easily fabricated, no one is arguing the wrongs of bullying someone, and is uncontestable that 99.9% of Homecoming players reject and denounce such practices, what is being rejected is the assumption that the half an hour self pity publicity pitch has anything to do with what really transpired. So far I am leaning heavily on that direction, I know in my own flesh how strictly fair and quick to act are GM's in Homecoming, I have also experienced in first person how patient, attentive and easy going are the Devs even when one is being kinda an annoying asshole; the Hamidon Raid issue as has been discussed already at large, can be given the benefit of the doubt for both involved parties, the rest is hardly plausible.

Better watch out, some might say it was pulled out of a vacuum or something.  This is why websites have rules against bringing these types of threads into their house.  This thread should now be locked.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

• City Council

This thread has pretty thoroughly derailed beyond my poor power to correct it, so I will lock it.

That said, if you are being harassed in game or by means of the forums or the official discord, we do have some power to correct that. Please feel free to report such conduct.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 4
"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!