Positive Gamer No Longer Playing CoH, Very Horrible Story

Solarverse

If what Positive Gamer is saying here is true, I have to say, shame on the people who behaved this way. Grown adults acting like teenage kids. Absolutely ridiculous. PG, if you ever see this, hope you come back one day and play the game. Don't let other people's drama run you off, my man. Good luck to you wherever you end up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I will never understand getting so invested in game that you would attack someone. I enjoy the hell out of CoH but if it wasn't fun I wouldn't do it. And being mad isn't fun.

Now that said, I find this video so hard to watch. He talks in "clickbait" : constantly saying he is about to tell you something, get ready for it, don't leave a comment yet, wait till you hear it

.......so annoying.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, SuperPlyx said:

I will never understand getting so invested in game that you would attack someone. I enjoy the hell out of CoH but if it wasn't fun I wouldn't do it. And being mad isn't fun.

Now that said, I find this video so hard to watch. He talks in "clickbait" : constantly saying he is about to tell you something, get ready for it, don't leave a comment yet, wait till you hear it

.......so annoying.

I started to let it play.    The man starts talking, the icon showing how much time is left on the video indicates he has a LOT to say….   No one gets that much of my time. Not without paying me.  So type it out or say it quick. Or make a LOTR extended trilogy… but i aint watching it.  In related matters i do not like to “watch” news.  I prefer to read data and draw conclusions.   If some slick presenter has a ton of “facts” it is too easy to be mesmerized.  Vampires are aware.  So, type out what happen.  Let me decide.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 8

This guy left HC a long while ago. When he wasn't allowed to post video content, he went to one of the alternate servers. Any of this drama he is stating, did it even happen here on HC? I don't want to know, so I'm not going to watch it.

Edited by KC4800
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 8
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

4 hours ago, Solarverse said:

If what Positive Gamer is saying here is true, I have to say, shame on the people who behaved this way. Grown adults acting like teenage kids. Absolutely ridiculous. PG, if you ever see this, hope you come back one day and play the game. Don't let other people's drama run you off, my man. Good luck to you wherever you end up.

TLDW? It's 30 minutes. With global ignore it's not like you can harass somebody effectively. Don't like the changes? That's any game you don't own or run. PG is very clickbait and it's like I'm leaving.

Take your ball and go home it's all good.

• Thumbs Up 3

22 minutes ago, Papa Sirius said:

Don't like the changes?

Just to clarify to the TLDW people... PG had no complaints about game changes.  He mentioned the no streaming thing of course.  He was a streamer after all.  But the rest was just personal drama and burnout.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

34 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

Soooo . . . what happened?

Disclaimer - I don't know PG from Atom Ant, and I don't get the whole streaming thing at all.  That said, here are the bullet points I took away from it:

• 4:49 His group accidentally crashed a regular Hami raid and he, personally, got a lot of harrassment from it for a long period of time.
  • 8:37 A lot of his SG officers were kicking people for political beliefs and/or "not being good enough."  After trying (and failing) to get those officers to stop, he basically stripped all officer privileges except one.  Harrassment ensued, almost to the point of doxxing.
  • 16:30 Some alleged fallout with the CoH team about streaming a beta server event or something.  I don't really want to say more, because it sounds fuzzy and circumstantial to me.
  • 21:52 Personal burn-out.  We've all been there.

I have no idea if any of his specific claims are true, nor, frankly, do I really care.  I'm mainly posting for the benefit of people whose lives are so very, very busy.  However, the first two claims ring a little too true with my experiences in MMOs.  People lose perspective easily, invest themselves in MMOs too much, and start to translate "play" as "work."  And if their "work" is interrupted or otherwise hampered, too many players get too righteous and angry about it.  Unfortunately this is as true for CoH (both Live and on private servers) as it is for any other MMO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 14
  • Thumbs Up 4

Man, times have changed.  Back on Live, a person would just post their flounce from the game on the forums (followed by the obligatory “Can I have your stuff?” replies).  Posting a 30-minute video about it…well, we truly are living in a modern age.

• Like 1
  • Haha 18
  • Thumbs Up 4

Lets assume all is true and happend like he claim it to be, ive stopped at 15 minutes....

1. How can u not know regular announced times for something like Hami on the main server you are Playing and foremost streaming, heck i know the time on my server and never have done a hami cause it isnt my cup of tea.

He took Actions and got basklash, that the amout of backlash he got is not anywhere in a good scale there is no doubt.

2. Leading a group is not fun evryone knows this.. as much he says, both sides overacted.. maybe some more then others.

3. There is no discussion.. if the team says no that is a no. Obey the rules or go somewhere the rules are different.

4. acceptable evryone decides what he does or does not.. just telling it all in a video  i do not understand, probably its a streamer thing, i dont really understand social media and the hype about it anyway

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

10 minutes ago, Zhym said:

Man, times have changed.  Back on Live, a person would just post their flounce from the game on the forums (followed by the obligatory “Can I have your stuff?” replies).  Posting a 30-minute video about it…well, we truly are living in a modern age.

Can I have their stuff?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, SuggestorK said:

1. How can u not know regular announced times for something like Hami on the main server you are Playing and foremost streaming, heck i know the time on my server and never have done a hami cause it isnt my cup of tea.

Is there a sign-up sheet for Hami raids somewhere?

4 minutes ago, SuggestorK said:

3. There is no discussion.. if the team says no that is a no. Obey the rules or go somewhere the rules are different.

His claim was that he was invited to stream by the CoH team.

9 minutes ago, SuggestorK said:

i do not understand, probably its a streamer thing, i dont really understand social media and the hype about it anyway

The purpose of the video was to answer the people who asked him why he wasn't streaming (or playing) CoH any more.  As far as reasons go, burnout is a pretty solid one.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Solarverse said:

Wasnt this the guy that was selling personal merchandise using City of Heroes intellectual property while playing in Homecoming, therefore fucking us up, then ran away to other servers, had a huge drop on viewers, then started talking crap of HC and playing victim?

Edit: he was by the way, it was just a rhetorical question, he made his own bed and should sleep on it.

Edited by Albion
  • Thanks 10
  • Thumbs Down 1

Σαυτὸν ἀρίθμησον πρότερον καὶ γνῶθι σεαυτόν,

καὶ τότ᾽ ἀριθμήσεις γαῖαν ἀπειρεσίην.

5 hours ago, Solarverse said:

shame on the people who behaved this way.

Yep ^

It's one thing to strongly disagree, it's another to make it personal.

5 hours ago, SuperPlyx said:

He talks in "clickbait"

I agree it is annoying but that's what he does. Heck, I annoy plenty of folks.

IF Postive Gamer took any steps to try and make sure this didn't happen to other folks, I'll applaud that.

If they didn't, then shame on PG too.

Don't just talk about it, tell someone who can do something.

Likely a bunch happened on a platform outside of this forum and in game channels. Just my 'feel' of it.

The HC team does what they can, but without people's help they can only do so much addressing things that find their way to a free platform.

Edited by Troo
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

4 minutes ago, Troo said:

Yep ^

It's one thing to strongly disagree, it's another to make it personal.

I agree it is annoying but that's what he does. Heck, I annoy plenty of folks.

IF Postive Gamer took any steps to try and make sure this didn't happen to other folks, I'll applaud that.

If they didn't then, shame on PG too.

Don't just talk about it, do something.

Likely a bunch happened on a platform outside of this forum and in game channels. Just my 'feel' of it.

The HC team does what they can but without peoples help; they can only do so much addressing toxicity that finds it's way to a free platform.

Its pure clickbait and victim card play, I used to follow him and saw the debacle myself, he was leaking viewers as he transitioned to less populated and active servers and more as he leaned towards the anti Homecoming crew point of view, now suddenly we seem to have forced him out of enjoying CoH, yeah not buying it, he used to erase my messages on his videos pointing out stuff he engaged into that was not entirely beneficial to NCSoft allowance of rogue servers.

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Albion said:

Its pure clickbait and victim card play, I used to follow him and saw the debacle myself, he was leaking viewers as he transitioned to less populated and active servers and more as he leaned towards the anti Homecoming crew point of view, now suddenly we seem to have forced him out of enjoying CoH, yeah not buying it, he used to erase my messages on his videos pointing out stuff he engaged into that was not entirely beneficial to NCSoft allowance of rogue servers.

Yeah, I see what you are saying. I don't know what's drama and what's not. 

I'm just on record saying it's not right to harass someone for months on end, bully, or try and post their address with threats. Regardless of the situation.

A little ribbing for announcing "I'm streaming, join my channel" in game.. okay.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

10 minutes ago, Albion said:

Missy Doctor Who GIF - Missy Doctor Who Awkward - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 4

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

28 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Missy Doctor Who GIF - Missy Doctor Who Awkward - Discover & Share GIFs

Sounds like a real 🍑 this guy. A real mensch. 

• Like 2

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

3 minutes ago, Aurora_Girl said:

Sounds like a real 🍑 this guy. A real mensch. 

Word, if you see some comments on the post of the subreddit and who posted it, you can tell is clickbait+lipservice to the conspiracy crowd
LVtvSuW.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheOtherTed said:

Is there a sign-up sheet for Hami raids somewhere?

On Torchbearer they are announced, two of them back to back, every weekday around 5pm. I don't do Hami but see the messages like clockwork. So many times I can almost repeat the various jokes about Hamicide and the Monty Python references.

Then Saturday and Sunday noon I believe (I am often out of the house at these times so have experienced the announcements less than on weekdays) along with the 5pm Hami raids.

Did I mention I don't do Hami raids? [Largely because when I tried a few a good while back there was a presumption you knew what was going on with minimal instruction--though I admit there was instruction.]

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't do Hami raids either - never saw the point of 'em.  But on Everlasting I can't remember seeing a Hami raid announcement.  If it's not announced on General or LFG, I definitely wouldn't see it.  If it's a one-off system blurb, I probably wouldn't notice it.  If, as PG claims, he hadn't done Hami on Homecoming before that one attempt, there's no reason to believe he'd automatically see or know about such announcements.

A quick PSA to everyone in this thread, then I'll bow out of it.  There is a difference between hearsay, anecdotal evidence, and actual, you know, evidence.  Again, I'm not out to defend PG - never heard of him before today - but I can see that this thread has already started to slip down the self-righteous witch-hunt path.

Edited by TheOtherTed
Further explanation
  • Thumbs Up 2