JJDrakken's Random Builds

JJDrakken

If you're up for it, I could use builds for a couple toons.  I like to play my blasters at range, but if you think the combination's better for up close, I can adapt.

Energy/Mental Blaster, Psi/Atomic Blaster, Water/Ice Blaster, and a Psi/Ninja scrapper.

You're awesome for doing this for everyone, and you deserve all the praises for it, because I really don't think it's said enough.

Could really use some help with a Fire/Empathy corruptor if and when you get a chance. SJ for travel, must have Spirit Ward. Otherwise I'm pretty flexible. I'm looking to do lots of damage while also being good support.

Thank you in advance!

Being an altoholic, I read the forums a lot, looking for ideas and/or information about good powerset combos. Even if a given post/thread includes a build, I always come here and look for that given build, to see your take on things. That means I'm visiting this thread daily, often multiple times a day. Almost all of my characters are based on your builds, and many of those are built verbatim, so to speak, with no changes. What I'm trying to really express is that your time, expertise and dedication are very much appreciated, and I'm quite sure I'm not alone in that regard. Well done, old bean!

Now that I've buttered you up sufficiently (kidding - every word of the above is true for me), may I request a Dark/Time Controller, please?

And do take care of yourself! Hydrate, get fresh air, sleep in if you can!

• Like 1

On 5/23/2021 at 12:39 PM, Mugshot said:

LOVE THIS THREAD! Thanks for all of the tips and builds!

Any chance you can redeem a pretty bad combo? Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute? It worked conceptually, and failed in execution. Cheers!

On 5/23/2021 at 12:44 PM, arson054 said:

Such an awesome repository of builds, thank you so much for doing this for us all!

I'm looking for:

MM: Beast/Nature

Scrapper: Psi Melee/Bio

Corruptor: Water/Time

Thank you again for everything!

On 5/23/2021 at 6:22 PM, Arkane said:

If you're up for it, I could use builds for a couple toons.  I like to play my blasters at range, but if you think the combination's better for up close, I can adapt.

Energy/Mental Blaster, Psi/Atomic Blaster, Water/Ice Blaster, and a Psi/Ninja scrapper.

You're awesome for doing this for everyone, and you deserve all the praises for it, because I really don't think it's said enough.

On 5/24/2021 at 3:24 AM, Bearserker said:

Could really use some help with a Fire/Empathy corruptor if and when you get a chance. SJ for travel, must have Spirit Ward. Otherwise I'm pretty flexible. I'm looking to do lots of damage while also being good support.

Thank you in advance!

On 5/24/2021 at 8:52 AM, tripthicket said:

Being an altoholic, I read the forums a lot, looking for ideas and/or information about good powerset combos. Even if a given post/thread includes a build, I always come here and look for that given build, to see your take on things. That means I'm visiting this thread daily, often multiple times a day. Almost all of my characters are based on your builds, and many of those are built verbatim, so to speak, with no changes. What I'm trying to really express is that your time, expertise and dedication are very much appreciated, and I'm quite sure I'm not alone in that regard. Well done, old bean!

Now that I've buttered you up sufficiently (kidding - every word of the above is true for me), may I request a Dark/Time Controller, please?

And do take care of yourself! Hydrate, get fresh air, sleep in if you can!

Tanker - Electric Armor - Ice Melee.mxdScrapper - Street Justice - Energy Aura.mxdScrapper - Psionic Melee - Bio Armor.mxdScrapper - Fiery Melee - Ninjitsu.mxdScrapper - Broad Sword - Dark Armor.mxdMastermind - Beast Mastery - Nature Affinity.mxdCorruptor - Fire Blast - Empathy.mxdController - Darkness Control - Time Manipulation.mxdBlaster - Water Blast - Ice Manipulation.mxdBlaster - Psychic Blast - Ninja Training.mxdBlaster - Psychic Blast - Atomic Manipulation.mxdBlaster - Energy Blast - Mental Manipulation.mxd

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Wow, just wow.  This thread is incredible.  Thanks for all of these JJ.  I have a couple of requests if you don't mind - if you can't, no biggie.  I'm looking for a Brute Staff/Bio and a Tank Dark Armor/War Mace.  Thanks again for all of this incredible work!!

1 hour ago, Dax Doomslayer said:

Wow, just wow.  This thread is incredible.  Thanks for all of these JJ.  I have a couple of requests if you don't mind - if you can't, no biggie.  I'm looking for a Brute Staff/Bio and a Tank Dark Armor/War Mace.  Thanks again for all of this incredible work!!

Tanker - Radiation Armor - Claws.mxdTanker - Dark Armor - War Mace.mxdTanker - Dark Armor - Martial Arts.mxdTanker - Bio Armor - War Mace.mxdMastermind - Thugs - Trick Arrow.mxdMastermind - Demon Summoning - Thermal Radiation.mxdDefender - Dark Miasma - Dark Blast.mxdCorruptor - Water Blast - Time Manipulation.mxdController - Plant Control - Traps.mxdController - Ice Control - Storm Summoning.mxdBrute - Staff Fighting - Bio Armor.mxdBrute - Savage Melee - Ice Armor.mxd

This has Chaos Controller(Goes against my need to Softcap S/L & Old School Dark/Dark Defender with Soul Mastery)

Edited by JJDrakken
  • Like 1

How about a master Zip file of all the builds linked to the first post?

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

29 minutes ago, markmiller1803 said:

Looked everywhere and can't find one, so thought I'd ask you. Had a great idea for a Archery/Martial Blaster character, would you be able to provide a build?

When folks ask for Blasters, I need to know if your planning to be more melee or more ranged?

On 5/29/2021 at 12:44 AM, JJDrakken said:

When folks ask for Blasters, I need to know if your planning to be more melee or more ranged?

Ranged, it's a Cupid concept.

Archery/Mental would also work just as well :3

Edited by markmiller1803

Back yet again. My wife (The Boss) is thinking of playing again, and is interested in recreating one of her favorites: Gravity/Thermal Controller.

As for me, yet another Blaster idea. I've seen you do several Fire/, and a handful of /Mental, but never both together. May I request, then, a Fire/Mental Blaster?

Thanks for your hard work!

Edited to add: for my blasters, I like to blap and pewpew both, as the situation calls for it. 🙂

Edited by tripthicket

On 5/29/2021 at 4:22 AM, markmiller1803 said:

Ranged, it's a Cupid concept.

Archery/Mental would also work just as well :3

13 hours ago, ContraMundi said:

Hi,

I've got a couple of requests:

1. TW/Fire Brute

2. Fire/Elec blapper.  Would prefer NOT to take the mace master epic pool, but if that's the best/only way to get Def where it needs to be then so be it.

11 hours ago, Grimjackal said:

Could you do a Brute - Super Strength - Willpower build? Thanks!

6 hours ago, tripthicket said:

Back yet again. My wife (The Boss) is thinking of playing again, and is interested in recreating one of her favorites: Gravity/Thermal Controller.

As for me, yet another Blaster idea. I've seen you do several Fire/, and a handful of /Mental, but never both together. May I request, then, a Fire/Mental Blaster?

Thanks for your hard work!

Edited to add: for my blasters, I like to blap and pewpew both, as the situation calls for it. 🙂

Dominator - Mind Control - Psionic Assault.mxdDominator - Fire Control - Radioactive Assault.mxdDominator - Earth Control - Icy Assault.mxdController - Gravity Control - Thermal Radiation.mxdBrute - Titan Weapons - Willpower.mxdBrute - Super Strength - Willpower.mxdBlaster - Fire Blast - Electricity Manipulation.mxdBlaster - Dark Blast - Sonic Manipulation.mxdBlaster - Archery - Martial Combat.mxdArachnos Fortunata2.mxdArachnos Fortunata.mxd