AR Ignite peak anyones interest?

Ankhammon

Just wondering what the fandom thinks would be a good way for a fender/rupter to leverage this power to it's best.

What combo would you choose and what about it would make you want an AR char?

I can think of two that I would want to try Poison and TA. both of these have options to hold something in place while you ignite it for loads of damage.

What you all think?

Any immobilize.  I would even go so far as to say that I wouldn't play AR without an immobilize.  The immobilize can be primary or app, that doesn't matter so much, just so long as you can stack it enough to hold bosses in the burn patches.  You might also want to look at immobilize procs.

Edited by Linea

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

Ignite can still be decently useful on an AR / Martial blaster.  Bosses can get shoved into a corner with Ki Push, and Ignited. A couple kicks to knock them down some, maybe a 2nd Ki Push.  Admittedly, there's often better / safer ways to handle a boss for a blaster. But something about shoving them into a corner, setting them on fire, and keeping them there.

I do of course, have the Winter chance for immob proc in it, though.

• 1 month later

I use Char on my Rad/AR to keep bosses stuck in a radioactive flame patch of death. Slotted Lingering Radiation can help help too!

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

• 2 months later