THE MARKET IS TAKING ALL OF OUR MONEY PLEASE HELP

laylahearts89

I was buying boosters and they are on the market for 1.4 mill right? well i buy a set of max amount for 10 for 14,000,000 Each set. Wel the market has taken over 2 billion dollars of mine before i could catch the glitch and i need help from the devs to maybe hopefully recompensate me please.

The issue when the system holds your money in bidding and after you buy for some reason it glitches and takes double

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

tldr: There is no recourse and you can not get your influence back.

3 hours ago, laylahearts89 said:

well i buy a set of max amount for 10 for 14,000,000 Each set

This was your mistake, or a typo on your part, it's not clear which.  You bid on the 'each one' price, not the total for the entire set.  You don't bid 10 * 14m to buy 10, you bid 10 * 1.4m (each one) to buy 10 at 1.4m each.   bidding 10 * 14m translates as 10 * 14m = 140m.  If you did this multiple times because you were anticipating buying 50 or 100 then yes it would more or less empty that character's bank, however that bank is limited to max 2b per character. 

I've typo-ed like this myself, and I expect anyone that buys bulk has sooner or later done so as well.  There is no recourse and you can not get your influence back.

Edited by Linea
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

2 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Biggest lesson I can impart is take your time, know the system is glitchy, and don't buy IO's to slot out a toon when on your 4th  Dragon Milk stout of the evening.

Or better yet, don't drink that gawdawful slop in the first place. But I digress.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

8 minutes ago, lemming said:

Drink Enriche!

At least it appears to have fewer yucky ingredients than the current generation of cookie-milk-chocolate-spice-fruit beers. If the range from pilsner to stout, multiplied by dozens of breweries in any one region, isn't enough... go back to Jack and Coke (or 'leventy-flavored wodka) and leave beer alone.

/rant

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

My condolences. Many of us have fallen prey to the dreaded extra zero.  I myself once bought a pvp IO for 110m instead of 11m before. As well as a couple other blunders for 50m each.

I understand this may have been a misunderstanding of how to place the bid. Unfortunately, there is no way to recovery the influence. Best way is to do some enhancement conversion for about a week and you will be back up to 2bn in no time. 

Also, I like to think I made some poor soul rich with my blunder. And try not to think it was one of the 🎩 and 🧐 crowd. 

Join the fellowship and post your story:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/32676-oopsyou-did-it-again-added-too-many-zeroes/

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/24000-oof-700-mill-down-the-drain/

Edited by Saikochoro

2 minutes ago, Saikochoro said:

My condolences. Many of us have fallen prey to the dreaded extra zero.  I myself once bought a pvp IO for 110m instead of 11m before. As well as a couple other blunders for 50m each.

I understand this may have been a misunderstanding of how to place the bid. Unfortunately, there is no way to recovery the influence. Best way is to do some enhancement conversion for about a week and you will be back up to 2bn in no time. 

Also, I like to think I made some poor soul rich with my blunder. And try not to think it was one of the 🎩 and 🧐 crowd. 

Well my LotG for 675.mil I assume went to a normal person, because @Yomo Kimyata for instance has a history of trying to return excess influence to people that added extra zeroes, and I never saw a post asking if someone lost north of half a bil on an IO.

Luckily it didn't break my bank, so hopefully it went to someone that could of really used it.

14 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Well my LotG for 675.mil I assume went to a normal person, because @Yomo Kimyata for instance has a history of trying to return excess influence to people that added extra zeroes, and I never saw a post asking if someone lost north of half a bil on an IO.

Luckily it didn't break my bank, so hopefully it went to someone that could of really used it.

I do a lot of really nice things, but actually I've never returned inf for a fat finger trade.  Lots of other people do.

It's partly because I think people should be responsible for their own mistakes, but mainly because most of the time I deal in bulk and at speed and it would be difficult for me to identify the specific lot.

Who run Bartertown?

10 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I do a lot of really nice things, but actually I've never returned inf for a fat finger trade.  Lots of other people do.

It's partly because I think people should be responsible for their own mistakes, but mainly because most of the time I deal in bulk and at speed and it would be difficult for me to identify the specific lot.

Ah I just sort of figured since you're the Mastermind of the Trade Consortium, all trades on the market no matter how small somehow go through you, or one of the henchmen you employee to act on your behest.

I can see why individual returns can be problematic.

12 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I think once I hit "get inf" and wondered what the heck I sold for 50m since a lot of my selling is just dumping salvage & inspirations for cheap on my way to get badges.  (With the occasional enhancement that I crafted, but I tend to shoot for 2/3 going price)

39 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Ah I just sort of figured since you're the Mastermind of the Trade Consortium, all trades on the market no matter how small somehow go through you, or one of the henchmen you employee to act on your behest.

I can see why individual returns can be problematic.

Mastermind?!?  Oh no no no.  I'm just a simple businessperson, working on my own, trying to keep everyone (especially myself) happy.

*hush up, minions!  I'm still on broadcast!*

Who run Bartertown?

• 2 weeks later

I thought this was gonna be a funny thread about the economy and how the AH makes nearly any other inf cost services meaningless (with the exception of Icon, who are happy to charge you 4,000,000 to change your shirt).

But it was actually a funny thread about you losing money because you goofed.

eat the rich

Resident certified baby