Oof... $700 mill down the drain

Kaipto

Ugh I feel for you. My biggest mistake was 100m. Put one to many zeros on a pvp IO. It’s never fun when that happens. At least it made someone else happy though right?

To make me feel better I told myself it was someone who is new to the game, just worked a 14 hour shift at work, got the baby down to bed, and just needed to take some time to decompress. Then logged in to see that a pvp IO that they got as a lucky drop the week before sold for 110m influence!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Saikochoro said:

Ugh I feel for you. My biggest mistake was 100m. Put one to many zeros on a pvp IO. It’s never fun when that happens. At least it made someone else happy though right?

To make me feel better I told myself it was someone who is new to the game, just worked a 14 hour shift at work, got the baby down to bed, and just needed to take some time to decompress. Then logged in to see that a pvp IO that they got as a lucky drop the week before sold for 110m influence!

I love this perspective! You’re definitely right, someone (hopefully multiple people!) logged in to delightful surprises 😄

Honestly, I really have a good sense of humor about it—it really is just a game and I’m hoping others can laugh at my booboo. Unlike Tiger King, I WILL financially recover from this 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/12/2020 at 1:07 PM, Kaipto said:

Makes me feel SLIGHTLY better that someone else out there made a $70 mill booboo clown 🤡 

If someone can own up to a $7 bill screw up, I’ll sleep soundly tonight 😂

Did it on live once  Not QUITE 7B, but close.
ONCE.
Got greedy and wasn't paying attention to my zeroes.
So I raided my piggy bank.
Then logged off.
Logged back in on that character a couple days later.
Went to look in and cash out.
What?
WHAAAAT!?!?!?!?!?
No. Nonononononono...
AUUUUUUUUUGHHHHH!!!

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

On 11/15/2020 at 1:38 AM, Hyperstrike said:

Did it on live once  Not QUITE 7B, but close.
ONCE.
Got greedy and wasn't paying attention to my zeroes.
So I raided my piggy bank.
Then logged off.
Logged back in on that character a couple days later.
Went to look in and cash out.
What?
WHAAAAT!?!?!?!?!?
No. Nonononononono...
AUUUUUUUUUGHHHHH!!!

Brutal.. I'm sure it felt even worse on live, given it was a bit harder to earn influence at this scale (and, depending on when you played, cost real $ for you to play in the first place!)

I just had my major oopsie.  Made a new villain as a tanker, took him through the tutorial, opened an email holding 999,999,999 in order to buy some things from the P2W.  Ran a few missions and decided I'd like him better as a brute, so deleted and remade him.  And finally, as I was wondering why my new brute had no inf, it struck me.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 5

Who run Bartertown?

20 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I just had my major oopsie.  Made a new villain as a tanker, took him through the tutorial, opened an email holding 999,999,999 in order to buy some things from the P2W.  Ran a few missions and decided I'd like him better as a brute, so deleted and remade him.  And finally, as I was wondering why my new brute had no inf, it struck me.

Ouch. That is quite a hit. 

Edited by Saikochoro

On 11/20/2020 at 6:21 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

Brutal 😞

• 1 month later
  • 1 month later

My worst one (but recouped, so meh, which is unlike your case. My condolences) was buying converters in stacks of ten, switch to purples, pay no attention the 'stacks of ten' wasn't cleared (which is this even a thing??) and put up an order for 10 purples at 19 mill -_-

In my case I just put them back up and lost the listing so it wasn't much of a big deal.

• Sad 1

Realizing that you made someone else`s day with your mistake is a very positive attitude.  I have yet to do any typing "oops" in the market but I do sell pretty much everything at 10 influence so, there are lots of times where I could have made a few millions with a thing but instead, the buyer got an orange salvage or a proc at a really bargain price.

Though this habit pretty much locks me out of happy surprises such as this:

On 1/15/2021 at 9:21 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

It all comes back around.  Case in point:

image.png.e2f6878bca0e71d6b5a92d7fc3039808.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

Nothing too big, but made my second decent market blunder since being on homecoming. 

I was typing too fast and didn’t catch myself soon enough. I just bough LOTG Def and LOTG Def/end for 55,555,555 each. So about a 100m blunder!

Still gotta tell myself it went to a poor guy and not Yomo Kimyata or some other marketer 😁

Edited by Saikochoro
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

• 4 weeks later