Will the rest of the incarnate powers ever be unlocked?

Mr. Apocalypse

6 hours ago, Kriiden said:

Firstly: Make it so you need to do something else then just earning additional exp (like the original servers? Can't remember at the moment what was default) to unlock incarnate.

The only real barrier to incarnates in the original game was "must be paying." When the game went "freemium," Incarnates were one of the things locked behind a paywall. As a result, it was also more grindy - you'll notice, as you earn iXP, it talks about "physical" and "psychic" iXP... if I'm remembering the messages correctly. You got one from one trial, one from the other. It was designed specifically to keep people paying by being an artificial grind.

(Add to that starting the system with JUST BAF/LAM- no solo path at all - and, ugh. It was the first time I took a break from the game since i3 on live.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

5 minutes ago, Greycat said:

(Add to that starting the system with JUST BAF/LAM- no solo path at all - and, ugh. It was the first time I took a break from the game since i3 on live.)

Yeeeaaaa. I was on a break for the same. Only came back when I heard about the shutdown.

To the topic: I'd still like to see level shifts purged from the game completely and have zero desire for more incarnate powers to ever be added.

Just now, Bill Z Bubba said:

Perusing builds and reading about the things we're getting away with now shows me that ship sailed a long time ago.

I knew someone would say that. What I basically mean is Elder Gods, worse gods etc. Lets not have the game get even more silly in that regard.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, MTeague said:

If ever any additional Incarnate powers ARE added, I would implore the devs to limit thier use to only actual Incarnate content AND NOT everything 45+.

I also hope this would be the case if further incarnate powers were added.

'Proximity to powerful foes has activated your latent incarnate abilities.  You are able to draw more power from the Well while engaging these enemies.  The Well is not interested in lesser foes and restricts access to its power upon leaving this area.'

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, TheZag said:

I also hope this would be the case if further incarnate powers were added.

'Proximity to powerful foes has activated your latent incarnate abilities.  You are able to draw more power from the Well while engaging these enemies.  The Well is not interested in lesser foes and restricts access to its power upon leaving this area.'

I agree with those saying Incarnate abilities should just be tied to Incarnate content in general, but that said I wouldn't be opposed to additional Incarnate abilities IF they were also tied to Incarnate encounters, instead of "everybody gets a nuke now" stuff. 

For example, if a new Incarnate group type does some new exotic damage type, the "Genesis" (or whichever) Incarnate slot offers several different options for team Resist and Defense to this new damage type.  Sort of like Ambrosia in the Eden Trial.  Useless for steamrolling the ITF (and so on) any further, but necessary for new content, and you'll have to be strategic with your team about who takes which abilities to make sure you have all holes plugged.

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

On 2/25/2022 at 8:11 PM, Haijinx said:

Never liked the generic aspect of the powers we did get tbh.

Not to derail things too much, but I really wish we'd get the APPs/PPPs expanded to encompass all the new powersets that have come out since then as well.

Edited by biostem
  • Thumbs Up 2

28 minutes ago, Jiro Ito said:

For example, if a new Incarnate group type does some new exotic damage type

Please, no new "special damage types that can only be resisted by this one source" type of stuff.  I really hate it when games basically negate your other abilities just to make stuff harder.  How about giving enemies fuller attack chains and perhaps some sort of teamwork, (or at least add more buffers to enemy groups).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, biostem said:

Please, no new "special damage types that can only be resisted by this one source" type of stuff.  I really hate it when games basically negate your other abilities just to make stuff harder.  How about giving enemies fuller attack chains and perhaps some sort of teamwork, (or at least add more buffers to enemy groups).

Yes I am completely fine with how Aeon implements their unresistable exploders.  You get plenty of warning and can avoid it by paying attention while your build wards off the rest of those enemies while you're dodging the Brickernaut.  

But for Hamidon and those other rare types of encounters where almost nothing except for having a specific inspiration makes all the difference I say keep those where they are.  That unresisted damage is pretty rough but that Hamidon can hit you while you're in the shower makes this something that just should not be copied.

• Thumbs Up 3