Infiltration and Slotting

cohRock

I finally got around to giving a character the Concealment:Infiltration power.  While it is not as powerful or quick as Fly or Super Jump, it is, unslotted, 10% better than the free prestige run+highHurdle powers (Beast, Ninja, and Athletic).  It can be slotted with run, jump, and defense enhancements, and of course end reduction.  So when run and jump enhancements are added, it performs significantly better than the mentioned prestige run powers.  Note that the endurance cost of Infiltration is slightly less as well, 0.46 end/sec vs 0.57 end/sec.

After respeccing my Ice/Ice Sentinel to give him Infiltration and adding slots for run and jump, I found it fairly useful.  Later in the build I plan to give him Super Jump as well, but the defense and stealth from Infiltration are a very nice bonus.   He also placed a celerity:stealth enhancement in Sprint, which increases the 35 ft radius of Infiltration to 65 feet while Sprint is on.  Since he also took the Concealment:Stealth power, he can have a 55+30 foot radius during missions.  Note that Stealth and Infiltration are mutually exclusive. When one is toggled on, the other goes off.  Since both have very fast recharge, and one is for outside missions and one inside, the mutual exclusion poses no problem.

Now that I've had some time to think about it, he'll eventually 3-slot Infiltration.  One slot will be "defense" with an LotG 7.5% recharge proc.  The other two will be one of the universal travel sets, Winter's Gift or Blessings of the Zephyr. He only would slot two of the three; an Ice Armor Sentinel needs neither additional slow resistance nor knockback protection.  One of the enhancements would be full-power buff of both run and jump, while the second would further buff those as, well as add some end reduction.

Edited by cohRock
fix typos

-- Rock

FYI, you can slot Celerity:Stealth directly in Infiltration, giving you a 66 foot stealth radius without running two toggles. I find that the 55 foot stealth radius from Concealment/Stealth is sufficient for full invisibility except around Ritki Drones and snipers. 

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

From what i've seen the def bonus is tiny like 1.88% unslotted and you lose even that as soon as you attack. So i look at is as basically a travel power in the concealment set good for a lotg 7.5% and your kb protection/winters gift assuming you don't take a proper travel power. If your taking SJ then its pointless throwing more slots in.

• Like 1

If ya got the cash/slots, consider microfiliment hamis.  if not frankenslot the Universal travel IOs in.  most of my infiltrators are in the 80mph range and enough jump height/control to really get around.  And those with [Quickness]/variants are in the 90mph range

2/3 and 1/3 of the universals is enough, 3/3 microfiliments is just gravy

• Like 1

Thank you for the feedback, folks.  I have Infiltration three-slotted now:

1. Attuned Winter's Gift: <travel>, endurance
  2. Attuned Winter's Gift: <travel>
  3. Jump: lvl 30 generic IO

I bought the two Winter's Gift IOs at Wentworths for a little over 2 Mil apiece, but it pays off.  The set bonus is 3.75% resist to fire/cold.  My Ice/Ice guy doesn't really need any more Cold resistance, but the fire resist is welcome.  The movement increases are:

1. Run Spd: 34.52 mph (55.59 mph total)
  2. Jump Spd: 40.75 mph (78.18 mph total, capped)
  3. Jump Hgt: 57.78 feet (70.77 feet total)
  4. End Cost: 0.37 end/sec

Also, the unbuffed defense is 1.75%.

He is currently level 30, and these attuned values will go up slightly as he levels.  It is still no Super Jump, but he may end up skipping SJ.  I will likely end up replacing the Jump IO with LotG:Recharge, but I'm tempted not to.

-- Rock

25 minutes ago, cohRock said:

Thank you for the feedback, folks.  I have Infiltration three-slotted now:

1. Attuned Winter's Gift: <travel>, endurance
  2. Attuned Winter's Gift: <travel>
  3. Jump: lvl 30 generic IO

I bought the two Winter's Gift IOs at Wentworths for a little over 2 Mil apiece, but it pays off.  The set bonus is 3.75% resist to fire/cold.  My Ice/Ice guy doesn't really need any more Cold resistance, but the fire resist is welcome.  The movement increases are:

1. Run Spd: 34.52 mph (55.59 mph total)
  2. Jump Spd: 40.75 mph (78.18 mph total, capped)
  3. Jump Hgt: 57.78 feet (70.77 feet total)
  4. End Cost: 0.37 end/sec

Also, the unbuffed defense is 1.75%.

He is currently level 30, and these attuned values will go up slightly as he levels.  It is still no Super Jump, but he may end up skipping SJ.  I will likely end up replacing the Jump IO with LotG:Recharge, but I'm tempted not to.

You might look at using a Blessing of the Zephyr instead of the Jump IO, if you'd like more run speed.

I dont recall what requires hitting the Jump speed cap for infiltration, but it isn't much. If you can hit is with just two Winter's (Move+Move/End), you might look to Thrust's unique to get an extra 10 mph of run speed.

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

52 minutes ago, Bopper said:

You might look at using a Blessing of the Zephyr instead of the Jump IO, if you'd like more run speed.

I dont recall what requires hitting the Jump speed cap for infiltration, but it isn't much. If you can hit is with just two Winter's (Move+Move/End), you might look to Thrust's unique to get an extra 10 mph of run speed.

Thanks, Bopper.  I forgot to say that my run speed numbers included Swift but not Sprint, which adds another 14.32 mph to run speed (69.91 mph total).  It also adds 0.40 feet to jump height.  These are base values because I have Sprint slotted with a Celerity:Stealth.  You're right about a Blessings of the Zephyr IO.  Why just  buff jump height when I could buff Run Speed as well?

-- Rock

6 hours ago, cohRock said:

Thanks, Bopper.  I forgot to say that my run speed numbers included Swift but not Sprint, which adds another 14.32 mph to run speed (69.91 mph total).  It also adds 0.40 feet to jump height.  These are base values because I have Sprint slotted with a Celerity:Stealth.  You're right about a Blessings of the Zephyr IO.  Why just  buff jump height when I could buff Run Speed as well?

Back on Beta, I would 4-slot it. I forget exactly, but I think I used a +5 Winter Move/End, +5 Blessing Move/End, +5 Thrust unique and +5 Launch unique. I think that got me to around 95% enhancement in run and jump speed while having the extra jump height and run speed to help me get around even better. I think with Sprint on I was hitting the old Super Speed cap while also having the old Super Jump speed cap. Jump Height is still, meh, but if you ever need more jump height just use Steam Jump

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Blessing of the Zephyr 2 slot is good. You can get knock back protection (if you need it), a buff to speed and the 2 set bonus is ranged defence and helps towards getting to the soft spot.

Other options include using it as a mule for any Defence IOs or uniques. Such as Luck of the Gambler. It’s quite a versatile power and one of my favourite forms of travel!

• Like 1

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone