AV/GM Killer - Can solo hard content and team?

Arcadian-Prime

@ArcadianIV maybe stick with Controller and Defender if you wanna solo AVs & GMs.

I love my Corruptors and I'm sure they do what others do but giant bags of HP may be counter to the Corruptor magic that is Scourge.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

4 minutes ago, ArcadianIV said:

Taking a look at the melee archetypes, it seems like Rad Armor or Bio Armor would be the ones you’d try to solo tough targets with since they have the -regen component 

Yeah, if I were to do it on melee, it'd be an Energy Melee/Radiation Armor Brute.

3 minutes ago, Troo said:

@ArcadianIV maybe stick with Controller and Defender if you wanna solo AVs & GMs.

I love my Corruptors and I'm sure they do what others do but giant bags of HP may be counter to the Corruptor magic that is Scourge.

On the contrary, Corruptor does great on giant bags of HPs.  Once you get them down to about 40% HP, they just positively melt thanks to Scourge.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Troo said:

That could make sense. Still newer, so I was curious how Scourge would take effect. Probably better for clearing solo TF’s, but tougher against hard targets.

I wasn’t sure if there was a Corruptor secondary that provided -HP, or any incarnate ability’s/whatever they’re called that does that that could give it a synergy. Since you’re a Corruptor player, you probably know some good Defender combos… Any you’d recommend?

25 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Yeah, if I were to do it on melee, it'd be an Energy Melee/Radiation Armor Brute.

On the contrary, Corruptor does great on giant bags of HPs.  Once you get them down to about 40% HP, they just positively melt thanks to Scourge.

I know I said I only had time for one toon, but maybe I can slow level one ranged and one melee. Was thinking Rad/SS tanker for melee, but EM/Rad Brute seems like a great synergy.

Good to know about Scourge though.  Now to settle on either a Corruptor or Controller combo for ranged 😂

Edited by ArcadianIV

16 minutes ago, ArcadianIV said:

Elec/Cold sounds like a cool concept! Was just digging through the forums and see you have a lot of experience War! Any suggestions for pairings with a Corruptor or Defender that could do TF’s or fight AV’s?

It is, my buddy @Boomie ran and had alot of videos on it. But, its not quick in any way.

I prefer Defenders for debuffs thats personal preference, the key is going to lie in how much -regen you can put on your enemy. 

There have been alot of great recommendations already made on various combinations on different ATs. Patience is going to be your weapon when fighting anything, a solid build, and tactics vs that specific enemy type.

Some of them you won't be able to solo, never seen Hami nor the Seed, or the Arachnos flyer soloed.

A safe bet for a starting killer would be a Ill/Rad, Ill/TA, or Ill/Dark. The /Rad probably the safest easiest one, plus Accelerate Metabolism will help with basically everything +dmg, +recovery, +rech, etc, and the debuffs are top notch.

PLUS, there are a ton of builds already out there to get you started.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

Degenerative Interface has a -HP side, and is a fairly standard recommendation for melee ATs looking to hit hard targets.  I am not as familiar with Corrs or Controllers, so I am not sure if that is similar for those or if there is a better choice.

Truck on down to the Pylon and Trapdoor threads in the Scrapper section for tons of info on Rad/SS or EM/Rad.  Folks post from all ATs in those threads, so you'll see tank and brute builds that are purpose made for hard targets and +4x8 soloing.

• Thumbs Up 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

4 minutes ago, InvaderStych said:

Degenerative Interface has a -HP side, and is a fairly standard recommendation for melee ATs looking to hit hard targets.  I am not as familiar with Corrs or Controllers, so I am not sure if that is similar for those or if there is a better choice.

Truck on down to the Pylon and Trapdoor threads in the Scrapper section for tons of info on Rad/SS or EM/Rad.  Folks post from all ATs in those threads, so you'll see tank and brute builds that are purpose made for hard targets and +4x8 soloing.

Great suggestion, thanks!

7 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

It is, my buddy @Boomie ran and had alot of videos on it. But, its not quick in any way.

I prefer Defenders for debuffs thats personal preference, the key is going to lie in how much -regen you can put on your enemy. 

There have been alot of great recommendations already made on various combinations on different ATs. Patience is going to be your weapon when fighting anything, a solid build, and tactics vs that specific enemy type.

Some of them you won't be able to solo, never seen Hami nor the Seed, or the Arachnos flyer soloed.

A safe bet for a starting killer would be a Ill/Rad, Ill/TA, or Ill/Dark. The /Rad probably the safest easiest one, plus Accelerate Metabolism will help with basically everything +dmg, +recovery, +rech, etc, and the debuffs are top notch.

PLUS, there are a ton of builds already out there to get you started.

Yeah, Ill/Dark or Rad has piqued my interest. Trying to see if there is a Defender combo that could sway me haha

1 hour ago, ArcadianIV said:

Trying to see if there is a Defender combo that could sway me haha

Beam has -regen.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

9 hours ago, StriderIV said:

Good point. How do you like your Fire/Dark Cor?

I ODed on support on live so I play a lot of melee these days, but it is one of the few support I got to 50 on HC and the only Corr so far. I only have common IOs in it so I haven't really kicked the tires that much. Tar Patch with Fire and Scourge is nice though. End is a bit of an issue, but that should go without saying for anything not using better IOs. I know I have three more builds to get to 50, and I think the Corr sticks on the Top 10 list although at some point that list might be more of what I'm playing currently.

• Thumbs Up 2

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

51 minutes ago, Krimson said:

A Corruptor can definitely be slotted to solo Fire Farm, solo S/L Farm, and Solo GMs, all on the same build. Not sure about soloing AVs yet because I'm still working on GMs. 

Are there any powerset pairings on a Corruptor you’d recommend?

17 hours ago, Apparition said:

Corruptor does great on giant bags of HPs.  Once you get them down to about 40% HP

Oh I don't disagree. Getting to that 40% being the trick and then pushing the gas peddle to the floor.

/cold, /dark, /rad, /traps, /storm, /kin oh my. For the player's question it just seems that a version on another AT might be a better fit.

There is very little in the game that can't be done on a /cold or /dark.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

8 minutes ago, Krimson said:

I personally use an Elec/Kin Corruptor. Back in 2019, I had it slotted for sapping which kind of worked. Sort of. Then the rework to Electric Blast happened, and without changing a thing, I was suddenly soloing Giant Monsters. Anything with debuffs can work. Kin has one of the best target based heals in the game, which lets you get into the thick of things. 

Not the poster, but wow about Electric Blast. Did the shock changes improve it a lot?

30 minutes ago, Troo said:

Oh I don't disagree. Getting to that 40% being the trick and then pushing the gas peddle to the floor.

/cold, /dark, /rad, /traps, /storm, /kin oh my. For the player's question it just seems that a version on another AT might be a better fit.

There is very little in the game that can't be done on a /cold or /dark.

I have a Water/Cold myself and I’m currently leveling a Water/Dark. /Dark and /Cold are amazing for bringing down tough targets. Cold I feel is more straight forward and Dark Miasma has a few more tools.

I myself love Water Blast (have them colored black like Shadows). I’m reading on here that it might be lacking in damage. However, with the debuffs from the 2 sets, their -regen and -resist, and Water Blast being fairly proc friendly… I think it could muster the damage. Maybe not as easily as Ice/Fire, but it can get there. I also feel it is much safer, with it’s added heal and the mitigation it provides with KD’s. @Darkir I believe has solo’d AV’s and GM’s with his Water Corruptor.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Krimson said:

Not sure about soloing AVs yet because I'm still working on GMs. 

Should be fine.  They have more tricks up their sleeves so probably more of a threat in a lot of cases, but with a few exceptions they should fall a great deal faster.

Are you finding the [SHOCKED!] mechanic is the boost over the way your toon played before, or that Sapping is more effective after the update?  Or am I remembering that second bit wrong?

4 minutes ago, Krimson said:

Shocked certainly gives a boost and combined with Scourge... I used to be able to sap individuals including many GMs. Now I sap entire groups. If you are on Excelsior, I can give a demonstration.

This I’d love to see. How does Shock and Scoruged interact with each other?

6 minutes ago, Krimson said:

Shocked certainly gives a boost and combined with Scourge... I used to be able to sap individuals including many GMs. Now I sap entire groups. If you are on Excelsior, I can give a demonstration.

Thanks.

Was mostly curious because you've had the opportunity to do a direct before/after on an identical build.  I have only played it after the re-work.

I have to throw an Arachnos Crab with all the pets, soft-cap defense, and high recharge (aka A Crabstermind) as a contender for AVs, GMs, Solo, and team.  Although it has limited debuffs compared to a defender, corrupter, or controller, it leverages a little -resistance with a TON of DPS to take out hard targets incredibly fast.  And with all the double leadership buffs, it makes an excellent teammate as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

My main on live was a Kin/elec, but /elec was yeah. I did do Elec/kin controller for a time here and found it a better pairing. Been curious about a Corr version post update. I just haven't rolled it. I have builds to get to 50 before I focus on something new. Speaking of Cold, I have a Cold/water waiting her turn at some more leveling. I might just dual box her though when I get around to it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

On 3/11/2022 at 12:34 PM, Troo said:

That's what red inspirations are for.  Max out your damage to start, then much easier to finish the AV/GM off by the time you run out.

• Haha 1