GM in all hazard zones

xl8

Just how many times is this going to be brought up? No.

Edit: Hazard zone does not mean giant monster stomping ground. They do not all need a giant monster in them. We already have zones that are all giant monsters. We already have non-hazard zones that have giant monsters. Please stop trying to put giant monsters everywhere. This is not City of Giant Monsters. I would not be inclined to play City of Giant Monsters.

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 1

Kraken and Winter Lord don't wander around. Jade Spider does. And again, we do not need giant monsters everywhere. Especially the Jade Spider who was created for and is available in both versions of Mender Silo's TF which can definitely be soloed.

(Edit: Kind of hard to lose when you have an army of superheroes backing up your character and uncontrollably attacking the Jade Spider.)

Edited by Rudra
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

My lowbie will get stomped seems to be a common argument against more GMs.  How much of a zone does a GM actually cover?  Probably something like 600 square feet after considering vision radius.  I get people have other reasons against it but im never convinced that a lowbie cant work around a GM spawn.  Its not like they are placed on top of contacts or mission doors.

I prefer more world events over more GMs but i prefer more GMs over nothing.  I would want a GM to make sense in its placement though.  Have an igneous GM in the hollows and not in Founders Falls for example.

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, TheZag said:

My lowbie will get stomped seems to be a common argument against more GMs.  How much of a zone does a GM actually cover?  Probably something like 600 square feet after considering vision radius.  I get people have other reasons against it but im never convinced that a lowbie cant work around a GM spawn.  Its not like they are placed on top of contacts or mission doors.

I prefer more world events over more GMs but i prefer more GMs over nothing.  I would want a GM to make sense in its placement though.  Have an igneous GM in the hollows and not in Founders Falls for example.

I've all but face-planted into Scrapyard more times than I care to remember. The only reason I survive is because my stealth buys me enough time to crap myself and run away.

I would prefer more events over more GMs. I would prefer nothing over more GMs. The game does not need more GMs. If the game became City of Giant Monsters, I would probably stop playing. I almost stopped playing back on live when they were running seemingly back to back invasions. (Then the invasions eased up enough that I stopped screaming at the game. Then the game shut down.)

(Edit: "Zombie invasion? Just great. Need to postpone my street sweep mission so I don't get eaten. *sits out invasion* Okay, it's over. Rikti invasion?! Oh, come on! *sits out invasion* It's over! WHAT?! ZOMBIE INVASION?! AGAIN?! LET ME DO MY DAMNED MISSION, GAME!!!")

Edited by Rudra
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, TheZag said:

I agree with this. I understand the frustration of walking into a GM (done so more times than I want to admit) but it is just one hospital trip and map-positioning that people should be aware of that make them better players for doing so. 

I would however like to have the GMs if this were ever to be implemented in a zone/area that's very obvious (similar to the War Walker Goliath.)

15 hours ago, Rudra said:

Edit: Hazard zone does not mean giant monster stomping ground. They do not all need a giant monster in them. We already have zones that are all giant monsters. We already have non-hazard zones that have giant monsters. Please stop trying to put giant monsters everywhere. This is not City of Giant Monsters. I would not be inclined to play City of Giant Monsters.

Just reinforcing this. 

GM and Hazard Zone are not synonymous.  And GMs, on top of everything else brought up, are - frankly - boring.  "Everyone pound on a bag of HP for a minute or two!" Meh.

(There's also the argument that neither red nor gold side have "hazard zones," so this would be blatantly unfair for anyone playing those sides. Yeah, even the two people playing gold. >.> )

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Kheldian backstory guide 2.0 is out.

Id be up for this, just not The Hive tier.

Hazard zones felt like solo/group spots before being able to adjust your difficulty.  between AE and being able to adjust your difficulty anywhere theres no real reason to go to a hazard zone.

I like the event in St. Mart vs Longbow. There should be one in Mercy to kick the terrorists aka Longbow out.

Maybe a all out war between Marcones vs Mooks...I'm getting deja vu...

That's right suggested all this months ago. 

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

Was going to add this as an edit... but I'll add it as a new post.

If you want an event for Mercy, it makes more sense for the players to stop a Longbow invasion to take back Fort Darwin. The player took Fort Darwin back for Arachnos, but unwilling to give up any of their footholds in the Isles, Longbow launches another surprise invasion like they were described as doing to capture Fort Darwin in the first place. Now the villains have to rally to stop the invasion before all their low level work is undone. Edit: Especially since Longbow is likely to have learned from the player's actions and not be so easily dislodged if successful this time.

Edited by Rudra

On 3/13/2022 at 6:23 PM, Krimson said:

I'd say put the Jade Spider in the wrecked part of Mercy Island. 

Not that I am advocating for GMs in all Hazard zones (so that’s a no to the OP) but this idea I actually really like for some reason… 

• Thumbs Up 1

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Ratchet Dog (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Sleep Doctor (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute), Red Gloom (Dark/Pain Corruptor), Marble Marbina (Thugs/FF Mastermind)