Character Select Screen Suggestion

I would love to be able to sort my characters on the selection screen.  By name, AT, level, hero/villain/Praetorian, time logged out, etc...

Yes, this is all info available just by looking, but with so many alts already (and up to 1000 possible), it would be nice to have them in some sort of order...

I would love to be able to sort my characters on the selection screen.  By name, AT, level, hero/villain/Praetorian, time logged out, etc...

Yes, this is all info available just by looking, but with so many alts already (and up to 1000 possible), it would be nice to have them in some sort of order...

You can always click and drag them to the order you'd like them to be in.

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

You can always click and drag them to the order you'd like them to be in.

Yeah, but if the order that you'd like is always changing, for example, you like to play them in a rotation, so you want them sorted by "longest time since last played" on top, then it is going to be a problem if you have very many toons;  You are pretty much going to have to go through them, however many pages that may be, until you get to where you left off.

It all depends on how much work is involved, but in general I always support more sorting options.

If it makes someone feel happy to be able to sort by most recently played, longest time since last played, by AT, alphabetically, whatever, then that can build a lot of goodwill towards the game.

I won't pretend to understand people wanting to play a thousand characters, but who knows?  Maybe someday I will, and maybe someday I will want all the sorting tools I can get my hands on to help me find the toon I want if I do.

Find playerslot.txt in your game folder. You can arrange them there anyway you like and they will show up on the select screen that way. Probably quicker than clicking and dragging.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

It's easy - just stop creating new characters....

Wait...stop...that's not right...sorry, my altitis was cured for like 10 seconds, but it's back now...

+1 for the suggestion - I really would love to be able to sort by last played...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Find playerslot.txt in your game folder. You can arrange them there anyway you like and they will show up on the select screen that way. Probably quicker than clicking and dragging.

This, but maybe a button for "last played" instead of rearranging things.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Was just looking to see if anyone wanted this as well. Sorting 50+ characters manually is tiring at times.

I too would love to be able to auto sort by level, alignment, time played etc.