Invulnerability for Brutes vs Tanker

00Troy00

3 minutes ago, 00Troy00 said:

I havs an Inv tank that's pretty sturdy, so I was thinking of copying that part of thr build over to my brute. 

Is there anything I should do differently?

You can always try the build on the test server to see how it goes. It is all free so you can build it easily.

4 hours ago, 00Troy00 said:

I havs an Inv tank that's pretty sturdy, so I was thinking of copying that part of thr build over to my brute. 

Is there anything I should do differently?

Post your build.
"Pretty Sturdy" isn't very quantitative.

Remember your numbers will get lower moving Tank-to-Brute.
So there are tweaks that can be done.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

12 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

Post your build.

Listen to Hyperstrike.  I run his builds and derivations of his builds.  Michelin Five Star Builder.

14 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

Post your build.

I used your Inv tank build

I don't play Brutes, but when I converted a concept for an Inv/War mace Tank into a War Mace/Inv scrapper, my attitudes were:

• Trying to grab/hold aggro was off the table (probably not the case for da Broot), so I worried less about maximizing Resistances and Defenses.
  • Global Recharge was MUCH more important on the Scrapper than for a Tank, so LotG and set bonuses for +Recharge were more important for performance.

I should note (if it is not obvious from the WM primary) this is not a farming character.

What is the attack set?   Seriously any hints would help. Although we can kill a few days trying to guess shat you are running….

In general yes there are a few things you do different on Brutes.  In reality it is not much.  Spinning rims instead of four tone paint job

But knowing more about exactly what you are doing will help answer the question

man goes into the doctors office. “Doc I hurt.  Can you help?”

”Where do you hurt?” The doctor asks

”First it was at my house.’ The man replies. ‘But it got a little worse on the drive over”

Edited by Snarky
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

What is the attack set?   Seriously any hints would help. Although we can kill a few days trying to guess shat you are running….

In general yes there are a few things you do different on Brutes.  In reality it is not much.  Spinning rims instead of four tone paint job

But knowing more about exactly what you are doing will help answer the question

”First it was at my house.’ The man replies. ‘But it got a little worse on the drive over”

Claws

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

Diagnosis: Patient is a dumbass.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

Diagnosis: Patient is a dumbass.

Or, practitioner wasn't clear in their question.

I get those responses all the time, and realize I have to reframe my query to my patients.

• Thumbs Up 1

Death is the best debuff.

3 hours ago, 00Troy00 said:

Framework

Take a look at the Mo' Durable/Dame Durable line as well.
It's SLOWER, and we start hitting diminishing returns (NOT "Diminishing Returns" in the in-game parlance) for the serious tweakery.

4 hours ago, Errants said:

Or, practitioner wasn't clear in their question.

I get those responses all the time, and realize I have to reframe my query to my patients.

I have a medical background as well.
I stand behind my diagnostic regimen.

😂🤣😂🤣

Edited by Hyperstrike
  • Haha 2

• 2 months later

I expect for S/L at least a Brute can match the Tanker. 

But with that 75% base numbers, plus the tanker ATO, the Brute will be a lot lower when it comes to other resists.  You'd have to play games with Rune of Protection at that point. 

But that isn't the only criteria.  Its more important how Invul compares to other Brute armors.  90% resist to S/L with soft capped S/L defense and perma Dull Pain is going to be really tough.

• 8 months later
On 7/28/2022 at 6:28 PM, Bill Z Bubba said:

Confirmed. I was called a dumb-ass both times I got a bag of saline force fed into me before PT.

Only Twice?

I served for 28 Years. Deserts, Jungles, and Sh!tholes like Fort Bragg, Fort Benning, Hunter Army Airfield, MacDill AFB, the JRTC, NTC, and "Jurassic Park" among many others...

Sometimes I got 2 IV's in less than 24 Hours! Of course when it is 125F+ and we had to keep on keeping on... 

As much as possible we (NCOs) tried to reason with the chain of command that similar to Machines, HUMAN BEINGS just won't function unless treated properly. Unfortunately, that too often meant we had to suffer heat casualties (or other casualties) until they realized that Facts Are Stubborn Things!

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Paladin-6 said:

Only Twice?

I served for 28 Years. Deserts, Jungles, and Sh!tholes like Fort Bragg, Fort Benning, Hunter Army Airfield, MacDill AFB, the JRTC, NTC, and "Jurassic Park" among many others...

Sometimes I got 2 IV's in less than 24 Hours! Of course when it is 125F+ and we had to keep on keeping on... 

As much as possible we (NCOs) tried to reason with the chain of command that similar to Machines, HUMAN BEINGS just won't function unless treated properly. Unfortunately, that too often meant we had to suffer heat casualties (or other casualties) until they realized that Facts Are Stubborn Things!

Sorry for the Necro, but I can concur. Over in Iraq, the water contractor gave us pallets of old expired water that caused the water to taste awful (likely floating microscopic pieces of sunbaked plastic in the water), so grabbing an IV of Saline was the creme de la creme, or god forbid we got a care package of Gatorade.

We had one guy get a couple of cases of Gatorade shipped in that was mixed with vodka. They bust him back to E1 and put him on shit burning detail for the length of his Article 15. Man that just had me thinking of 2-3 month old care packages of homemade cookies that were all congealed and melted today and moldy.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Paladin-6 said:

Only Twice?

I always LOVED the dumbasses who drank themselves silly, then reported to sick call on Monday.
We generally had a great remedy for that.

2 large bore (16G) infusion needles (painful as hell, especially when someone's that dried out and their veins have contracted).
Confine them to a bed (lulls them into a false sense of safety).
Run saline in until their bladder was screaming "40 DAYS!  40 NIGHTS!" through a sound system big enough to impress Manowar.
And basically held them until they nearly pissed themselves.
Then pass them two of those 800mg Ibuprofen horse pills the Army was so fond of passing out like candy and send them on their way.

Brutal as hell way to do it.
And some of my patients would have gladly murdered me.
But it got them ship-shape in a minimum amount of time.

Edited by Hyperstrike
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Hyperstrike said:

I always LOVED the dumbasses who drank themselves silly, then reported to sick call on Monday.
We generally had a great remedy for that.

In the FA, we woke up still drunk in our PT clothes in our vehicles in the parking lot so our Section Chief could come tap on the glass wake us up for formation. Use a portable electric shaver to shave quick enough so Top didn't blow a gasket when the BC showed up. Then we proceeded to go run 10 miles and sweat the booze out.

We didn't get the luxury of going to sick call for stuff like that as Smoke would literally tell you suck it up and if you could make it to formation you could make a 10 mile run.

Then again the Army was a different animal in those days prior to all the changes in the past couple decades.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Sorry for the Necro, but I can concur. Over in Iraq, the water contractor gave us pallets of old expired water that caused the water to taste awful (likely floating microscopic pieces of sunbaked plastic in the water), so grabbing an IV of Saline was the creme de la creme, or god forbid we got a care package of Gatorade.

We had one guy get a couple of cases of Gatorade shipped in that was mixed with vodka. They bust him back to E1 and put him on shit burning detail for the length of his Article 15. Man that just had me thinking of 2-3 month old care packages of homemade cookies that were all congealed and melted today and moldy.

During my first deployment to the "Sandbox/Litterbox" (Dec 2004 - March 2006) we lived on an Austere base: FOB Chosin (5 days on FOB, then 5 on a FIRM Base "Platoon" 60 Men; USMC but we were part of a composite US Army Brigade attached to the Marines); food was prepared on an MKT (Mobile Kitchen Trailer, canvas sides, AC units banded to the framework to make it barely survivable for the 7 cooks for 1,000+ Men {No women}). We would Volunteer for Mail Runs to FOB Kalsu just to grab a meal in a KBR DFAC!

At least we had decent bottled water from Kuwait, lots of mineral content, had to drink a bottle of cranberry juice at least a couple of times a week (mixing it with water); but ever Infantry or Cavalry Platoon got a HEMET 10 Ton Truck full of Gatorade EVERY WEEK! Plenty of powdered Gatorade too! We usually drank 2 or 3 bottles of water per Gatorade (premixed) or added powder equal to 1/3rd strength both for taste, and for the electrolytes, etc. We joked that we Should have bought Stock in Coca-Cola Bottling Corp.! (owners of Gatorade tm) Marines may be "Hard As Woodpecker Lips" but at least they Take Care of their personnel; well at least better than the US Army (or most other armies) do!

I was a Beta Tester, and then played CoH on Live before deploying. I was wounded, and required extensive physical therapy after my return to The World. The Bachelor NCO Quarters, and much else of Fort Campbell was under reconstruction, so the "Warrior Transition Unit" was quartered in a Motel miles from the Main Gate, on Stateline Road, (As I recall). I PLAYED A LOT of CITY OF HEROES with my foot/leg in a cast. I had an hour or two of PT (Physical Therapy) 5 days a week, and minimal collateral duties; so a LOT of time with nothing to do. (I was the Only soldier from my Brigade at Fort Campbell; once a week I reported to my First Sergeant or Sergeant Major, by phone or email.) I met several of my fellow WIA in COH, we would hobble across the street to Hooters. I am still friends with some of those guys. We recruited others to play CoH (no CoV etc. back then).

Good Times!

Some years later I developed kidney issues from that water...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1