Bug: Irradiated Ground does not accept Archetype Enhancements.

Willdabeastalt1

oh it's gonna get fixed for ya

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

46 minutes ago, arcane said:

Are you implying what I think you might be implying

If you're asking what I think you're asking, then yeah, he's probably implying what you think he's implying.

But its still gonna be a minute or seven.

As to the OP:

Not exactly a bug. 

Assuming it could be made to work correctly it would be crazy OP.  IIRC though the ATO buffs would go to the pet it spawns rather than the player.  I vaguely recall that being mentioned when this was discussed previously.  IG is a weird power.  Other pseudo-pet powers don't necessarily have this problem, but IG is one of the ones that does.

As it is it keeps an already broken power from being completely, utterly, insanely over the top.  Scrapper ATO2 in IG = near as makes no difference to permanent Critical Strikes mode, for example.  A Tanker could drop both of their ATO unique pieces in there and perma the +Res and Absorb.  Just no, lol.

Edited by InvaderStych
clarified detail

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

It's a pseudopet, so it can't take ATOs.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

22 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

So it should be a double-fix. Unass the broken proc firing and then allow the AT IOs, yes?

Turning into a standard aura like Death Shroud et al solves both of those problems while preventing the over-the-top potential listed above.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Isn't burn a pseudopet? It takes the AT IOs.

It is both a pseudopet summoner and an AoE attack

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

58 minutes ago, InvaderStych said:

Turning into a standard aura like Death Shroud et al solves both of those problems while preventing the over-the-top potential listed above.

That would probably be for the best.

But yeah every Radiation Melee character I have right now slots the thing with 5-6 procs because you’re currently gimping your potential if you don’t.

Edited by arcane
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Willdabeastalt1 said:

Isn't Blizzard a Pseudopet? And all other patch powers that don't have an immediate attack like Burn does?

Yes, in this case I'm referring more to the procs. They are all self buffs but you wouldn't be getting the buffs, the pet would. That probably shouldn't prevent someone from slotting the ATO into IG, but folks would complain about why their fury isn't generating, or not getting a resistance buff or an absorb buff, or not getting a crit buff. It all goes to the pet instead of you.

2 minutes ago, arcane said:

But yeah every Radiation Melee character I have right now slots the thing with 5-6 procs because you’re currently gimping your potential if you don’t.

This is because IG doesn't follow the "Once Every 10s" activation period rule for procs (and probably Interface, but I've never tested it) which was imposed on all damage auras and things like Caltrops around the time we were all rolling dual-aura melee toons and bee-lining the original implementation of Interface powers that turned Rains/Trops/Auras into Insta-Jib AoE powers.

😄

Just now, Bopper said:

Yes, in this case I'm referring more to the procs. They are all self buffs but you wouldn't be getting the buffs, the pet would. That probably shouldn't prevent someone from slotting the ATO into IG, but folks would complain about why their fury isn't generating, or not getting a resistance buff or an absorb buff, or not getting a crit buff. It all goes to the pet instead of you.

To fix this, quoting myself (classy), you would give IG the Enflame treatment. For example, make the toggle also be a do-nothing aura, and allow it to proc. Then make the pseudopet not allowed to proc. Then you will be able to slot the ATO, get buffed by the procs, and you will have procs happen every 10s instead of every time you summon the pseudopet (5s).

• Like 1