Not Really buying it...

Marine X

I understand some Bartenders prefer being referred to as a Mixologist, but I think this may be a bit much, the formulas for their Signature Cocktails may be a closely guarded Secret, but the place hardly qualifies as a Lab.

screenshot_220527-05-38-24.jpg

• Haha 9

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

I have seen exactly one reference to this type of concealed installation in game; there is a mid-to-upper 20s mission against the Council that sends you to a warehouse (for me, it's always been in south IP), but you appear in a Council base map on entry, with the entrance pop up telling you that you found a concealed door leading to a base under the warehouse. It's a nice touch to have it explicitly acknowledged, but I'd like to see more of it.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 5/27/2022 at 10:33 AM, Techwright said:

I'd rather find the lab under a bar than under a veterinarian's office or a kindergarten. 

Or a sewer treatment plant.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Actually, the most ironic thing about this I think is that this particular secret lab under the bar in AP, that the freakshow are using, is located right next to the police station of all places (if I am not mistaken that is lol)! lol Maybe the police there have been taken over by the Pod People, or have been corrupted somehow, or just been bought off by them is all? Or maybe its just a simple case of knowing they are going to be heading back to jail very, very soon, so just made a secret lab as close as possible to the station for conveyance sakes. 😁

In either case, have fun "storming the castle" so to speak and remember, another name for Paragon City is the City of Irony...

Peace...

@srmalloy Honestly does make me wish we had a few more missions too where we start out in a warehouse and actually find “secret” entrance into a villain’s lair. Same with offices. Said areas could either be populated with the villain group (with a popup explaining them removing their disguises or something) or going the extra mile could use like refactioned dockworkers or just civilian NPCs with some powers like street justice and SMGs.

Plus I imagine that most bartenders in Paragon need to be at least amateur chemists anyways

think about it you're in a city with mutants and monsters and superhumans who most likely have metabolic rates that burn alcohol out of their systems in  mere seconds. Near impossible to get a buzz with mere regular beer

so naturally some mixologist is gonna futz around to find a new mix of spirits that can actually give a buzz to an 8 foot tall mutant bear, or a  glowing radioactive starchild

• Thumbs Up 1

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

4 hours ago, Sakura Tenshi said:

Honestly does make me wish we had a few more missions too where we start out in a warehouse and actually find “secret” entrance into a villain’s lair.

If I remember from live, there were a couple of missions where you would start in one map type and switch to another by going through a door (unlike, say, the missions in Montague Castaneda's arc, where there is a hole in the floor leading to tunnels and the Rikti base tiles); if the HC staff had access to the map designer software, it would be possible to make more mission maps of this type

• Thumbs Up 1