How to use cosmic platform and quick travel since the update *Excelsior only cosmic link in thread*

Cyber Bishop

I didn't see this anywhere and recently have helped out a couple newer players with using the cosmic teleporter, monitor duty, Rapid Response portal and base transporter.

So recently they changed the cosmic teleporter so that you can't just use it anywhere, you needed to be next to a base portal so I figured a quick way to still use cosmic teleporter with other base travel powers the game offered.

So here we go first info about the two Day job powers

Monitor Duty:

You have earned the ability to teleport back to your supergroup base from your diligent duty guarding your base. Using this power will teleport you back to your supergroup base. Additional uses of this power can be gained by logging out near a Supergroup base portal.

Rapid response Portal:

You have earned the ability to summon a base portal from your diligent duty on patrol and guarding your base. You can use this power to summon a Supergroup base portal, allowing you and your allies to access your base. The portal lasts for 90 seconds each time it is summoned. Additional uses of this power can be gained by logging out near a Supergroup base portal. Recharge: Long.

All you have to do is log out near a base portal and after some time you will gain these powers (you can use them with fast travel so they don't take up too much space in your trays). They max out at 30 uses but the more you log out near a base portal the more you will keep them charged up.

The Base transporter can be purchased from a P2 vendor

And last but not least the macro for cosmic in Excelsior

/macro_image "Teleportation_LongRangeTeleport" "Teleport: Cosmic Platform" "enterbasefrompasscode COSMICTRANSPORT-6608"

You can try in other shards using their specific cosmic teleporter.

Now how to use these to get to cosmic platfrom via the cosmic teleporter.

Using Monitor duty from anywhere in the game

1) activate Monitor duty from fast travel or your tray

2) once the SG base message pops up use the cosmic teleporter

3) utilize cosmic teleporter as much as you need and pick your exit

Using Rapid Response Portal and base transporter (use it the same way for both) from anywhere in the game

1)Activate Rapid response Portal -OR- Base Transporter

2) once the portal opens up use the cosmic transporter

3) use cosmic platform to travel or whatever you need it for.

Please note that using travel powers from the PVP zones takes a bit longer for them to activate

You can park your toons near any base to gain those day job powers, I chose to park all my toons in Pocket D as they have pretty much everything there, P2 vendor, trainer, null, AE, a place to sell, multiple ports to other locations.

*I tried this method in one of the other shards but do not have the correct cosmic teleporter, if anyone has it and can try it there please do so.*

I hope this helps. And if there is a topic covering this I apologize as I searched and could not find anything.

Cheers!

Edited by Cyber Bishop

Main toons: Mistress-Six (Blaster), Cyber Bishop (Tank), D-Six (Blaster), Bowmistress (Blaster), Rina-Twelve (Blaster), Blazin' Bow (Blaster), 20 Fathoms (Blaster), Icee Qube (Blaster), Minaton (Tank), Princess Ariel Gabrielle (Tank), Lady Lilia M (Blaster)

33 minutes ago, Apparition said:

You should probably mention that this guide is Excelsior shard exclusive.  There are other bases on other shards.

You should be able to use this method on all shards. I can transfer one of my toons and try. Thank you for pointing this out.

**EDIT**

Ok if there is another cosmic code for other shards please try this method with that cosmic code.

Edited by Cyber Bishop

Main toons: Mistress-Six (Blaster), Cyber Bishop (Tank), D-Six (Blaster), Bowmistress (Blaster), Rina-Twelve (Blaster), Blazin' Bow (Blaster), 20 Fathoms (Blaster), Icee Qube (Blaster), Minaton (Tank), Princess Ariel Gabrielle (Tank), Lady Lilia M (Blaster)

• Cyber Bishop changed the title to How to use cosmic and quick travel since the update *Excelsior only cosmic link in thread*

The simplest and easiest way to get to any base is to have a macro for enterbasefrompasscode [base#]... then just click your Long Range Teleporter from anywhere in the game (even on a map) and then hit your base passcode macro button.

So all the old macros for insta-base entry are still valid - it jsut takes 2 clicks to enter instead of 1:  first click LRT, then click the macro.

Rapid Response and Monitor Duty and even Base Portal Temp Power are not really needed at all.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Frozen Burn said:

The simplest and easiest way to get to any base is to have a macro for enterbasefrompasscode [base#]... then just click your Long Range Teleporter from anywhere in the game (even on a map) and then hit your base passcode macro button.

So all the old macros for insta-base entry are still valid - it jsut takes 2 clicks to enter instead of 1:  first click LRT, then click the macro.

Rapid Response and Monitor Duty and even Base Portal Temp Power are not really needed at all.  

That works however then you have to wait for the LRT to charge back up for 9 minutes, using the method I said you can pop around a lot quicker than that with no cool down period at all (well except the base transporter that you purchase from the P2 vendor).

Edited by Cyber Bishop

On 6/21/2022 at 11:24 AM, Cyber Bishop said:

I didn't see this anywhere and recently have helped out a couple newer players with using cosmic, monitor duty, Rapid Response portal and base transporter.

So recently they changed the cosmic

So, um, FYI, the power isn't called 'cosmic'.

Cosmic is part of the name of an SG on Excelsior that has the best-known public transit hub.  The full name is 'Cosmic Council'.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

• Cyber Bishop changed the title to How to use cosmic platform and quick travel since the update *Excelsior only cosmic link in thread*
13 hours ago, Ironblade said:

So, um, FYI, the power isn't called 'cosmic'.

Cosmic is part of the name of an SG on Excelsior that has the best-known public transit hub.  The full name is 'Cosmic Council'.

It is called cosmic platform, I changed it accordingly and I already know of the Cosmic Council Sg thanks.

You will just confuse players by referring to a 'cosmic' whatever. They will think it is a power or something but it's just a SG base with portals and 'cosmic' the roleplay name.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Cyber Bishop said:

It is called cosmic platform, I changed it accordingly and I already know of the Cosmic Council Sg thanks.

Awesome.  Now if only your post didn't use the word 'cosmic' incorrectly nearly ten times, everything would be great and there would be nothing to confuse new players.

"using the cosmic macro, monitor duty, Rapid Response portal and base transporter"

"So recently they changed the cosmic so that you can't just use it anywhere,"

"so I figured a quick way to still use cosmic with other base travel powers"

"You can try in other shards using their specific cosmic macro."

"Now how to use these to get to cosmic."
"3) utilize cosmic platform as much as you need and pick your exit"

"2) once the portal opens up use the cosmic transporter"

"I tried this method in one of the other shards but do not have the correct cosmic portal,"

So, to clarify for anyone unfamiliar with the transport system, there is no power called 'cosmic', Homecoming never made any changes to anything called 'cosmic' and there is no 'cosmic portal' on any shard except Excelsior.

• Like 3

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Some Excelsior shard players legitimately think that the Cosmic Council SG’s teleportation hub SG base was actually made by the Homecoming developers and is a feature on all of the shards.  It was an amusing argument made against the removal of the base macro exploit two years ago, and it’s amusing to see that some people appear to still think that two years later.

• Like 1

I think the main point here is that SG bases are still practical for transportation uses.

You can use the Long Range Teleporter to go to a base you have a code for every nine minutes. After activating the LRT, you can plug in the code manually or just use a macro that you have handy.

In between that recharge timer, you can:

• Use Rapid Response portal (earned from Monitor Duty day job)
  • Use the Base Transporter (from P2W)
  • Run to a nearby base portal on a map
  • Take a lovely stroll through the zones as though your were a lowbie in the early issues on Live.

The unofficial Homecoming Wiki has a list of publicly offered SG bases that can be used for both transportation and the sharing of art.  You can find the list by server here: https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Supergroup_Base

In the meantime, the Cosmic Council is proud to continue providing services to our peers on Excelsior and are honored at its continued use. 

Edited by The Peacock
clarified use of LRT

25 minutes ago, The Peacock said:

I think the main point here is that SG bases are still practical for transportation uses.

Absolutely - super practical.  In fact, since I play regularly on multiple shards, I have a keybind set up that tries a bunch of different base codes - my own base on Everlasting, Cosmic Council on Excelsior, etc.

You just set up the line in the bindfile like this:

f3 "enterbasefrompasscode VF-5738$$enterbasefrompasscode COSMICTRANSPORT-6608$$enterbasefrompasscode Enclave-687"

Some day I'll get around to adding the codes for bases on the other shards since I have Ironblade on every shard and most of them are 50 already.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

Absolutely - super practical.  In fact, since I play regularly on multiple shards, I have a keybind set up that tries a bunch of different base codes - my own base on Everlasting, Cosmic Council on Excelsior, etc.

f3 "enterbasefrompasscode VF-5738$$enterbasefrompasscode COSMICTRANSPORT-6608$$enterbasefrompasscode Enclave-687"

Some day I'll get around to adding the codes for bases on the other shards since I have Ironblade on every shard and most of them are 50 already.

Well, damn, that's genius. 

42 minutes ago, The Peacock said:

It was meant to help but next time Ill refrain from helping or even posting and stick to playing the game.

I hope it is good enough now as I edited the whole first post.

Edited by Cyber Bishop

9 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

So, what I'm hearing is, if I go to other shards and build a base with the a base code matching those you war dial, I can totally mess up your bindfile.

Like, make bases that are just insulting to, like, you personally, and have no actual portals anywhere. 

Just kidding, your bindfile is genius.

Edited by The Peacock

3 minutes ago, Cyber Bishop said:

It was meant to help but next time Ill refrain from helping or even posting and stick to playing the game.

I hope it is good enough now as I edited the whole first post.

It is absolutely a good reminder that SG bases are still practical. I knew a lot of people were very upset after the patch and they didn't see how the SG base macro still had a lot of practicality. 🙂

12 minutes ago, The Peacock said:

So, what I'm hearing is, if I go to other shards and build a base with the a base code matching those you war dial, I can totally mess up your bindfile.

Like, make bases that are just insulting to, like, you personally, and have no actual portals anywhere.

Unlikely.  The problem is that you don't get to assign the numeric part of the code.  It's assigned sequentially, per shard, by the game.

And you would have to match both the text and numbers to match my bindfile.

Better luck next time.  😛

41 minutes ago, The Peacock said:

It is absolutely a good reminder that SG bases are still practical. I knew a lot of people were very upset after the patch and they didn't see how the SG base macro still had a lot of practicality. 🙂

Thank you I tried but got nit-picked quite obnoxiously. I hope it manages to help someone.

1 hour ago, Apparition said:

Some Excelsior shard players legitimately think that the Cosmic Council SG’s teleportation hub SG base was actually made by the Homecoming developers and is a feature on all of the shards.  It was an amusing argument made against the removal of the base macro exploit two years ago, and it’s amusing to see that some people appear to still think that two years later.

Wait that is the CC's tp hub? That I did not honestly know as it was passed around a few years back and I was told in game by someone that it was something the developers put in. I am assuming it was all over the forums but I tend to stay off all forums in general (I don't care how much info one can get) due to snobby keyboard commandos I have encountered onlline here and there.

Edited by Cyber Bishop

4 minutes ago, Cyber Bishop said:

Wait that is the CC's tp hub? That I did not honestly know as it was passed around a few years back and I was told in game by someone that it was something the developers put in. I am assuming it was all over the forums but I tend to stay off all forums in general (I don't care how much info one can get) due to snobby keyboard commandos I have encountered here and there.

That seems to be the source of the confusion. Here's where it was introduced. As I mentioned earlier, the Cosmic Council is honored to continue to provide this resource.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, The Peacock said:

That seems to be the source of the confusion. Here's where it was introduced. As I mentioned earlier, the Cosmic Council is honored to continue to provide this resource.

Thank you for clarifying that and doing so in a non condescending manner!

And thank you CC for doing this service.

• Thumbs Up 1

Constructive criticism taken as 'nitpicking' and personal attacks. Heh.

The edited post looks good to me now and no longer possibly confusing for new players that find it. Kudos.

5 hours ago, Sovera said:

Constructive criticism taken as 'nitpicking' and personal attacks. Heh.

The edited post looks good to me now and no longer possibly confusing for new players that find it. Kudos.

When it's done in a snobbish elitist way online from behind the safety of a keyboard it is.

Thank you I hope it helps them

I've been banging my head against a wall trying to set up a macro that activates one of the base powers, but it seems there's no pow_exec for them?
At first I though it would be as easy as /macro_image "Veteran_TeleportBase" "Base Tp" "Supergroup_Portal$$Enterbasefrompasscode PASSCODE-196"

...But of course it wasn't. It actually worked the first time around, so someone probably just activated a portal near me and I was so happy.

The whole double/tripple click to get to the base; activating one of the base tp powers (and clicking the portal) then having to click on the sg-base every damn time is really annoying for  me for some reason. Given that the Fast Travel meny is a popmenu with those powers there has to be a way to activate them? It would be so nice to have a couple of those in a tray for instant one-click base tp.

Edit: I got this little one to work, but have to double click the macro. Still beats anything else I've seen:
/macro_image "Veteran_TeleportBase" "Base Tp" "Powexec_location Me Monitor Duty Teleporter$$Enterbasefrompasscode PASSCODE-196"

Also works for powers that doesn't spawn a portal: /macro_image "Veteran_TeleportBase" "Base Tp" "Powexec_name Base Transporter$$Enterbasefrompasscode PASSCODE-12531"

Edited by HairyLou